Windows 10: Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

Discus and support Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,So I like to play games from steam but as recently as three months ago, I finished my first year at college but I decided not to take my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SeanDayton, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

Hello,So I like to play games from steam but as recently as three months ago, I finished my first year at college but I decided not to take my computer for the year, so I didn't really have the opportunity to keep up with updates. My system specs are as follows:CPU: Ryzen 5 3600xGPU: RTX 2060RAM: 16gb corsair vengenceMy problem is that when I tried to play a "new" game from steam, for example Don't Starve Together, Deep Rock Galactic, etc., the game will start to load, but will either just stop launching or will sometimes have a pop-up screen saying "First time loading setup, Microsoft DirectX

:)

SeanDayton, Jun 1, 2023
  2. Kynshra Win User

DirectX problem,Steam games stopped working

Hello Guys,

Here's the problem:

All of a sudden all of my Steam games stopped working. Although I have DirectX 12 installed (checked in dxdiag) Steam is telling me I need the latest version of DirectX (r). The fun thing is that I can still play The division and League (Basically all games
    not required to be launched via Steam).

Things I've tried to fix:

- I ran sfc /scannow and it found zero problems.

- I checked dxdiag and I have DirectX 12 installed

- I have updated my graphics driver to all the latest versions

- I tried to reset my pc for a clean install and it failed due to an unknown error multiple times

- I tried to download the latest versions of DirectX from the official Microsoft website but the installation keeps failing due to an internal system error.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Kynshra, Jun 1, 2023
  3. BossDweeb Win User
    Cant launch any steam games that require directx to be downloaded

Interesting. This is the second thread in two days regarding Steam having DirectX problems with new machines,

and getting errors when the game tries to install DirectX

(which is already fully installed in Win10. Or should be, but games don't bother asking permission to install DX any more.

They just go ahead and install DX automatically, which can corrupt some DX files at times).

Your post seems to verify there is an issue with Steam, but the other person tried reinstalling the Steam client and that didn't help.

Still don't know what the real issue is. Have a read of that thread.
    --- HERE ---

Don't post on his thread though. Come back here with your comments and updates on your problem.

"i have tried many things and none of them seem to work "

- Always list everything you have tried in your post. It can help you having to read the same suggestions, and save us from having to type them.

BossDweeb, Jun 1, 2023
  4. Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

steam problem

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why your steam game is not opening. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Windows Store. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

Click here

Step 2: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps and features.
    • Find the game and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Step 3: Try to uninstall and reinstall the game.

If the issue persist, we highly recommend that you contact Steam support for additional troubleshooting steps.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 1, 2023
Thema:

Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

1. Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running - Similar Threads - Having problems DirectX

2. Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with DirectX and steam games not actually running: Hello,So I like to play games from steam but as recently as three months ago, I finished my first year at college but I decided not to take my computer for the year, so I didn't really have the opportunity to keep up with updates. My system specs are as follows:CPU: Ryzen 5...
  3. Error running game with DirectX

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error running game with DirectX: I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and reopened it. However, now i can't run it at all because this error code appears. "Failed to format DirectX. Format must be...
  4. Error running game with DirectX

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error running game with DirectX: I'm trying to run "Hastune Miku Project Diva Mega Mix+" and it worked for a short moment before, but when I left the screen froze so I closed it and reopened it. However, now i can't run it at all because this error code appears. "Failed to format DirectX. Format must be...
  5. Problem with a game on steam.

Problem with a game on steam.: I've been trying to play Hearts of Iron IV on steam recently and it's given me a "Steam runtime communication error." I've followed many steps given to me by Paradox Interactive support the company that owns HOI4 and our final "diagnostic" was making a new user profile on...
  6. Problem with a game on steam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with a game on steam.: I've been trying to play Hearts of Iron IV on steam recently and it's given me a "Steam runtime communication error." I've followed many steps given to me by Paradox Interactive support the company that owns HOI4 and our final "diagnostic" was making a new user profile on...
  7. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  8. Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12

Can't run a DirectX 11 Game on DirectX 12: Hi, I tried to play a game called Lego Marvel Superheros 2, but when I ran the game it said "Fatal Error, Your machine is unable to run the game. It requires a graphics card which supports DirectX 11"I checked what DirectX version I had, and it said I had DirectX 11, How do I...
  9. Can't Run Steam Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Run Steam Games: I just finished building my PC, and I downloaded DirectX but Im getting an alert from Xenuine with error code 00000A00/0019 and MSVCP140.dll, what do i need to download in order to run my games?...
  10. DirectX Issues (Steam)

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Issues (Steam): I'm running an Early 2015 MacBook Air with Intel HD Graphics 6000 and an Intel i5 processor with 8GB of RAM with Windows 10 64-bit through a Boot Camped external drive. Overwatch, RollerCoaster Tycoon 2, and Portal 2 all run perfectly fine - heck, Portal runs better than it...