Windows 10: Having lag/fps drop while playing games after windows 10 update

Discus and support Having lag/fps drop while playing games after windows 10 update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After windows 10 update my pc suffer from lag/fps drop while playing game Motherboard :- Gigabyte technology Graphic card :- intel R HD Graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by shaikhzubed, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Having lag/fps drop while playing games after windows 10 update

After windows 10 update my pc suffer from lag/fps drop while playing game

Motherboard :- Gigabyte technology

Graphic card :- intel R HD Graphics 4600

:)

shaikhzubed, Jul 3, 2020
  2. NickA95 Win User

Insane FPS drops and lag while gaming

I have had the problem from a fresh install of windows so i haven't made many changes before it started.

All drivers updated and all windows updates installed when they come out.

And i launch a game and nothing else, I'll use the game terraria. I launch terraria with nothing else running and after about 20 minutes the problem creeps its ugly head up. I will lag every so often and it last maybe for 4-12 seconds. Sometimes is does
    it twice consecutively. I recently started playing Rust again and in a game like this where gun fights can occur at anytime it really gets irritating. I used a program to record my FPS while in game and i will have maybe 90 fps then a sudden drop to 3-8 fps.

I tried all the methods you suggested above several times in the past and i redid them again. Same problem.

I have also made some changes to my system after trying to solve this problem but to no avail. I disabled prefetch and superfetch as i have read on this community that for a gaming computer this isn't needed. That's all i have really done except for scanning
    my computer for viruses, malware and rootkits.

Any idea what next?

NickA95, Jul 3, 2020
  3. FPS drop or Game lagging in April Update.

Hi everyone,

This afternoon I got my Windows 10 updated to April 1803 version. Everything seemed to work fine until I launched Assasssin's Creed III . On the previous windows 10 version it worked perfectly without any FPS drop or not even a single lagging while playing.
    But now my game lags sometimes and at times it's becoming horrible experience with the lagging.

So, any possible solution? I've already disabled the Game capture and Game DVR from settings, but they are not helping much.

Should I roll back to previous update? Or Microsoft is going to help by releasing a patch ?

My laptop is Asus X556UQ with NVidia 940 MX( latest driver installed)

MD.FAKHRUDDIN GAZZALI FAHIM, Jul 3, 2020
  4. Having lag/fps drop while playing games after windows 10 update

FPS drops and Screen flicker while playing games

I am trying my best to explain, what is my problem.

After a several months, i'm having a trouble in games (such as Rainbow Six Siege, CS:GO, F1 2015 etc.). After launching the game, the FPS drops down and the screen starts flashing and flickering. Some games worked while i was using them in
    windowed-fullscreen, but some of them don't have this option.

I hope there will be a fix for these issues, because they are really irritating.

I would appreciate your help!

***Modified Title from: Full screen problem in Windows 10 while playing games***

Matthew_Marko, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Having lag/fps drop while playing games after windows 10 update

1. Having lag/fps drop while playing games after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Having lag fps

2. Sudden drop in fps while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden drop in fps while gaming: So I play this game called VALORANT on my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop which is about more than a year old and for a few weeks I am experiencing sudden frame drops while playing. It runs fine for a few moments and then again I experience the frame drops. I tried turning off my...
  3. Sudden drop in fps while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden drop in fps while gaming: So I play this game called VALORANT on my HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop which is about more than a year old and for a few weeks I am experiencing sudden frame drops while playing. It runs fine for a few moments and then again I experience the frame drops. I tried turning off my...
  4. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  5. lag and fps drop in games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    lag and fps drop in games: battlefield 2042 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-and-fps-drop-in-games/edbbd071-dcad-4f5e-be5e-c1ba2f7398b7
  6. Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 massive lag and fps drop while gaming: Good day guys, I have an Asus X550M with a 2.16GHz Intel Celeron Processor and subsequently Intel Graphics. I usually run older games on it just fine eg: modern warfare, prototype etc usually averaging around 20-30 fps which is playable enough for me. Recently when the May...
  7. FPS drops and system crash issue while playing games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drops and system crash issue while playing games: As above. It's just impossible to play anything.. If I start streaming then the game just freezes all together.. From playing @ more than 70fps on a fast paced game with the highest settings I can even lower the settings to minimum and my FPS just drops to 30 average and...
  8. Windows 10 FPS Drop/Lagging After Update

Windows 10 FPS Drop/Lagging After Update: I have just auto-updated my Windows 10. But then everything goes weird in the next morning: my League of Legends normally runs at 60-90FPS suddenly dropped down to 30, even 25 after the update. I have updated the driver of GTX 950M but the situation seems the same. I even...
  9. Computer freezes and FPS drops while playing games

Computer freezes and FPS drops while playing games: http://prntscr.com/m78poi I'm using the above SSD, with a fresh install of windows 10 home, build 1809, which I switched to after I got this SSD. On idle, my screen will freeze for less than a second, for no reason, and it becomes worse during games, with drops down to 0 FPS...
  10. FPS drops and Screen flicker while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FPS drops and Screen flicker while playing games: I am trying my best to explain, what is my problem. After a several months, i'm having a trouble in games (such as Rainbow Six Siege, CS:GO, F1 2015 etc.). After launching the game, the FPS drops down and the screen starts flashing and flickering. Some games worked while i...