Windows 10: Having problems with my mouse and my keyboard.

Discus and support Having problems with my mouse and my keyboard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So my laptop does this annoying thing where if I'm pressing a button on my keyboard, my mouse won't allow me to click anything. I can move it around on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iAzaria, Jul 13, 2018.

1. iAzaria Win User

Having problems with my mouse and my keyboard.

So my laptop does this annoying thing where if I'm pressing a button on my keyboard, my mouse won't allow me to click anything. I can move it around on the screen, but it won't click. This is very frustrating while playing games. I thought it might just be a problem with my touch pad but I recently got a USB Wireless mouse because I thought it was fix this problem but it didn't. What can I do to fix it?

:)

iAzaria, Jul 13, 2018

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 13, 2018
  3. keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 13, 2018
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Having problems with my mouse and my keyboard. - Similar Threads - Having problems mouse

2. Having problems with my keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having problems with my keyboard: I can't hold down keys on my keyboard. Pressing keys works well but holding when doesn't work at all it just tabs and done. Also I can't hold w and shift or w and space while gaming or the character stops....
  3. Having problems with my keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having problems with my keyboard: I can't hold down keys on my keyboard. Pressing keys works well but holding when doesn't work at all it just tabs and done. Also I can't hold w and shift or w and space while gaming or the character stops....
  4. I have a problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a problem with my mouse: I bought a havit MS 1001 mouse. It works perfectly fine except that the software does not reacognize it. I tried both softwares taht the official havit page includes,. One software says "The device is disconnected" and the other one says "Finding the device" even tho the...
  5. Im having problems with my audio and my mouse

Im having problems with my audio and my mouse: Recently i've detected that by moving my mouse my laptop speaker makes a high pitch noise but nearly inaudible, I research the problem and its cause of the mouse having interferences with my laptop audio PD: Im not using headphones My latop is:...
  6. I have a problem with my keyboard

I have a problem with my keyboard: Dear All, I am new to ten forums. Hello. I have a problem with my keyboard. When I type with it I can enter about 8 or nine characters (sometimes more) and no more at all UNTIL I move the mouse to end of the text I just typed and left click then the cursor appears. At...
  7. I have a problem with my mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have a problem with my mouse: So I have a Macbook pro 2012 with Windows 10 on it, I've installed windows long time ago And I had a problem 1 week ago that caused my mouse cursor to move to the left side and jumps a little bit to the right, I don't know how to explain it exactly but I was able to solve...
  8. Having a problem with my mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having a problem with my mouse cursor: Whenever I swipe my mouse too fast into the side of my screen, it disappears for a second and makes an error sound. When ever I spin around too fast in games, I freeze for a second. submitted by /u/Cfoshizzle [link] [comments]...
  9. Have a problem with my mouse and keyboard.

Have a problem with my mouse and keyboard.: My mouse and keyboard are both mechanically perfectly fine, but for some reason, after about 10 mins of playing a game they will both completely freeze, and i have to manually turn my computer off and on, and the cycle continues. I'm thinking its a driver problem, but I'm not...
  10. Problems with my wireless Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems with my wireless Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.: I am experiencing problems with the Bluetooth or wireless connection of my devices, I cannot use them, it does not work, I have updated my Windows 1 nothing. I hope to help soon....