Windows 10: Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be...

Discus and support Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've recently gotten a 2nd monitor. My main monitor is 3440x1440 34¨ 100hz w/ GSync, the 2nd monitor is 2560x1440 27¨ 75hz w/ FreeSync. I'd read about... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Astherisk1, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be...

I've recently gotten a 2nd monitor. My main monitor is 3440x1440 34¨ 100hz w/ GSync, the 2nd monitor is 2560x1440 27¨ 75hz w/ FreeSync. I'd read about this problem before I bought the second monitor but had asked people that said they had no issues.

Here's a detailed post about the issue: https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/5cj6u1/144hz60hz_dual_monitor_setup_game_stuttering/

Yesterday I saw a reddit post about this issue being fixed in the Win 10 2004 update posted 7 months ago (I am currently on 1903) and here's my question: Has anyone updated to 2004 and had this issue resolved for them and/or should I update? There's always the possibility it doesn't get fixed for me or that there's any new issues that show up.

More details on my issue in case it helps: It gets a lot worse if I have something like twitch open on the second monitor compared to say, youtube. If I run the main monitor in fullscreen rather than borderless (I do a lot of gaming on this PC, and it's my main PC in general) the issue gets a lot better, but it's still SLIGHTLY there if I have something demanding like twitch open on the second monitor. I've tried to plug the 2nd monitor into iGPU and I've tried disabling GSync + changing monitor scaling. I do run SLI GTX 1080s but shouldn't be the cause here.
    Thanks!

submitted by /u/Astherisk1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Astherisk1, Sep 30, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

The recent Cumulative Update for Windows 10 (KB3213986) cripples multi-monitor gaming, looking at the way Microsoft worded its "known issues" text. After the update is applied, users with multi-monitor setups could experience screen stuttering or clipped screens when running 3D apps on machines with more than one monitor. The only workaround Microsoft suggests for now entails running your 3D apps in non-fullscreen modes, such as windowed-maximized (pseudo-fullscreen) or windowed modes. Microsoft also goes as far as to suggest that people with multi-monitors could try starting their 3D apps with just one monitor connected.

"Users may experience delayed or clipped screens while running 3D rendering apps (such as games) on systems with more than one monitor," the change-log for the KB3213986 update reads. "To work around this issue please consider the following options: 1. Running the application in Windows mode (not full screen), or 2. Starting the application with only one monitor connected," it adds. The update effectively cripples multi-monitor gaming, using technologies such as AMD Eyefinity or NVIDIA 3D Vision Surround.

Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be... 5781d75ceca3_thm.jpg

Source: Microsoft

btarunr, Sep 30, 2020
  3. SSheen21 Win User
    Win 10 - Dual monitor and Mouse/System? stutter

Hi,

I have install Win 10 on a new 2700x build with a XFX RX570 video card. I have an issue I am attempting to deal with.

1) The mouse stutters when I extend the desktop to my second monitor. Stutter = moving the mouse, it will freeze for a short time and then move. It does this constantly. Now I think this is system wide, but the mouse is just want caught my attention/focus.
    I see the same behaviour when typing - letter display in notepad stutters, and behaviour in playing video - play back stutters.

If do not extend the desktop to the second monitor the issue goes away. I have tried the latest drivers for the graphics card, mouse, adjusted settings for the mouse (before I saw the behaviour in the keyboard and video), USB power management, windows update
    and more I am forgetting.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

SSheen21, Sep 30, 2020
  4. JaredJam Win User

Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be...

Please fix multi-monitor stutter in Windows 10

Presently, in Windows 10 if you're running a multi-monitor setup and the monitors are not running at a multiple of or equal refresh rate the Desktop Windows Manager running behind the Explorer process causes stutter either in web video/apps (YouTube, Twitch,
    Sling TV) and in games running Windowed Borderless or Windowed.

You can set a game to run Fullscreen but the stutter will still occur on the secondary monitor.

The fix: Turn my 165hz main monitor down to 120hz so it's running at a multiple of the secondary 60hz monitor.

The real fix: Revert to Windows 7 and disable Aero so you can run your hardware as it is intended to run.

The developers of Windows 10 need to do a better job of multi-monitor management. I didn't even touch the scaling incompatibilities with DPI changes if you're not running a program built on UWP - which maybe by the EoL of 2020 for Windows 7 MIGHT become
    standard.

JaredJam, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be...

1. Having problems with the multi monitor stuttering issue, would an update to Win 10 2004 be... - Similar Threads - Having problems multi

2. Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem: so i try to right click to set a certain image to a certain monitor but on shows monitor 2 . if i change a setting in windows for display then it will show option for monitor one and monitor 2...
  3. Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi Monitor Wallpaper Problem: so i try to right click to set a certain image to a certain monitor but on shows monitor 2 . if i change a setting in windows for display then it will show option for monitor one and monitor 2...
  4. Multi Keyboard Problem in WIN 10

Multi Keyboard Problem in WIN 10: [ATTACH] I just want keep one Keyboard option only how to solve this problem ? I just installed one language pack only https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multi-keyboard-problem-in-win-10/6e1208f6-a576-4295-8edf-946a8136125e
  5. Updated to version 2004, still having loads of stuttering problems in games with multi monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updated to version 2004, still having loads of stuttering problems in games with multi monitor: Decided to finally give the update to 2004 a go in hopes of fixing this issue that popped up once I got a second monitor which is games not being at all smooth and having mini stutters constantly. My main monitor is 3440x1440 100hz GSync 34¨ and the 2nd monitor is 2560x1440...
  6. Stutter Issues And Slow Shutdown On Update 2004

Stutter Issues And Slow Shutdown On Update 2004: Ever since my PC updated to 2004 (1-2 months ago) it's been stuttering on the first boot of the day and when I try to shut it down it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to shutdown, and it actually reboots instead, if I try to reboot it will take the same 3 to 5 minutes but instead...
  7. Win 10 2004 Fall update problems

Win 10 2004 Fall update problems: Hello. A week or so ago I tried to install this update but I got this error : 0x8024000b I tried again, but this time with this error : 0xc1900101 When I wanted to try again, the update was gone! Is there a way to get it back? Is it even safe to try? Tonight I thought I'd...
  8. Windows 10 2004 dual monitor stutter

Windows 10 2004 dual monitor stutter: I have the latest update 2004 and watching twitch or other things on my dual monitor setup 27"-1440p 144hz b( true g-sync ) 24" 108pp 60 Hz ( just vsync ) I get frame drops and stutter bad wile having it open on my 1080p monitor . Switching from twitch windows app to chrome...
  9. Multi monitor wallpaper problem...

Multi monitor wallpaper problem...: How do I stop my wallpapers from moving about when I turn off one of my three monitors? This is very annoying. I have 3 monitors... two for working (on my desk - DVI and VGA) and one for teaching (HDMI about 10 yards away). Each has it's own wallpaper. When I'm...
  10. Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Multi-monitor/Taskbar issue: So I have an odd issue. I have 3 monitors in my setup. My main is a 27" Dell G-Sync monitor at 2560x1440. It is flanked by a 24" 1080p monitor on each side of it. I have the 27" set as my main monitor but have dragged my main taskbar to the monitor on my left side. My issue...