Windows 10: Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...

Discus and support Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every time I click with my mouse, it either acts normally or does the exact opposite click. I've changed mouses 3 times so I know that that isn't the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Lily2211, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Lily2211 Win User

Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...

Every time I click with my mouse, it either acts normally or does the exact opposite click. I've changed mouses 3 times so I know that that isn't the problem. It only happens once in every 5 clicks or so, it's getting really annoying.

:)

Lily2211, Nov 30, 2020

2. Mouse right click is intermittent; what should I check?

Hi everyone,

I've been having a problem with my Razer Copperhead mouse. Holding down the right mouse button no longer sends a constant hold-click to my PC; instead it repeats an endless cycle of click and release, like the "turbo" buttons on old console controllers. Still, the mouse makes only one audible click, initially, when holding down the button. This problem manifests itself in shooter games (where holding right click usually looks down the scope) as the gun constantly zooming in and out. This only occurs with the right mouse button, not the left. I'm right handed, so it's weird that the left mouse button gets more wear than the right but it still works fine.

I initially thought this was an issue with the mouse being dirty, so I disassembled the mouse and cleaned everything inside and out, and this didn't fix the issue. I would like suggestions on how I can fix the mouse or if replacing it is the only option.

Thanks in advance.

The Von Matrices, Nov 30, 2020
  3. Taskbar left click and right click not working

Hi Regors,

Thanks for the update.

Please reply to a few questions asked below to understand the issue better:

• Do you get context menu on right clicking on the icons located on the task bar?

• Are you unable to use the left click mouse option only on the taskbar icons?

• What is the primary mouse button set at Mouse settings?

You might have changed the primary mouse button settings from the
    Mouse
    settings page on Windows. To check the primary mouse button set on the PC, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Mouse & touchpad settings and select the top most search result.

• From the left side panel of the window, check if
      Select your primary button
      under Mouse is set to
      Left
      . If not, select Left from the dropdown bar.

• Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 30, 2020
  4. NoahEllam Win User

Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes...

Mouse left click SOMETIMES acts as right click

So first of all I just want to make it clear that I know about switching which mouse button is the primary button and am 100% sure I'm on the right setting (left click as normal click and right click as open context menu etc) so please don't suggest that
    I check/uncheck the box in mouse properties.

So every 5-10 left clicks (it's completely random) my mouse registers a right click (I have done this very slowly to make sure I wasnt accidentally hitting right click somehow) so if I spam left click every so often the context menu appears as if I right
    clicked. Also before anybody suggests that I buy a new mouse I bought 3 (1 wireless and 2 wired of different brands) when I upgraded my PC last because I had another seperate but equally as annoying mouse bug and on ALL 3 this bug occurs, I have completely
    reinstalled windows on a fresh harddrive, none of my pc bits at all apart from the case are even the same as the last time I had a mouse bug (I replaced literally everything but case) and I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers countless times.

I have scoured google for weeks and found nothing, I really am out of ideas. Any help would be much appreciated.

NoahEllam, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Having problems with my mouse, sometimes left clicks right and right clicks left, sometimes... - Similar Threads - Having problems mouse

2. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  3. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click: As I stated above, when I right-click it acts as left-click but only sometimes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-when-i-right-click-it-acts-as-left-click/09ca8885-9870-425e-a902-eb680bba6d6b
  4. Sometimes when I right-click it acts as left-click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  6. My right click sometimes left clicks.

My right click sometimes left clicks.: On occasions my right click will left click. It wont do that on another mouse. The driver is updated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-right-click-sometimes-left-clicks/f541c2ed-8ac1-47e4-8d60-6b4f9a24ae1b
  7. dell mouse left click randomly right clicks

dell mouse left click randomly right clicks: i have a dell mouse and i know this prblm is weird but let me explain whenever i left click and hold and drag somehing my mouse leave that drag item and right clicks and whenever i rapidly use left clicks the right click context menu appear for few clicks and then the left...
  8. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  9. Left click also right clicks sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Left click also right clicks sometimes: If I hold left click, then sometimes, it right clicks as well. I'm only touching the left mouse button, and yes, my primary buttons aren't switched. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling most of my mouse drivers and restarting my PC. Please send help....
  10. Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad)

Left/right click problem (mouse and trackpad): Hi everyone, I'm really struggling with using my Cube Mix Plus tablet in laptop mode. With the keyboard connected, doesn't matter if I use the trackpad or mouse, when I click on certain things they just flash up momentarily then disappear. Including the mouse settings window,...