Windows 10: Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated

Discus and support Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok, I'll start from the beginning. A few days ago, my computer updated to a newer version of Windows 10. When it finished updating, I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickMcLaren, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated

Ok, I'll start from the beginning.

A few days ago, my computer updated to a newer version of Windows 10. When it finished updating, I noticed something very perculiar:

• All of my steam game shortcuts are gone from my desktop
    • All of my shortcuts in general are gone
    • All my files that were present on the desktop are gone
    • I keep getting a pop-up that says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"
    • All my hotbar icons (except for Microsoft Edge, Files, Windows Store and Mail) are gone
    • My documents, pictures and downloads are not in their default places
    • My background keeps changing to the standard Windows 10 background
    • Every time I go on a website I have to relog in
    • The worst part is that if I try to fix things up, Windows will get rid of everything again and I'm back at square one

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

:)

PatrickMcLaren, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated

1. Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated - Similar Threads - Having problems computer

2. Problems to update my computer with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems to update my computer with Windows 10.: Hello, I have been presenting problems with the update of my computer, I do not know how to do to repair the image of the Windows system afterward to update it....
  3. i have problem with my PRINTER to Comunicate with my computer?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i have problem with my PRINTER to Comunicate with my computer?: this Printer drive me craysi need help with the communite?ok thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-problem-with-my-printer-to-comunicate-with/665f9409-fbc1-4842-90d5-4161b46d941f
  4. HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING UPDATES ON MY LAPTOP WINDOWS 10

HAVING PROBLEMS GETTING UPDATES ON MY LAPTOP WINDOWS 10: Having trouble getting updates on laptop windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problems-getting-updates-on-my-laptop/e48d02f2-e517-42c4-9595-e3e091039f6b
  5. Problems on my computer caused by updates.

Problems on my computer caused by updates.: So I have noticed that the condition of the software and overall performance on my laptop have been deteriorating with every update, what's going on and what can help?...
  6. I have windows 10 on my computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have windows 10 on my computer.: I have windows 10 on my computer I now have the command prompt screen up I would need to know what I need to type to be able to open my computer up to change some things....
  7. Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected?

Why after the Windows 10 update my computer was infected?: Kaspersky detected some threats after restarting pc and updating at 7 pm (Moscow time). [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/why-after-the-windows-10-update-my-computer-was/daf9ef5e-128d-49f6-b1e7-5a7dde81f650
  8. i have a problem with my windows 10!

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have a problem with my windows 10!: i have a problem with my windows 10 when I pressed Q I opened the windows button and pressing L brings me back to the desktop there are still many such combinations that open up a lot of windows and i do not like playing something excuse me for bad English...
  9. After Partition was updated having problems with Booting

in Windows 10 Support
    After Partition was updated having problems with Booting: Let me start by saying I am not sure that this is the correct Forum to post this problem in. Some background: I upgraded my Windows 7 Laptop to Windows 10 back in August 2015. Other than some minor issues/annoyances, it has worked reasonably well. Earlier this year I...
  10. Having Problem Shutting Down My Computer Properly (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Support
    Having Problem Shutting Down My Computer Properly (Windows 10): I often have problems shutting down my computer properly, and I can't seem to track down the exact cause for the issue. It happens every few weeks: once in a while I will attempt to shutdown my computer and everything seems to go just fine - except for the fact that the...