Windows 10: Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods.

Discus and support Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Purchased Windows 10 for my HP Envy dv6 Notebook. Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Camview1, Jul 31, 2020.

1. Camview1 Win User

Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods.

Purchased Windows 10 for my HP Envy dv6 Notebook. Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods.

:)

Camview1, Jul 31, 2020
  2. JBravo Win User

Blank screen on startup...

I've got an old Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000-G motherboard lying around. But I only get a blank screen on startup. I get the ram beeps and everything, just no screen??

Any ideas on where to look for the prob?

Any help would be welcome

JBravo, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Blank screen on startup...

need more information on the rig your on about, psu, graphics card, ram , cpu

what beeps are you getting?? that could be telling you what the problem is

mullered07, Aug 1, 2020
  4. wilhelm45 Win User

Having periodic PC startup problems

Was not able to reply sooner because my periodic problem decided not to appear for a while. I tried your suggestion of holding down the power button 4-5 seconds and it worked. Problem is that this method did not cure my original problem, of course, but it did lessen the steps I have to take to get the computer to work properly. I am still hoping someone will have a solution other than wiping it clean then starting over again.

wilhelm45, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Having problems with startup. Blank screen for long periods. - Similar Threads - Having problems startup

2. Black screen and long loading problems on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen and long loading problems on startup: When I turn on my PC, I get a black screen that lasts about 90 seconds right after the Windows Welcome screen, before I see my Desktop. It also takes up to 10 to 30 minutes (no exaggeration) to fully load websites like Reddit, Youtube and Twitch. When loading games, I see...
  3. Blank Blue Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blank Blue Screen on Startup: Whenever I power on my laptop, I get the developer logo Dell for a few seconds and then I’m greeted by a blank blue screen. That lasts for maybe 30 seconds before my laptop shuts itself down. My mouse isn’t visible at all during this process and my keyboard doesn’t seem to do...
  4. Blank screen problem

Blank screen problem: Yesterday, I was using my laptop and it was working perfectly. But suddenly it hanged and I removed it's battery to restart it. As it restarted, it doesn't show me acer logo nor windows logo, just a blank screen. I thought it is over with the laptop, but I heard windows...
  5. Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blank Screen with No Cursor at Startup: Hello Everyone, Both my and dad's computer sometimes get stuck while starting and can't even get to the password screen. Sometimes the keyboard works while this happens e.g num lock/caps lock gives light when you press them but the cursor never appears. The fan works like...
  6. Blank Screen on Startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Blank Screen on Startup: Hello all - I don’t know if this is a hardware issue or windows 10 issue. The whole system is brand new I’ve used it for 3 days. However, every time I reset the PC or start it up fresh it shows the bios, the windows logo and then goes to a black screen. Every. Single. Time....
  7. Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck at welcome screen for unusually long period of time: Hi, I have been having this issue for quite a long time now. It started post a windows update if I am not wrong. So whenever I restart my PC and enter my pin, it gets stuck for around 10 minutes in the welcome screen. I tried solving this issue using dskchk, DISM tool and...
  8. Widows hung for long period

Widows hung for long period: Microsoft, I wanted you to know something is not playing well with Windows, causing it to be unusable forover an hour, with no end-user notifications. After starting my computer, and waiting for it to get to a steady state, very little that I clicked on worked. Clicking on...
  9. Having periodic PC startup problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Having periodic PC startup problems: Because about half the time when I try to start my PC with Windows 10 it just sits there after I enter my password and click on Enter it shows a ring of dots whirling endlessly and will not progress beyond that point even though I click Enter, Esc, F12 or anything else. I...
  10. Blank Screen on startup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blank Screen on startup: I'm new to this forum, and have searched the FAQs, and looked around a bit to find my issue, but nothing has come up. If this has already been addressed, my apologies. I went through the entire, slow, process of upgrading to Win 10 Tech Preview, a couple times they...