Windows 10: having problems with retrim and optimization

Discus and support having problems with retrim and optimization in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi all. I am running 20H2 19042.789 and am still having problems with retrim and optimization. The new 'C' HDD is not being optimised at all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by parsonm, Feb 8, 2021.

1. parsonm Win User

having problems with retrim and optimization

Hi all.

I am running 20H2 19042.789 and am still having problems with retrim and optimization. The new 'C' HDD is not being optimised at all automatically but the date is remembered if a manual request is made. The 'D' backup drive is now not being retrimmed ( according to the event log) but the date change shows that something has happened. Have I a different problem or is the situation still in hand with Microsoft? In the update log, I can't see any evidence of KB4571744 being installed, so is there anything I can do to see what the status is on this PC?

:)

parsonm, Feb 8, 2021

2. Disk optimization scheduling in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search select Defragment and optimize drives

• Click on change settings

• In optimization schedule

• In frequency select the options accordingly.
    Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

`

Divya Murugan, Feb 8, 2021
  3. The system optimization on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the system optimization flashes a system window for a fraction of a second. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make & model of the PC?
    • What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Do you have a SSD installed and is C drive on the SSD?

This is to inform you that Windows doesn’t defrag SSDs, as they have a concept of TRIM. While TRIM (retrim) is a separate concept from fragmentation, it is still handled by the Windows Storage Optimizer subsystem
    and the schedule is managed by the same UI from the User's perspective

However, if you have any performance issue, then we will suggest you to refer this article and troubleshoot:

Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 8, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. having problems with retrim and optimization - Similar Threads - having problems retrim

2. Problem with Drive C optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Drive C optimization: After restart it says the same again. Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-drive-c-optimization/dc3e96fc-639a-4c99-8d33-a8f01f3e8a1a
  3. Problem with Drive C optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Drive C optimization: After restart it says the same again. Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-drive-c-optimization/dc3e96fc-639a-4c99-8d33-a8f01f3e8a1a
  4. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  5. Problems with Service host Delivery optimization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with Service host Delivery optimization: Hello all, I hope you are all doing fine, well as the title states, I have started experiencing a new issue with that specific process It's eating bandwidth like crazy and we dont have that fast internet in here to let it just run, I have windows delivery optimization turned...
  6. c drive optimize problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    c drive optimize problem: why does my laptop not show c drive as an option in optimize drives. it says that there is an error in c drive but doesnt fix after i restart the computer and when i perforn a chkdsk it says that the drive is being used by some other process. why is it?...
  7. SSD set to Retrim every month, but been Retrimming itself every day.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    SSD set to Retrim every month, but been Retrimming itself every day.: submitted by /u/Codeboy3423 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m23ugf/ssd_set_to_retrim_every_month_but_been_retrimming/
  8. MYASUS optimization problem.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MYASUS optimization problem.: Hello community, I have been facing a problem with the MYASUS app in my Asus laptop, saying that some feature is not working correctly, Please restart. Now, I finally found out why this is happening. When I go to the task manager>services, I found out that the ASUS...
  9. My ASUS OPTIMIZATION service problem.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My ASUS OPTIMIZATION service problem.: Hello guys, I have been facing a problem with the MYASUS app in my Asus laptop, saying that some feature is not working correctly, Please restart. Now, I finally found out why this is happening. When I go to the task manager>services, I found out that the ASUS optimization...
  10. HDD Optimization problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    HDD Optimization problem: Hi, On my Windows 10 system I have an SSD, a reserved for system HDD and another HDD (F) where I store most of my games. Basically automatic weekly optimization is scheduled, but I just checked the hard drive (F) and it showed me 12% fragmentation saying "needs optimization"....