Windows 10: Having problems with games crashing. Excemption code 0xc0000005

Discus and support Having problems with games crashing. Excemption code 0xc0000005 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having difficulties with my computer when I try to play games. Doing some research, I tried scanning for viruses, disabling windows security,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dc11615, Dec 23, 2019.

1. dc11615 Win User

Having problems with games crashing. Excemption code 0xc0000005

Been having difficulties with my computer when I try to play games. Doing some research, I tried scanning for viruses, disabling windows security, scanning my memory, replacing my RAM, checking if my drivers were up to date, doing a registry clean, and then eventually just reinstall a fresh copy of Windows. Still getting the error. Here's the crash report

Faulting application name: sekiro.exe, version: 1.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cbe93c3
    Faulting module name: sekiro.exe, version: 1.4.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cbe93c3
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000366723
    Faulting process id: 0x2b54
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b9e597dba1a0
    Faulting application path: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sekiro\sekiro.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files x86\Steam\steamapps\common\Sekiro\sekiro.exe
    Report Id: cfaaa02c-255a-41b9-be89-60f87fd7b3a9
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at my wit's end.

:)

dc11615, Dec 23, 2019
  2. Ricko66 Win User

Random apps and games crashes with error 0xc0000005 and blue screens

Since the end of July 2019 my apps and games (including windows services) have been crashing randomly, the windows event log lists these crashes with error 0xc0000005, here's an example for the game Verdun (other apps and games crash with the same error):

Faulting application name: Verdun.exe, version: 2019.2.4.15146, time stamp: 0x5d65bc48

Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00003ffca4ea3081

Faulting process ID: 0x1760

Faulting application start time: 0x01d5859441ddbe1a

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\WW1GameSeries\Verdun\Verdun.exe

Faulting module path: unknown

Report ID: 47476bd7-22fa-4760-b22b-07598c183ba1

Faulting package full name:

Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have also been having random blue screens with the errors PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

I have used windows Driver Verifier and I managed to get some blue screens that point to the clipsp.sys driver but I don't think the content of the blue screen contains everything meaningful.

The crashes do not seem to happen in Safe Mode.

In the past months I have tried almost everything:

• Clean boot
    • Updated windows to latest version
    • Used all tools to check integrity or corruption like sfc, chkdsk, ecc.
    • Clean reinstalled windows multiple times
    • Replaced RAM modules
    • Replaced motherboard
    The crashes still happen. Since I have no idea what is causing these crashes my next step will be replacing the CPU...

Ricko66, Dec 23, 2019
  3. testing Win User
    Game crashing all the time / PC freezes sometimes

Since about a month I have the problem that a game (Grand Theft Auto V) is crashing all the time. Sometimes the complete PC freezes too so that it displays the old image e.g. a few minutes ago (completely unresponsive, only restarting the PC helps). The time is not predictable, when it crashes. At one time it crashes after five minutes, another time it crashes after half an hour. But one thing is sure - it will crash.

I have contacted the Rockstar Support and they say they can't help me anymore. Things I did asked by the Rockstar Support:

• reinstalled the game and Social Club multiple times
    • deleted game files in AppData/Local/Rockstar Games/GTA V and Documents\Rockstar Games\Social Club
    • deleted C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V\GTAVLauncher.exe and restored via Steam option Verify integrity of game files
    • DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and sfc /scannow multiple times
    • uninstalled another app, which should be responsible for network timeouts/blocking
    • switching to story mode/second character
    • submitted the export of msinfo32 including crash reports to the support
    • changed firewall settings

Things I tried myself:

• played in Safe Mode
    • changed graphics settings
    • removed OC
    • updated to latest Nvidia driver (436.15)
    • updated Windows 10
    • checked the event log, but there is no entry
    • executed memtest86 without problems
    • made a stress test with FurMark without problems

I don't have expierenced similar problems in other games/apps.

System configuration:

• i5-6600K
    • 16 GB RAM
    • Nvidia GeForce GTX 780

Temperature is always OK.

Launcher.log from GTA V writes something like:

How can I find the cause of this error?

testing, Dec 23, 2019
  4. DrZoo Win User

PC Crashes While Gaming, error 0xC0000005

As of lately, my computer will crash randomly while playing mostly graphically intensive games. I can do normal things on my PC all day long and play low end games with pretty much no problem. As soon as I play GTA 5, BF4, or something of that graphic capability the application will crash. Sometimes within a few minutes, but mostly within a 15-30 min period.

