Windows 10: Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated

Discus and support Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok, I'll start from the beginning. A few days ago, my computer updated to a newer version of Windows 10. When it finished updating, I noticed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PatrickMcLaren, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated

Ok, I'll start from the beginning.

A few days ago, my computer updated to a newer version of Windows 10. When it finished updating, I noticed something very perculiar:

• All of my steam game shortcuts are gone from my desktop
    • All of my shortcuts in general are gone
    • All my files that were present on the desktop are gone
    • I keep getting a pop-up that says "You'll need a new app to open this ms-wpc"
    • All my hotbar icons (except for Microsoft Edge, Files, Windows Store and Mail) are gone
    • My documents, pictures and downloads are not in their default places
    • My background keeps changing to the standard Windows 10 background
    • Every time I go on a website I have to relog in
    • The worst part is that if I try to fix things up, Windows will get rid of everything again and I'm back at square one

Does anyone know how to fix the problem?

:)

PatrickMcLaren, Apr 15, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 1, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 1, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Oct 1, 2019
Thema:

Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated

1. Having problems with my computer after Windows 10 updated - Similar Threads - Having problems computer

2. I have problems with updating my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have problems with updating my computer.: I had problems with updating Windows 10. Than I upgraded PC to Windows 11 but i still get the same error. I tried installing latest update manually but the error is still showing. Can someone help please?...
  3. I have problems with updating my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problems with updating my computer.: I had problems with updating Windows 10. Than I upgraded PC to Windows 11 but i still get the same error. I tried installing latest update manually but the error is still showing. Can someone help please?...
  4. After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.: Home key deletes whole row of text. 3=/3, enter key=x. and other keys aren't right. How can I fix this?Thanks,Sharon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-last-windows-10-update-have-keyboard/0e40702b-9272-41a2-8b89-96f43b090eca
  5. After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.: Home key deletes whole row of text. 3=/3, enter key=x. and other keys aren't right. How can I fix this?Thanks,Sharon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-the-last-windows-10-update-have-keyboard/0e40702b-9272-41a2-8b89-96f43b090eca
  6. After the last Windows 10 update, have keyboard problems.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Having problems with my PC, Windows 10 Home. After having the computer on for 15 minutes,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Having problems with my PC, Windows 10 Home. After having the computer on for 15 minutes,...: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IaCA4Mwi0VPGF3yAV1MJ-dqxu-i3En9u/view?usp=sharing I've had this PC for the last 3 weeks, built it myself, and this has never happened to me before. The only thing that I've done is getting a new monitor. I can not stop this action, nor...
  8. After updating Windows 10 I have no sound on my computer

After updating Windows 10 I have no sound on my computer: After updating Windows 10 I have no sound on my computer What I can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-updating-windows-10-i-have-no-sound-on-my/5a96780f-dc45-41c7-a648-51c5e10e2935
  9. I’m having a problem with my windows 10 computer

I’m having a problem with my windows 10 computer: I am having a problem with my computer it is spinning out of error code and crashing and it spits out three area codes when it crashes I am trying to fix it currently...
  10. Problems to update my computer with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems to update my computer with Windows 10.: Hello, I have been presenting problems with the update of my computer, I do not know how to do to repair the image of the Windows system afterward to update it....