Windows 10: Having problems with memory, I think.

Discus and support Having problems with memory, I think. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I hope I'm putting this in the right place. I am running 4 sticks of Corsair memory adding up to 16gig. By accident when I was System>Display, Sound,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xpac5896, Dec 30, 2018.

1. xpac5896 Win User

Having problems with memory, I think.

I hope I'm putting this in the right place.

I am running 4 sticks of Corsair memory adding up to 16gig. By accident when I was System>Display, Sound, Notifications, power>About, I noticed that Win 10 is reporting Installed RAM=12.0GB. So I did some looking and found that you can check your RAM using Administrative Tools> Windows Memory Diagnostic, so I used it and it reported no problems. I also checked Windows Task Manager>Performance and it too is reporting 12gig of ram. I pulled all the RAM sticks and switched them around and it Win10 still reports 12gig.

1. I'm guessing I have a stick that's bad but I have no idea how to identify that particular stick
    2. If Win 10 is reporting no problems with the RAM, why is Win 10 only reporting 12gig?
    3. Is there any other program that can check your RAM other than Windows?

Thanks in advance

:)

xpac5896, Dec 30, 2018
  2. philc43 Win User

Memory Problem

I notice you have a Killer network Manager in your list. There have been problems with the Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver service which in combination with a Killer network driver starts to fill up the Non-Paged Pool memory. This was in W8.1 and the suggested fix is altering the registry key value of the “Start” entry to 4 in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu\ to disable the Windows Network Data Usage Monitor Driver from starting.

See https://bluebluewave.wordpress.com/2...ge-monitoring/

Worth a try in your system I would think.

philc43, Dec 30, 2018
  3. Memory issues

Thank you for updating us. We suggest that you run the Memory Diagnostics Tool, this is to check your system for memory problems. Follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel and type memory in the search bar.
    • Click on Diagnose computer memory problems to open it.
    • If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Let us know the status of the issue.

Reymichael Ros, Dec 30, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 30, 2018
Thema:

1. Having problems with memory, I think. - Similar Threads - Having problems memory

2. I think I am having an SMB problem?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I think I am having an SMB problem?: I have 3 machines/network locationsTruenas Scale ServerWindows 11 LaptopWindows 10 DesktopReadyshare Network DriveI have tried everything to fix this issue. My windows 10 machine can't find my Truenas storage no matter what I do. What makes this even weirder is that I used to...
  3. I think I am having an SMB problem?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I think I am having an SMB problem?: I have 3 machines/network locationsTruenas Scale ServerWindows 11 LaptopWindows 10 DesktopReadyshare Network DriveI have tried everything to fix this issue. My windows 10 machine can't find my Truenas storage no matter what I do. What makes this even weirder is that I used to...
  4. I think I am having an SMB problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Do you think I have a virus or malware problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Do you think I have a virus or malware problem?: Hi , I keep getting pop ups . It`s looks like they are coming from femefun.com . How would I get this off my computer? I ran my anti virus and malware scan , nothing showed up. I`m also running Spy Bot. Nothing with that either. What would you suggest?...
  6. 20h2 problem i think

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20h2 problem i think: I already have 20h2 but i windows update wants me to install 20h2 again?? It could be a bug or something in my system but i need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-problem-i-think/44f66acb-547b-4e8d-985c-cc1538417d66
  7. 20h2 problem i think

in Windows 10 Gaming
    20h2 problem i think: I already have 20h2 but i windows update wants me to install 20h2 again?? It could be a bug or something in my system but i need help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-problem-i-think/44f66acb-547b-4e8d-985c-cc1538417d66
  8. 20h2 problem i think

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. i think i might have a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i might have a problem: so i use a special password for all of my game accounts today when i went on them i was banned for hacking i think someone hacked my accounts and then hacked on them unfortunate spacemen? BANNED first person shooter? BANNED among us? BANNED my online rhythm games? BAND...
  10. im having problems with my mouse i think

in Windows 10 Customization
    im having problems with my mouse i think: I've been having this problem in some of my applications when i try to scroll down or up my computer automatically highlight buttons in a black as you see in this screenshot. I have no idea what to do about, sometimes it doesn't allow me to go difference screens in some of my...