Windows 10: Having Problems Resetting Windows 10

Discus and support Having Problems Resetting Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everybody, I hope you guys can shed some light on this. I upgraded to Windows 10 the day it came out, and I've been almost problem free. I did not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Joshua, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Joshua Win User

Having Problems Resetting Windows 10

Hi everybody, I hope you guys can shed some light on this. I upgraded to Windows 10 the day it came out, and I've been almost problem free. I did not do a clean install, I just upgraded. But recently, I was going to reset my laptop, and I can't. Here's what happens: I go to settings to reset it, I click reset and nothing happens. The mouse will have the blue loading wheel for a couple of seconds, and that's it. I try again, still the same thing. I know you can reset in advanced startup, but I was just wanting to know why this is happening, and get a solution. I have also restarted my computer, so that's out of the question. It probably sounds like a stupid question, but I was just wondering why it is doing this. *Rolleyes

:)

Joshua, Aug 4, 2015

2. problems with windows 10 and google chrome

since loading windows 10 i have seen a number of frustrating issues when using google chrome which i have never had before. The most frustrating of these (i have a touch screen laptop) is if i drag the cursor over the screen it resizes either larger or
    smaller which is not what i want. Not a techie so whilst i have tried to fix it looking at other issues i have still not been successful - any ideas how i can fix this please?

windows 10 problems, Aug 4, 2015
  3. KennyTH Win User
    Having some problems after resetting the Windows 10 on my laptop

So i got my laptop reset the Window 10 completely with all the files gone. After few hours later i got back to my laptop and i saw this(the photo i uploaded). What can i do in order to get my laptop back? Thank you

Having Problems Resetting Windows 10 [​IMG]

KennyTH, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Joshua, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Since you have already upgraded to Windows 10 from your activated 7/8.1 PC, you have registered the free activation on Microsoft activation servers for your PC.

If you like, you can do a clean install of Windows 10 instead. Be sure to skip entering the key during installation to have it activated.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1...n-install.html

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  5. Joshua Win User
    So, if I was to download the Media Creation Tool, I could do a clean install, and I won't need a product key?

Joshua, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Correct. The activation for your free Windows 10 is registered for you PC on MS activation servers, and is why it will be activated when installed on your PC.

You could download an ISO or create a USB to use to clean install with.

Brink, Aug 4, 2015
  7. Joshua Win User
    Okay. Thank you for your help.

Joshua, Aug 4, 2015
  8. Joshua Win User

Although doing a clean install is a very good alternative to resetting, I'm still scratching my head on why the "Reset this PC" button won't open.

Joshua, Aug 4, 2015
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not sure, but you could also see if you may be able to do a reset at boot instead.

Reset Windows 10

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Having Problems Resetting Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Having Problems Resetting

2. Problems with Resetting Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Resetting Windows 10: Hello,I just purchased a new computer. I have backed up all of my files from my previous computer, now what I was trying to do was reset my old computer with a clean install of Windows 10. When I attempted the many ways to reset my old computer, it would begin the reset...
  3. Windows 10 resetting problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 resetting problem: My conputer became very slow so I decided to reset my pc to make it faster. But my electricity gone and now I am facing a terrible fate. My installation is stuck at 64%It is becoming 65% and then restart and again the same thing. I cannot even cancel it. Is there any way to...
  4. I have problem in resetting my windows 10 pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have problem in resetting my windows 10 pc: Can I turn off my PC while reset. The percentage is at 10 and not increasing for 5hours. What must I do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-in-resetting-my-windows-10-pc/f9e3fea3-b7b7-4fa0-8002-309ee4c8f3dd
  5. Windows 10 Reset Problem.

Windows 10 Reset Problem.: I tried to reset my hp envy x360 windows 10, but it was stuck on 12% for over 4 hrs so i restarted and entered bios and followed some instructions online but nothing seems to work. Then I downloaded the windows creation tool to boot from the usb but without luck it brings me...
  6. Reset windows 10. still have problems with apps and store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Reset windows 10. still have problems with apps and store.: Hello! I'm chris I had an issue with the windows store not working and apps not opening, among other things with my pc there were a few programs i couldnt uninstall and even ones i couldnt even find that showed up in the "these apps are preventing your pc from shutting down"...
  7. Have a problem with resetting.

Have a problem with resetting.: I used the Windows reset function. The program runs up to 89% with errors. When restarting, the Stop screen is encountered. And my C drive moved to drive X and drive C becomes reovery. My Windows is still in the X drive. Fin I have to do to solve this problem...
  8. Windows 10 reset problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 reset problems: I was experiencing different blue screen of deaths with a different error code each time when I powered on my laptop( sometimes it used to restart automatically and unexpectedly). I tried windows recovery and sfc /scannow along with windows memory diagnostic to pin point the...
  9. Windows 10 reset problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 reset problem: My laptop is HP Pavilion with i5-7200u, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD (SATA) + IntelHD/9400MX. This HP has OEM Windows 10 SL preinstalled. My problem is: when I want to 'reset' Windows, it complains it could not find recovery environment. Exact error message attached: [img]...
  10. Windows 10 Reset Problems

Windows 10 Reset Problems: I tried resetting my computer and it failed at about 25% and now it wont go to the windows welcome screen at all, all it shows is the logo and nothing is loading. Tried rebooting it and resetting it but every single time it goes to about 80%, it would show this message:...