Quite frequently, the Runescape Client (queue jokes) window will randomly close too. I kind of feel like this is the same issue going on. However, with this being much less graphically intense, it happens less frequently or takes longer for a crash to occur.

99% of the time I get the same 0xC0000005 error (means the program has attempted to access memory that it shouldn't. ), on rare occasions it will BSOD with a 1A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT error or a 4E PFN_LIST_CORRUPT.

This has become extremely annoying and I don't quite know where to pinpoint the problem, and all of these seem to be memory related issues. Due to the fact that it mostly happens with graphically intense games, I want to point my finger at my video card.

I was wondering what ideas you guys might have? I thought about stress testing my video card to see if it will crash again. I don't really know how to strictly test the memory of a video card, but that was my best guess. Below are the troubleshooting tips I have tried, as well as links to pictures from Event Viewer, Bluescreenview, and debug reports from WinDBG for the 1A and 4E errors are attached.

Troubleshooting steps I have done are:
    • Tried reverting back to the last "most stable" driver for my GPU (Clean Install)
    • Updated video drivers to the latest version (Clean install)
    • Checked my SSD for errors using software from the vendor (Don't believe this is an issue because two games are on different disks, and the same thing happens)
    • Checked my RAM with memtest86 for 24 hours (Did this twice now)
    • Scanned for malware, no threats found
    • Used CCleaner to clean crap off of my computer
    • Ensured Windows was fully up-to-date with the latest critical and optional patches

Pictures:
    Imgur

DrZoo, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Having problems with games crashing. Excemption code 0xc0000005 - Similar Threads - Having problems games

2. Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005: Hey, I had multiple games keep crashing and I am not really able to figure out why.Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x64276b4bFaulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 31.0.15.3141, time stamp: 0x641398c6Exception code:...
  3. Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005: Hey, I had multiple games keep crashing and I am not really able to figure out why.Faulting application name: ForzaHorizon5.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x64276b4bFaulting module name: nvwgf2umx.dll, version: 31.0.15.3141, time stamp: 0x641398c6Exception code:...
  4. Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005: I was getting this error before and then I notice, I had ram problem and I solved that problem.Now I still get the same error. I left my minidump file below.Thanks in advance.Hatalı uygulama adı: BlackDesert64.exe, sürüm: 0.0.0.0, zaman damgası: 0x63c8fd8aHatalı modül adı:...
  5. Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005

Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005: I was getting this error before and then I notice, I had ram problem and I solved that problem.Now I still get the same error. I left my minidump file below.Thanks in advance.Hatalı uygulama adı: BlackDesert64.exe, sürüm: 0.0.0.0, zaman damgası: 0x63c8fd8aHatalı modül adı:...
  6. Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005

Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005: I'm at a loss here, I've been trying to figure out why games on my PC crash, it really should be able to handle anything I throw at it except 4K stuff could it be heat related? My PC does get quite hot inside, maybe some of the fans are broken? When I look in BIOS I think...
  7. Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing with Exception code: 0xc0000005: I'm at a loss here, I've been trying to figure out why games on my PC crash, it really should be able to handle anything I throw at it except 4K stuff could it be heat related? My PC does get quite hot inside, maybe some of the fans are broken? When I look in BIOS I think...
  8. Having problems with games crashing. Exception code 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with games crashing. Exception code 0xc0000005: I have some problem with my game. When I play for several hours suddenly the game crashes and when I check the event viewer appears:Faulting application name: re8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x60825e9bFaulting module name: re8.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:...
  9. Games crashing because of error 0xc0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crashing because of error 0xc0000005: Hey Guys. Recently all of my games started crashing after some time or sometimes instantly. Forza Horizon 4 always crashed after loading in or a few seconds after starting to drive avg 150 FPS before Microsoft Flight SImulator 2020 either crashes on startup, when...
  10. No Man's Sky Crash Exception Code: 0xC0000005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Man's Sky Crash Exception Code: 0xC0000005: Hi all, I have been getting the following crash on a regular basis in No Man's Sky. Raw dump file data: 0:029> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* * * * Exception Analysis * * *...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc000005 random games crashing