Windows 10: Having problem in login with finger scanner

Discus and support Having problem in login with finger scanner in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am having simplepass finger scanner. Whenever I login using the scanner, my mouse curser blinks show busy circle. It slows down the PC & does not... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Bhakta M P, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Having problem in login with finger scanner

I am having simplepass finger scanner.

Whenever I login using the scanner, my mouse curser blinks show busy circle. It slows down the PC & does not allow typing. The moment I type anything it gets selected and gets deleted. Only once I disabled by windows biometric service I could do things. Now every time I login, I have to input password.

:)

Bhakta M P, Aug 7, 2015

2. Will finger print scanner work on Windows 10?

Original Title: Windows 10 - Hardware

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 with finger print scanner, primarily used for Windows login, will the finger print scanner still work after upgrading to Windows 10?

Extra Info: Software installed is HP SimplePass, powered by AuthenTec.

AdamReynolds1785, Aug 7, 2015
  3. windows 10 hello

hi,i am producing finger print scanner (i have a factory).

i want to allow my customer to login in windows by using my finger print device which connected by USB.

what i should to do?

thanks

FarhadSalavaty, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Byron Win User

Having problem in login with finger scanner

I have an HP Envy i7, Win10 64 home, 16gb ram, 1tb disk. Same issue. I enabled simple pass and the fingerprint flashes at odd times and slows the system down. So far, it only works with lastpass.

Byron, Aug 20, 2015
  5. I have the same machine with 8 gb ram. I have disabled the service & doing a manual login.

Bhakta M P, Aug 21, 2015
  6. Byron Win User
    My general logon process seems to be confused. I have it set to not ask for a password either from start or from sleep. It still does, but not consistently.

Byron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Having problem in login with finger scanner

1. Having problem in login with finger scanner - Similar Threads - Having problem login

2. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  3. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    finger print scanner: my finger print scanner is not working.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/1309cb00-d749-41c7-a5e1-826baf6f0826
  4. Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled: My touchpad and finger scanner on it have recently turned off or been disabled and I don't know how to turn them back on. I have tried using function keys to turn it on, and have tried going into settings but have found there are no settings for me related to a touchpad. How...
  5. Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled: My touchpad and finger scanner on it have recently turned off or been disabled and I don't know how to turn them back on. I have tried using function keys to turn it on, and have tried going into settings but have found there are no settings for me related to a touchpad. How...
  6. Touchpad and finger scanner have been disabled

7. finger print scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  8. finger print scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    finger print scanner: I bought my brand new Microsoft surface go laptop 3 months ago, it has been working perfectly fine I love the laptop. but in the past couple of days, my fingerprint scanner is not working, it says this laptop doesn't support it and some features are unavailable because of...
  9. finger print scanner

finger print scanner: finger print scanner on my hp laptop stopped working after 2019-08 update to 1903 KB4512508. suggestions please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finger-print-scanner/bcc1e803-82b8-43a1-94d2-555fde30587a
  10. Finger scanner problem

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Finger scanner problem: Hi, my finger scanner has a problem. Even though the hardware is working fine, I receive a message saying there is a problem. At first I thought the problem was my installed fingerprint, so I tried to install a new one. However, trying to do this gets me the same message. It...