Windows 10: Having random blue screens and not sure how to diagnose.....

Discus and support Having random blue screens and not sure how to diagnose..... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am having random blue acreens. They have become more frquent an the last two days. I formatted my drive and reinstalled Windows 2 weeks aga to seeif... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kittenofd00m, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Having random blue screens and not sure how to diagnose.....

I am having random blue acreens. They have become more frquent an the last two days. I formatted my drive and reinstalled Windows 2 weeks aga to seeif that would fix the problem, but they are back and becoming more frequent.

Any ideas?

:)

kittenofd00m, Sep 2, 2020

2. Trying to diagnose random blue screens

This is a Windows 10 Professional desktop, built seven years ago. It is starting to fail, with almost daily blue screens, and I'm trying to guess what part is failing. The candiates are naturally the motherboard, a RAM stick, or a video card.

The errors are almost always different, and there is almost never a culprit announced. Here are some examples:

• MEMORY_MMANAGEMENT
    • IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    • SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    • KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (mcdbus.sys)
    • SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Eventually I will have to start removing all parts one by one, but I was wondering if these errors might suggest which part to check first.

Martin Argerami, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Trying to diagnose random blue screens

Random blue screen errors in my experience are caused by the following, roughly in this order of likelihood:

1. Faulty memory (or a poorly-seated module). If you have multiple modules, pull one by one. You can also do RAM tests, but I find pulling modules faster unless the errors don't occur reliably enough to quickly know if things have improved.
    2. Failing motherboard (particularly, bad capacitors). Bad caps are easy to spot as they bulge at the top, have obvious leaks, etc. If this isn't visible, running another OS on the machine can quickly eliminate/confirm this cause. If the MB is bad, another OS should crash too.
    3. Buggy software (drivers, malware). Again, running another OS, booting to Safe Mode, anything that can get possibly faulty code out of the equation can help determine if this is the problem.

Twisty Impersonator, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Roan T Win User

Having random blue screens and not sure how to diagnose.....

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

Having random blue screens and not sure how to diagnose.....

1. Having random blue screens and not sure how to diagnose..... - Similar Threads - Having random blue

2. How to diagnose blue screen issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to diagnose blue screen issue: Hello,I am reaching out for support regarding a blue screen issue with my Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. Today, I encountered a BSOD, following which my computer automatically restarted. To assist with the diagnosis, I have uploaded both the memory.dmp file and the...
  3. How to diagnose blue screen issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose blue screen issue: Hello,I am reaching out for support regarding a blue screen issue with my Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 10. Today, I encountered a BSOD, following which my computer automatically restarted. To assist with the diagnosis, I have uploaded both the memory.dmp file and the...
  4. How to diagnose blue screen issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix Windows diagnosing issue, stuck on blue screen??

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to fix Windows diagnosing issue, stuck on blue screen??: Please follow these steps and try, worked for meStartup repair - Advanced options - Troubleshoot - Advanced options - Command prompt COMMANDS TO BE USEDC: EnterCd \windows\system32\config EnterMD backup EnterCopy *.* backup EnterType A EnterCd regback EnterDir EnterCopy *.*...
  6. How to fix Windows diagnosing issue, stuck on blue screen??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Windows diagnosing issue, stuck on blue screen??: Please follow these steps and try, worked for meStartup repair - Advanced options - Troubleshoot - Advanced options - Command prompt COMMANDS TO BE USEDC: EnterCd \windows\system32\config EnterMD backup EnterCopy *.* backup EnterType A EnterCd regback EnterDir EnterCopy *.*...
  7. How to fix Windows diagnosing issue, stuck on blue screen??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Blue Screen. Not sure how to fix - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen. Not sure how to fix - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: Hello,I recently installed a new game and a the live wallpaper engine from Steam. Since then I seem to be having crashes and one blue screen. The blue screen message was: "STOP CODE: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. What failed: wfplwfs.sys"Below are the details from event...
  9. I have constant random blue screens.

in Windows 10 Support
    I have constant random blue screens.: Well about once or twice a day I randomly blue screen, and it's many different blue screens. I've got KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE, ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION to name a couple. If anyone could help me out that would be...
  10. Blue screen diagnoses help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen diagnoses help: Getting this type of error . Blue screen says "service exception error" and the event viewer show this: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 9/27/2020 12:59:35 PM Event ID: 1001 Task Category: None Level:...