Windows 10: Having Problems with Night Light Feature

Discus and support Having Problems with Night Light Feature in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, my Night Light has been malfunctioning. If I have it on during the night and open my laptop the next morning, my screen is still warm as if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdrianFiandor, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Having Problems with Night Light Feature

Recently, my Night Light has been malfunctioning. If I have it on during the night and open my laptop the next morning, my screen is still warm as if the Night Light were still on. However, when I check my settings, the feature is turned off. To fix this, I turn it off and then on again. It's an easy fix, but I would rather not have to do it. What can I do?

:)

AdrianFiandor, Mar 8, 2021
  2. S-and-S Win User

Why is the Night light feature malfuctioning?

Malfunction of the night light feature is a known bug in the v.1903 feature update. See the information from Microsoft

here
    . Look for the paragraph that starts "Gamma ramps, color profiles, and
    night light settings
    do not apply in some cases." No fix issued yet and considering how many bigger issues Microsoft has to deal with, my guess is that a fix for night light is lower down on the list.

S-and-S, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Night Light problems

• Click start and then settings.
    • Click system.
    • Click Display.
    • And you'll find night light there.
    • And if u want to change the color click night light settings.

derpygamer, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Having Problems with Night Light Feature

No Night Light

Hi allisonb1

Try these steps

Option 1. Reset Night Light-related Settings on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If you find the night light in the Action Center or the Settings is greyed out after the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can fix it with the steps below:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + i to open Settings.

Step 2. Go to the Privacy menu.

Step 3. On the left side, choose the Location tab.

Step 4. Click the Change button under the Location for this device.

Step 5. Toggle the switch under the Location for this device to ON.

Step 6. Toggle the switch under the Location service to ON.

Step 7. Restart the computer.

Now check the Action Center or the Settings on your Windows 10 Fall Creators Update to see if the night light feature is available.

Option 2 . Modify Registry to Fix Night Light Not Working on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update

If the methods above didn't work, you may need to modify the registry to fix the greyed-out night light button or the night light not working issue. Note: Windows Registry is a vital database on Windows OS computer. Any misoperation will cause server system
    problems, such as 100% disk usage issue, blue screen issue, endless reboot, etc. So it's important to backup registry before the changes.

Now let's kill the night light not working and release the pain:

Step 1. Use Windows shortcut keys Win + R to launch Run.

Step 2. Type into regedit.

Step 3. Hit the Enter key.

Step 4. Copy and paste the path into the address bar of the Registry Editor: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\CloudStore\Store\Cache\DefaultAccount

Step 5. Press the Enter key.

Step 6. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.bluelightreductionstate under the DefaultAccount and select the Delete to remove it.

Step 7. Right-click the key $$windows.data.bluelightreduction.settings and select the Delete.

Step 8. Restart the computer.

Then you can go to the Action Center or the Windows Settings. The night light not working issue has been resolved now and the night light button is available.

Source:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/73518-turn-...

https://www.drivethelife.com/windows-10/night-l...

Wilfredo_Soto, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Having Problems with Night Light Feature

1. Having Problems with Night Light Feature - Similar Threads - Having Problems Night

2. Night Light Photo Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Night Light Photo Problem: Have you seen the screenshots? They're identical screenshots, but the lighting is different. When I click the picture directly, it appears dark, but when I open the photo app and open the picture there, it appears normal. I believe the night light feature is related in this....
  3. Having Issues with the Night Light Feature

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having Issues with the Night Light Feature: Hello everyone, I've been having some trouble with the Night Light feature on my laptop. I would have Night Light turned on one night, and then when I open my laptop the next morning, it's still on. However, my laptop tells me that the feature is off, so I then have to turn...
  4. Night light problem

Night light problem: i have a problem with the Night Light feature on windows 10 its grayed out even in the settings its still grayed out im guessing it cause by my graphics card/display adapter im using. Please help me fix this problem. [ATTACH]...
  5. NIGHT LIGHT FEATURE NOT WORKING

NIGHT LIGHT FEATURE NOT WORKING: i have been this issue from many days that i can,t do with it anymore please help me for fixing this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-feature-not-working/79610ea4-fc55-409a-8589-dc53f789c8ba
  6. Why is the Night light feature malfuctioning?

Why is the Night light feature malfuctioning?: I have two very expensive laptops which are now both experiencing identical issues with the Windows 10 Night light feature. The issue is the same; fails to turn on and off when it is supposed (according to it's setting). The time and date is correct on the laptops, the...
  7. Night light problem

Night light problem: Hello. I have 1903 and night light not work. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-problem/b6a55b53-4a74-421d-9c80-82b83ab301c7
  8. can't turn on night light feature

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't turn on night light feature: at settings night light settings is blue and selects the night light settings. That's all gray doesn't work. Z https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/cant-turn-on-night-light-feature/180844b3-4df8-4761-87c2-6b4e483cbbed
  9. NIght Light Feature

NIght Light Feature: I just want to know whether or not it's possible to schedule the night light feature in Windows to activate and turn on gradually over the course of a set period of time. It'd be somewhat off-putting to have the colour scheme suddenly change....
  10. "Night Light" Feature missing on 1607

in Windows 10 Support
    "Night Light" Feature missing on 1607: This is actually a feature I have only recently come across and it dawned on me that I am actually missing this feature in my installation of Windows 10; the feature in question is "Night Light", basically f.lux, but actually a part of the Windows 10 operating system. My...