Windows 10: Having multiple user accounts for specific things vs One (or two) accounts for all of my...

Discus and support Having multiple user accounts for specific things vs One (or two) accounts for all of my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, so I'll start off saying that I'm not really computer literate outside of the basics, so this question might seem really stupid. Right now I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheBlairBitch, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Having multiple user accounts for specific things vs One (or two) accounts for all of my...

Hi, so I'll start off saying that I'm not really computer literate outside of the basics, so this question might seem really stupid.

Right now I have two accounts on my laptop (asus q405u if that matters), and I use the first for mostly everything that I do, such as internet browsing, computer games (mainly the Sims with lots of expansions), music, photos, typing documents for work/school etc. The second one I just set up yesterday because I'm doing some things involved with the german keyboard NEO layout and some art, and I wanted to keep it separate and not have to deal with switching back and forth between that and QWERTY.

I'm wondering if using one user for all these activities might slow it down, because my computer has always been a pain in the ass when it comes to randomly freezing my activities then crashing (MS Word and Firefox are the main ones) and I'm wondering if that's because there's just a lot going on on this user account.

So in my head, I plan to split my activities up into 3: keep my main account for internet browsing and work, a second account for gaming, and a third account for photo albums, music, and the NEO keyboard use.

Is this idea pointless? If it is, I might do it anyway just for the sake of being organized, but yeah, is there any truth behind my logic in this? I know that if I simply switch accounts instead of fully log out that might take up more memory, but when I plan to switch between accounts I plan on fully logging out if it helps.

EDIT: Another reason why I asked this, is that when I went to download photoshop on the 2nd account yesterday, it asked me if I wanted to download for ALL users, instead of just account #2. That got me thinking, if I just download it on account #2 (which I did), wouldn't that make things run smoother overall? This is why I wanted to install Origin and Steam on a 3rd account. If I install those two programs and the associated games on that third account only, wouldn't that help make my computer run smoother in terms of memory?

submitted by /u/TheBlairBitch
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheBlairBitch, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Having multiple user accounts for specific things vs One (or two) accounts for all of my... :(

Zakin, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 29, 2019
  4. kenkickr Win User

Having multiple user accounts for specific things vs One (or two) accounts for all of my...

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Having multiple user accounts for specific things vs One (or two) accounts for all of my...

1. Having multiple user accounts for specific things vs One (or two) accounts for all of my... - Similar Threads - Having multiple user

2. I have two microsoft account and need them to be all on one account.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have two microsoft account and need them to be all on one account.: I have two account that need to be on one account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-microsoft-account-and-need-them-to-be/938ad964-db0f-4133-ba26-44559d7dcbc7
  3. I have two microsoft account and need them to be all on one account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two microsoft account and need them to be all on one account.: I have two account that need to be on one account. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-two-microsoft-account-and-need-them-to-be/938ad964-db0f-4133-ba26-44559d7dcbc7
  4. I have two microsoft account and need them to be all on one account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Having two user accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having two user accounts: Is it possible to factory reset a computer while using other user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-two-user-accounts/39a0c8ef-a975-4b2f-8dcb-4d81ea645fff
  6. Having two user accounts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having two user accounts: Is it possible to factory reset a computer while using other user account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-two-user-accounts/39a0c8ef-a975-4b2f-8dcb-4d81ea645fff
  7. I have two users on my PC! Both are administrators and want all data to be on one account?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have two users on my PC! Both are administrators and want all data to be on one account?: Hello I have all games and programs on my local account and I want to have them all on my other account. How can I move all data? Ich habe auf mein PC zwei Nutzern! beide sind Administrator und möchte das alle Daten auf ein Konto sind?
  8. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  9. One pc multiple user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    One pc multiple user accounts: Sorry it's so long, I wanted to explain everything, I use both Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive as backup for all of my computers. but recently my son asked to borrow my laptop, I said yes, he went in my office and just closed the lid, he did not see the earbuds laying...
  10. Two user accounts with one email?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two user accounts with one email?: I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email? (Standard account used daily...admin account rarely used and there for security I currently have each linked to a different email account...