Windows 10: Having issues with Windows 10 version 1809 Clean install. Games stutter all across the...

Discus and support Having issues with Windows 10 version 1809 Clean install. Games stutter all across the... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I really need some help and I honestly don't know where else to ask. I am running out of idea, please help me! So, basically most of the games I play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ksanchez210, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Having issues with Windows 10 version 1809 Clean install. Games stutter all across the...

I really need some help and I honestly don't know where else to ask. I am running out of idea, please help me! So, basically most of the games I play stutter, to some degree or the other; doesn't matter if I use v-sync or not, high or low settings, if I use an FPS limiter such as RivaTuner or not, if I disable services and stuff, timer resolution set to 0.5 ms, nothing works, my games have lag stutter, random fps drops when the GPU or CPU are not maxed out at all to some degree or other other. In fact, I had this problem under Windows 10 1803 so I decided to do a clean install of 1809 and to my luck, the issue is still there, some games got a bit better, others got worse The Divison 2 was super smooth to me on 1803, on 1809 is only smooth at Borderless FullScreen for example and not Fullscreen as it used to be, Star Wars Battlefront 2 now has weird lags and before it was locked 60, impossible for it to drop fps, ever at 1803. I even gave it a shot and decided to disable Spectre&Meltdown mitigations in hopes it would help me, but it doesn't make a difference.Watch Dogs 2 is borderline unplayable and if memory serves me correctly, it was super smooth; I believe this was on 1803. But other games did ran bad at 1803.

My computer, even if not the latest, it's capable: MOBO H81M-E33, i7 4770, GTX 1060, 8GB of RAM at 1600 MHz, 3 SSD's and 1 mechanical HDD and a 600W EVGA PSU. As you can see, it should be capable to run any game at medium or high at 1080p at 50-60 fps with no stutter, yet my games lag, very badly. Sometimes they are kind of ok, other days it's a nightmare. I've ran sfc /scannow to no avail. My last option is to format again and hope it could even fix anything.

My 1809 is fully up to date, so I don't think that's the problem either. Browsing and using the computer for everyday use is smooth and fast, but games are just becoming unplayable. I've asked all over the internet, nobody knows anything, all I get are snakeoil solutions or "bruh, do this and solved!". So I can't ask anywhere else but here.

Thanks.

:)

ksanchez210, Jul 23, 2020

2. Having issues with Windows 10 version 1809 (Clean install). Games stutter all across the board, some less, some more.

I really need some help and I honestly don't know where else to ask. I am running out of idea, please help me! So, basically most of the games I play stutter, to some degree or the other; doesn't matter if I use v-sync or not, high or low settings,
    if I use an FPS limiter such as RivaTuner or not, if I disable services and stuff, timer resolution set to 0.5 ms, nothing works
    , my games have lag (stutter, random fps drops when the GPU or CPU are not maxed out at all) to some degree
    or other other. In fact, I had this problem under Windows 10 1803 so I decided to do a clean install of 1809 and to my luck, the issue is still there, some games got a bit better, others got worse (The Divison 2 was super smooth to
    me on 1803, on 1809 is only smooth at Borderless FullScreen for example and not Fullscreen as it used to be, Star Wars Battlefront 2 now has weird lags and before it was locked 60, impossible for it to drop fps, ever at 1803)
    . I even gave it a shot
    and decided to disable Spectre&Meltdown mitigations in hopes it would help me, but it doesn't make a difference.
    Watch Dogs 2 is borderline unplayable and if memory serves me correctly, it was super smooth; I believe this was on 1803. But other games did ran bad at 1803.

My computer, even if not the latest, it's capable: MOBO H81M-E33, i7 4770, GTX 1060, 8GB of RAM at 1600 MHz, 3 SSD's and 1 mechanical HDD and a 600W EVGA PSU. As you can see, it should be capable to run
    any game at medium or high at 1080p at 50-60 fps with no stutter, yet my games lag, very badly. Sometimes they are kind of ok, other days it's a nightmare. I've ran sfc /scannow to no avail. My last option is to format again and hope it could even fix anything.

My 1809 is fully up to date, so I don't think that's the problem either. Browsing and using the computer for everyday use is smooth and fast, but games are just becoming unplayable. I've asked all over the internet, nobody knows anything, all I get are snakeoil
    solutions or "bruh, do this and solved!". So I can't ask anywhere else but here.

Thanks.

ksanchez210, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 upgrade: Game stutter issue

Hi,

Compatibility issues is one of the possible reasons why you're experiencing stutter issues when playing a game on your Windows 10 device. To help you resolve this concern, we need to gather more details. kindly verify the information below:

• Are you experiencing this issue with all of your games?
    • Are you having this issue when you are playing both online and offline games?
    • Does this issue occur on both digital and disk games?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on this

link
    . This can help us resolve problems you may experience during gameplay on your Windows 10 device.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Wilfred Mac, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Having issues with Windows 10 version 1809 Clean install. Games stutter all across the...

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

Having issues with Windows 10 version 1809 Clean install. Games stutter all across the...

1. Having issues with Windows 10 version 1809 Clean install. Games stutter all across the... - Similar Threads - Having issues version

2. Windows 10 clean install is having issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 clean install is having issues.: I performed clean install of windows 10 on my C drive. After some errors and problems I was able to install. But when I restart my Laptop this Recovery window comes up. Then I press Esc some of the given options do not work then I enter bios setting. There I just press save...
  3. Windows 10 Version 1809 Installing.

Windows 10 Version 1809 Installing.: I had this issue with Version 1809 last year december, an agent from Team Microsoft told me to "not yet install it and give it a few weeks before trying again". Never did i again tried to install the 1809, but now i recently notice that my device began to slow down and found...
  4. Windows 10 1809 clean install to m2 NVMe SSD issues

Windows 10 1809 clean install to m2 NVMe SSD issues: Hello! I am having issues doing a clean install of Windows 10 to a new build PC with an onboard m2 card. Once completed on first boot it goes into a loop sequence with an BSOD which diasappears too quickly to read the error report. On checking SRTTrail.txt it appears I have...
  5. System Stuttering Across All Apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Stuttering Across All Apps: After various amateur attempts at identifying the problem and two clean installs (updating all drivers each time), my 5 year old Windows 10 PC continues to have performance problems across all apps, including those it had no problem tackling in the past such as GMS2 and...
  6. Clean installation of 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean installation of 1809: After finishing with the clean installation of 1809, how to update my drivers to their latest version for better and faster performance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-installation-of-1809/ae5ba098-6520-4450-bf74-3701d6f1a5f1
  7. clean install of 1809

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    clean install of 1809: hi joydeep sir after done with clean install of 1809 how my drivers will get updated to its latest version for better and fast performance . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-install-of-1809/5fba8ece-5996-4346-8455-374a04533f79
  8. Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809

in Windows 10 News
    Bugs and issues of Windows 10 version 1809: Microsoft released the October 2018 Update for Windows 10, Windows 10 version 1809, on October 2, 2018 to the public. The update is not pushed out automatically through Windows Update but requires that users and administrators install it manually for the time being....
  9. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 installation issue

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 installation issue: Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809 is not installing.. showing requires a restart to finish installing. after restart noting happen.. still it showing the same......
  10. Stuttering, in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering, in all games.: Hi! I've noticed, that I've recently had, some sort of stuttering, where my game will stutter, every three second. I'm not sure, if it came after I installed the Windows 10 Creators Update. My rig: CPU Intel Core i5 4460 @ 3.20GHz RAM 8,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @...