Windows 10: having problem launching apps

Discus and support having problem launching apps in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; HI,so recently about a week nowI'm having this weird problem where some apps don't start and only when I turn off shut down my PC and then turn it back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Davidona, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Davidona Win User

having problem launching apps

HI,so recently about a week nowI'm having this weird problem where some apps don't start and only when I turn off shut down my PC and then turn it back on the apps start.more details:the problem starts on start up basically I turn on the computer and apps like teams, zoom, eclipse just don't start.when I click on them I see the small loading window and poof the small window disappears and it does not open the program.other apps work like discord and chrome.not sure what causing it and what is common in the apps that don't start.one common thing I see that all of the apps so far that

:)

Davidona, Jun 18, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to launch Microsoft Store and Microsoft store apps.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how it could be when the applications doesn’t work as they are supposed to. We will look into this. However, please reply to the following questions to help you in a better way:

• Are you getting any error message?
    • Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Are you aware of any changes made on the computer recently?

In the meantime, I suggest you to follow the steps from the article
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store
    to fix the issues with the Microsoft apps that are not launching. Also, follow the steps from the article

Microsoft Store doesn't launch
    to fix the issues you are facing in launching Store.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 18, 2021
  3. Windows 8.1 phone app problem

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Launch Storage Sense.
    • Select the folder which the app is installed (phone or memory card).
    • Tap Apps+games.
    • Select the app and then uninstall.
    • Re-install the app by going to the Store.

Let us know how it goes.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 18, 2021
  4. having problem launching apps

Get Started app wont launch

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To assist you better, I would like to ask what is the error message you get when the app is launched.

Suggest you to run the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Store Apps” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 18, 2021
Thema:

having problem launching apps

1. having problem launching apps - Similar Threads - having problem launching

2. Having problems launching Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems launching Chrome: Hopefully someone can help me.Recently bought Lenovo Ideapad Flex, which already came with Windows 11 S Mode, but I need Chrome, so I took it out of the S Mode so i can install it. I tried to install it, which it does and shows on my screen but whenever I tried to open it...
  3. Having problems launching Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems launching Chrome: Hopefully someone can help me.Recently bought Lenovo Ideapad Flex, which already came with Windows 11 S Mode, but I need Chrome, so I took it out of the S Mode so i can install it. I tried to install it, which it does and shows on my screen but whenever I tried to open it...
  4. Problem to launch all apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem to launch all apps: Windows 10, updated Every time I click on a .exe or on a dektop icon, cmd starts a forces a connection to jupyter lab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-to-launch-all-apps/da255eaa-6251-40a6-b639-8a7163903d49
  5. Problem to launch all apps

Problem to launch all apps: Windows 10, updated Every time I click on a .exe or on a dektop icon, cmd starts a forces a connection to jupyter lab https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-to-launch-all-apps/da255eaa-6251-40a6-b639-8a7163903d49
  6. problem in launching settings app

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem in launching settings app: i am not able to launch the settings app in my windows 10. i am clicking on the app but there is no response https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-in-launching-settings-app/ac162369-5f59-4ffb-8c37-99b2907d16df
  7. Apps not launching

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Apps not launching: My stock Microsoft apps i.e. photos, aren’t opening. I have contacted Microsoft support numerous times and all of them give me the same response. I try all the ways they suggest to fix it and nothing works. It all started after updating from 2018 windows 10 to 2019 windows...
  8. apps not launching

apps not launching: Suddenly my calculator and photo apps will not launch. I can't open images that are sent to me. You seen the black screen and the spinning timer but then the screen goes back to the email where the image was attached. With calculator, I see the graphic blue calculator but...
  9. App not launching

App not launching: Dear Sir / Madam, I have this week bought a Surface Pro in Dubai. I launched the Calculator, Camera app and some other in-built apps but only the frame appears and then it disappears. Using ctrl+alt+del does not even show the app opened. I have done all updates...
  10. Problem launching apps

Problem launching apps: Split from this thread. Right after this last update almost all of my default APPs do not work. Blacked out and won't open. Get an error that I should wait a minute while MS upgrades this APP. It has been 3 days and I can not open anything. I run the troubleshooter and it...