Windows 10: Having list of paths, how can I copy them in a new folder?

Discus and support Having list of paths, how can I copy them in a new folder? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I have a list containing paths to be copied in a new folder. See the list: [img] In other words, what I have here are only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HussainAlqatari, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Having list of paths, how can I copy them in a new folder?

Hello everyone,

I have a list containing paths to be copied in a new folder.

See the list:

Having list of paths, how can I copy them in a new folder? [​IMG]

In other words, what I have here are only pictures (as you can see the extensions in the list), these pictures are to be copied in a new folder, how can I do that?

* Note: I am a 'simple' Win10 user. I have no knowledge about coding and such things.

ANY HELP WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED. THANKS IN ADVANCE!

:)

HussainAlqatari, Jun 11, 2020
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Having list of paths, how can I copy them in a new folder?

How to clear the 'move to' and 'copy to' lists

Is there a way to delete the list of folders in the 'Move to' and 'Copy to' lists? I use the menu shortcut keys a lot but the drop down list of suggestions is becoming unmanageable. I usually scroll to the bottom and 'Choose location'

BarbaraHungerford, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Having list of paths, how can I copy them in a new folder?

1. Having list of paths, how can I copy them in a new folder? - Similar Threads - Having list paths

2. Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive: I'm trying to get a list of file folders on OneDrive to print. I just need the folder names, not any subfolders or files. I'm on Windows 11. Is there a way to do this?...
  3. Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Copy/Print List of Folders on OneDrive: I'm trying to get a list of file folders on OneDrive to print. I just need the folder names, not any subfolders or files. I'm on Windows 11. Is there a way to do this?...
  4. multiple folders changed to external drive path after copying them to external hdd.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    multiple folders changed to external drive path after copying them to external hdd.: This morning when I was just checking my e-mail, I had a blue screen of death.My laptop came up afterwards and I copied my folders with files to an external hard drive,These include contacts, Desktop, Downloads, Favorites, Music, Pictures and Videos.Not sure if the BSOD was a...
  5. multiple folders changed to external drive path after copying them to external hdd.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    multiple folders changed to external drive path after copying them to external hdd.: This morning when I was just checking my e-mail, I had a blue screen of death.My laptop came up afterwards and I copied my folders with files to an external hard drive,These include contacts, Desktop, Downloads, Favorites, Music, Pictures and Videos.Not sure if the BSOD was a...
  6. multiple folders changed to external drive path after copying them to external hdd.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I copy an existing Outlook contact list to new contact list under a different name?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I copy an existing Outlook contact list to new contact list under a different name?: I have a large contact list hundreds of contacts that I want to copy to a 2nd contact list which I can then remove a few contacts and so have two contact lists that are slightly different from each other without having to create the 2nd contact list from scratch. I am using...
  8. Drag and dropping files copies them instead of moving them. How can I change this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Drag and dropping files copies them instead of moving them. How can I change this?: I don't want to have to hold a button each time I do it. It's difficult to remember and I just want to move things, not create new copies of them. submitted by /u/Zoofyooo [link] [comments]...
  9. how can i copy multiple things and paste them later?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how can i copy multiple things and paste them later?: submitted by /u/xFishyyX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g2wyi1/how_can_i_copy_multiple_things_and_paste_them/
  10. DIR list to text list folders but not what is in them.

in Windows 10 Support
    DIR list to text list folders but not what is in them.: Is there a way with DIR command line via CMD or power shell to list the contents of a directory but exclude the contents of the folders and generate a a bare list(location name only). Just list the files and folders? 77487