Windows 10: Having problems with launching a particular program on windows 10

Discus and support Having problems with launching a particular program on windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I installed this program called Voicemod not too long ago and tried to run it with discord and have some fun, problem was it wasn’t working. For... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Zyngawolf, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Having problems with launching a particular program on windows 10

So I installed this program called Voicemod not too long ago and tried to run it with discord and have some fun, problem was it wasn’t working. For some reason no matter what I did or how I opened it the program would launch, pop up in my task bar then disappear and is nowhere to be seen. It also pops up on task manager when I went to launch it but just disappeared. This was about a week ago. Today I was just randomly playing games and it decided to open by itself I didn’t click anything on it the thing just opened and was working fine. I decided to have a break from my computer, so I shut down and came back a couple of hours later and now the same thing is happening as before hand and just isn’t working. I’ve tried reinstalling, cleaning my storage and doing some stuff this video was saying but still nothing is happening. So now I’m here please help.

submitted by /u/Zyngawolf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Zyngawolf, Nov 3, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

One Particular Program Will Not Open

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to launch an application.

As you have mentioned the game was originally released for Windows 98/ME/XP, it could be possible that the game might not be fully compatible with Windows 10.

We would suggest you to check the installed programs list to see whether the game was successfully installed or not. To check type: appwiz.cpl in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit Enter. Look for the game in the list.

If you do not find the game in the list, we would suggest you to try installing it again.
    After installing the game, refer the steps below to run the game in compatibility mode:

1. Right click on the game file and select
      Properties.
    2. Click on Compatibility tab.
    3. Now, under Compatibility mode, click on
      Run this program in compatibility mode for.
    4. Select Windows 98/ME/XP using the drop down menu.
    5. Click on OK and try running the game.

For more information, you can refer the article
    Make older apps or programs compatible with Windows 10

We would also suggest you to contact the game manufacturer and check if the updated version of game is available, that can be run in Windows 10.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 3, 2019
  3. drake035 Win User
    Setting programs to launch on Windows start in a particular order

I want to:

1. make certain programs launch on Windows startup, and
    2. make sure they launch in a particular order.

Is it possible with Windows 10 without using third party programs?

drake035, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Having problems with launching a particular program on windows 10

Microsoft signals end of Paint program

Microsoft has confirmed that it will continue to offer its graphics program Paint.

In a recent update, it had listed Paint as a feature that would be either removed or no longer developed.

Paint, renowned for its simplicity, has been part of the Windows operating system since its launch in 1985.

Microsoft suggested it would not remain on Windows 10 by default but did say it would be available for free on the Windows Store.

BBC news Report here
    Microsoft Paint avoids brush with death

dorsetknob, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Having problems with launching a particular program on windows 10

1. Having problems with launching a particular program on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Having problems launching

2. Having problems launching Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems launching Chrome: Hopefully someone can help me.Recently bought Lenovo Ideapad Flex, which already came with Windows 11 S Mode, but I need Chrome, so I took it out of the S Mode so i can install it. I tried to install it, which it does and shows on my screen but whenever I tried to open it...
  3. Having problems launching Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems launching Chrome: Hopefully someone can help me.Recently bought Lenovo Ideapad Flex, which already came with Windows 11 S Mode, but I need Chrome, so I took it out of the S Mode so i can install it. I tried to install it, which it does and shows on my screen but whenever I tried to open it...
  4. having problem launching apps

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    having problem launching apps: HI,so recently about a week nowI'm having this weird problem where some apps don't start and only when I turn off shut down my PC and then turn it back on the apps start.more details:the problem starts on start up basically I turn on the computer and apps like teams, zoom,...
  5. Program does not launch on windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Program does not launch on windows 10: Hello. I have windows 10. I have a program that wouldnt launch. It is called qz tray. It says there is anorjer instance running and closes. I have only 1 accoint on the tablet i am using surface pro3. How cam i stop rhe instance it says it finds, amd close it? Is there a...
  6. A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program

A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program: I made a mistake of using a program to clean up my system which I suspect has caused me the problem that I describe below and now I'm faced with a rather weird situation. One particular program will not open by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting "Open" or...
  7. A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program: I made a mistake of using a program to clean up my system which I suspect has caused me the problem that I describe below and now I'm faced with a rather weird situation. One particular program will not open by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting "Open" or...
  8. One Particular Program Will Not Open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    One Particular Program Will Not Open: I recently attempted to install a Japanese game/visual novel on my computer, which has Windows 10. I think I was able to install it as a shortcut was created, as was a folder in Programs with an application file. I had my region set to Japan at the time. The version of the...
  9. Programs crashing on program launch on Windows 10 1803

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs crashing on program launch on Windows 10 1803: Dear community, I'm usually not a forum writer but this issue really got me desperate. I can normally figure out such stuff myself, but for this specific issue, there is no adequate resource on the whole internet (or in this forum) that I could find, so here is my own post,...
  10. Programs not launching

Programs not launching: Hi all, Today I've been setting up my new rig and I've been hitting an issue, some programs will not launch. The three main programs I've been having issues with are: -Paint, won't start no matter what I do -Geforce Experience, starts the launcher but wont open the...