Windows 10: having problem typing special characters @ and "

Discus and support having problem typing special characters @ and " in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Just cleaned the keyboard after switching off my laptop. Since then I am having problem typing @ and " characters. May be coincidental. Have checked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mrs.RMS, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Mrs.RMS Win User

having problem typing special characters @ and "

Just cleaned the keyboard after switching off my laptop. Since then I am having problem typing @ and " characters. May be coincidental. Have checked and the language input is on English (US).

Please help

:)

Mrs.RMS, Mar 4, 2019

2. E71 croatian special characters

May i know what are teh special characters that your are trying to type on your message editor?

Could you please provide the detailed list or the combination of keys being pressed.?

Thanks in advance

vijayt---01, Mar 4, 2019
  3. Greggggg Win User
    Special characters ^

How do you type the special character ^ (it's what you get when you type Shift-6 on a standard keyboard). I cant' find a way to get this character on the keyboard -- I'm forced to use copy/paste to copy the character from another source and paste it where
    I need it.

Greggggg, Mar 4, 2019
  4. having problem typing special characters @ and "

Typing special characters on Windows 10 login screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

Method: 1

I would suggest you to use Shift + special characters keys such as #, &, @, {,}, [,], on the login screen check if it helps.

If not suggest you to follow the below method.

Method: 2

Check with different keyboard, and if that works.

Method: 3

Try to runHardware and Devices troubleshooter.

• Press “Windows key + X” and type “troubleshooting”.
    • Select “Troubleshooting”.
    • Select “View all” on the top left corner.
    • Click “Hardware & Devices”.
    • Click on “Keyboard & Mouse ”
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

having problem typing special characters @ and "

1. having problem typing special characters @ and " - Similar Threads - having problem typing

2. special character is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    special character is not working: i am supporting couple companies and recetly have lot of issue with my users , the sepcial characters is not working and mostly users passwrd are include these characters and they cant log into their softwares and their account get locked , mostly after a reboot it back to...
  3. typing special characters

typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  4. typing special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    typing special characters: I've searched everywhere for an answer to this - it's actually a 2-part question. - I know that with a numeric keypad you can type the guillemet symbol via alt+124/125, but on a laptop pc with no numeric keypad is there a way to type it without always copying and pasting? I...
  5. im not able to type capital letters or special characters

im not able to type capital letters or special characters: whenever i hold shift to use a capital letter it doesn't work same for special characters it works fine with caps lock on but I need special characters too and its just a pain to copy the character i want so i just want some answers....
  6. im not able to type capital letters or special characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    im not able to type capital letters or special characters: whenever i hold shift to use a capital letter it doesn't work same for special characters it works fine with caps lock on but I need special characters too and its just a pain to copy the character i want so i just want some answers....
  7. im not able to type capital letters or special characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to type text symbols and special characters in windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to type text symbols and special characters in windows: I want to know is there any way to type text symbols and special characters in windows 10? As we can type emoji with shortcut key of Windows+. Is there any similar shortcut key for symbols as well, where we can type symbols along with the text? Thank you....
  9. special character ¥

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    special character ¥: I usually use three languages, English, Traditional Chinese and Japanese. And I, always, need to type the specail character "¥" using the keyboard combination of [ALT]165, but this cannot be done using English language keyboard, it will return a "?", only when I switch to...
  10. Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot type ALT+### Codes for Special Characters: This problem has gone one for 3 years. ALT+### codes do not work for most Windows Apps. I have had Windows Support troubleshoot this, with no success. I have had SteelSeries (keyboard manufacturer) troubleshoot this, with no success. The only app I have that it works with is...