Windows 10: Having problem activating windows after a significant hardware update. The windows was...

Discus and support Having problem activating windows after a significant hardware update. The windows was... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have purchased an Alienware desktop with preinstalled windows 10 pro which could not start since recently, so I basically threw the old hardware away... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by yukkurinn, Jun 4, 2019.

1. yukkurinn Win User

Having problem activating windows after a significant hardware update. The windows was...

I have purchased an Alienware desktop with preinstalled windows 10 pro which could not start since recently, so I basically threw the old hardware away and upgraded the motherboard, cpu, and graphics card, and transferred my windows onto a new ssd, but now I could not activate my windows. I tried troubleshooting but it did not work since I did not know I need to link my account to prepare for it. What else could I try now to activate my windows?

:)

yukkurinn, Jun 4, 2019

2. Windows updates...

Oh. Your "Registry" must have gotten screwed up FLY3R. If for some reason you couldn't download your updates I suppose you could go to the update site, and run throught the steps 'till it fails activation. Then you could go up to "Tools > Manage Add ons > then disable "Windows Genuine Advatage Validation Tool." Of course you should only use this method if you are having problems updating your legitamate copy of Windows XP. Perhaps do to a corrupted piece of software? *Smile Having problem activating windows after a significant hardware update. The windows was... :)

Thermopylae_480, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Windows updates...

You cant just disable it anymore.
    djlizard.net

*Toast :toast:

wazzledoozle, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Having problem activating windows after a significant hardware update. The windows was...

Windows Activation?

Windows will do this if it detects a significant (their word, questionable use) hardware change, and will ask you to reactivate.

After a key has been activated X number of times, you will have to call to activate it.

Couple of tips for the phone call: You can use your keypad, and when they're telling you keys, instead of saying "Repeat that" and "Continue" type 1 and 2. With these tips, that activation call will only last you about 4 and a half minutes.

DanishDevil, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

Having problem activating windows after a significant hardware update. The windows was...

1. Having problem activating windows after a significant hardware update. The windows was... - Similar Threads - Having problem activating

2. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation after significant hardware change: I recently bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro and had it working on my desktop. I only used it for a few weeks and my computer had a system failure with the blue screen. After troubleshooting and trying repair/reinstall Windows to no prevail I decided it was time for an upgrade....
  3. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation after significant hardware change: I recently bought a copy of Windows 10 Pro and had it working on my desktop. I only used it for a few weeks and my computer had a system failure with the blue screen. After troubleshooting and trying repair/reinstall Windows to no prevail I decided it was time for an upgrade....
  4. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with re-activating windows 10 after significant hardware changes

Problem with re-activating windows 10 after significant hardware changes: I made some hardware changes a while ago and my Windows 10 was deactivated. It came with my PC when I bought it and nothing I've done has been able to re-active it, including the troubleshoot. It shows me the last digits of the key but I don't have the rest of it....
  6. Activating Windows after significant hardware upgrade

Activating Windows after significant hardware upgrade: I am about to undertake a significant hardware upgrade: M'board, CPU, RAM, GPU Also considering a new M.2 boot drive which may/may not complicate process as I currently have windows installed to my SATA SSD Question I have is how do I ensure I can still activate and use my...
  7. Windows Deactivated after significant hardware change

Windows Deactivated after significant hardware change: I recently replaced my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM only to see that windows had deactivated. My Windows 10 Home is usually activated due to being signed in with my Microsoft account however that doesn't seem to make a difference. So i tried putting in my Windows 10 Home product...
  8. Problem in Activating Windows 10 Pro after significant hardware change.

Problem in Activating Windows 10 Pro after significant hardware change.: First of All Sorry there will be tons of grammatical mistakes are going to happen as I am not good in English. I recently changed my broken Motherboard and HDD of My PC, installed a new Windows 10 Pro on my new HDD as well. After installing it I thought to activate Windows I...
  9. Windows does not want to activate after significant hardware change

Windows does not want to activate after significant hardware change: Ok so I just recently changed my motherboard, processor went from intel to ryzen and my graphics card. I do not have a key, because the pc came preinstalled with Windows 10 Home. Now I am stuck with the activation watermark, even tho I payed for windows. Help would be much...
  10. Windows Activation after significant hardware change

Windows Activation after significant hardware change: Hi, I've recently changed both my motherboard and cpu and am unable to re activate windows on the pc. My version of windows is linked to my microsoft account. When I go use the activation troubleshooter and select the device I'm using, it says 'Unable to activate windows.'...