Windows 10: Having problems with folders in quick access

Discus and support Having problems with folders in quick access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Whenever I right-click on a folder in the quick access pane, all open folders close right after the machine lags a little... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nana QhouamyAddo-Wiafe, May 23, 2019.

1. Having problems with folders in quick access

Whenever I right-click on a folder in the quick access pane, all open folders close right after the machine lags a little

:)

Nana QhouamyAddo-Wiafe, May 23, 2019

2. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 23, 2019
  3. enso Win User
    Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

4. Having problems with folders in quick access

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

I solved the problem without following steps 1, 2, and 3. The solution is stupidly simple and it doesn't make any difference as to whether the problem item in the Quick Access list is pinned or unpinned.

1. Create the folder in the same path where Quick Access reported it to be unlocatable. The folder will be empty.

2. Delete the folder you just created. The Quick Access item that WAS listed in Quick Access disappears!!

Note that #2 does not remove or delete the item from Quick Access. It deletes the empty folder you just created *from the machine* (i.e., it goes to the Recycle bin) and as a consequence of the deletion, it disappears from the Quick Access list.

KarenMullen, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Having problems with folders in quick access

1. Having problems with folders in quick access - Similar Threads - Having problems folders

2. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  3. Quick Access Folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quick Access Folders: Why can't I rearrange Quick Access folders???And why did MS decide to drop so many useful things in Windows 11??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folders/25f95a18-2354-4aee-a8ff-8981d6bda929
  4. Quick access to folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick access to folders: Good day everyone, Please accept my apologies in advance if this topic have already been discussed in the forum. I couldn't find anything to help me, so I I thought to ask. I am looking for a simple solution where a folders can be access quickly. I am not talking for a...
  5. quick access folder having not same name as actual folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    quick access folder having not same name as actual folder: i was messing around with quick access folders changing locations but now its stuck on a name which is not the same as the actual folder, but i cant change the name of a quick access folder. is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Darren_wl03 [link] [comments]...
  6. Quick Access folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Quick Access folder: My Quick Saver folder is displaying all my files on the startup screen. How do I get my screensaver I chose back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quick-access-folder/4a800131-3fc0-4aaf-8d3b-6a388311ddc0"
  7. Problem with quick access

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with quick access: I replaced the system disk with another (clone it). Everything is ok but in quick access there are still connections to the old disk that has now become E, Even if I try to delete them and add the new ones, the wrong connections reappear on every reboot Thank Hispa 119202
  8. Quick Access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick Access folders: Right now Quick Access will show the real folder name once the folder is added. One might have multiple folders with an identical name but on different locations on the drive, e.g. x:\PDF\MyName x:\XLS\MyName x:\Doc\MyName Is there no way to provide these a kind of...
  9. Quick access folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folders: Hi i have noticed that some folder i use have appeared under the quick access list and there does not seem to be a a way of removing them Folders i have added to this list have a small pin on the right and its easy to unpin them but these folder do not have the pin so how...
  10. Quick access folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Quick access folder: Hello guys.. When i open something like Downloads or Pictures open automaticaly and the same folders to ''This PC'' How can i disable this ? Thanks [img] 63939