Windows 10: Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

Discus and support Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having BSOD crashes seemingly at random times, mostly when I'm not even at the PC and it's just sitting idle Here's a link for the zipped dump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Robert Maddox, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

I'm having BSOD crashes seemingly at random times, mostly when I'm not even at the PC and it's just sitting idle Here's a link for the zipped dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvnAKJyn8FTeL7X-DfEPznLa2ZU02Frg/view?usp=share_link

:)

Robert Maddox, Feb 7, 2023

2. Blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT,The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

Original titleHaving random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle :pDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT on idle PC

Hi,

we are using dell Venue 11 tablets for a business venture. However we have an intermittent issue, once every (few) days, they blue screen with PDC_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT. The devices will be sitting idle, with the screen on and suddenly crash (BSOD).

I have attached the windows dump file covering an event. Any light you can shed would be fantastic.

the dump file is available at http://www.woolfitservices.com/dumps/073116-9781-01.dmp

Thanks in advance!

IanWoolfenden, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Random Crashes Upon PC Idle, BugCheck Code "1e" Random BSOD Because Of "Amdppm.sys"/"amdppm!ReadGenAddr+29?"

No, never. It's always been an at home PC since I've gotten it. I took it for repairs once before, but this was about 6 months ago. It got new fans.

I've cleared the event viewer all together. Please keep in touch, as this may take a while to diagnose. The crashes are at random idle. This can range from sitting for 20 minutes to approximately 4 hours. There's no definite timespan.

Thank you so very much, for all your time, and help. I look forward to getting back to you with the updated information on my issue after these steps, and please keep me updated on the SCEP issue, as I would like to fix this as well.

ViktoriyaKuznetsova, Feb 7, 2023
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

1. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle - Similar Threads - Having random BSOD

2. Random BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when idle: I do not know what's happening, I've reinstalled OS, Display drivers, reseating every component.My key issue is random BSOD literally different code error; sometimes no code, a month before, it keeps crashing on itself. i reinstalled windows 10 my original OS ; it was...
  3. Random BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD when idle: I do not know what's happening, I've reinstalled OS, Display drivers, reseating every component.My key issue is random BSOD literally different code error; sometimes no code, a month before, it keeps crashing on itself. i reinstalled windows 10 my original OS ; it was...
  4. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle: I'm having BSOD crashes seemingly at random times, mostly when I'm not even at the PC and it's just sitting idle Here's a link for the zipped dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvnAKJyn8FTeL7X-DfEPznLa2ZU02Frg/view?usp=share_link...
  5. Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle

Having random BSOD crashes when PC sits idle: I'm having BSOD crashes seemingly at random times, mostly when I'm not even at the PC and it's just sitting idle Here's a link for the zipped dump files https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lvnAKJyn8FTeL7X-DfEPznLa2ZU02Frg/view?usp=share_link...
  6. Computer crashes randomly or when idle

Computer crashes randomly or when idle: As the title says, my computer has been crashing lately, either a black screen or the image on my monitor freezes, I'm then forced to power off the computer by holding the power button for a bit as it is completely unresponsive. It usually happens when I leave my computer...
  7. my laptop crashes while sitting idle .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop crashes while sitting idle .: I have reloaded windows and currently have almost nothing on the computer yet it crashes constantly. I typically get a small blue notice no boot device. I did load whocrashed and have a crash dump analysis. Windows version: Windows 10, 10.0, version 1903, build:...
  8. BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle

BSOD when playing games or pc just sitting idle: So its been two weeks since I built my pc, everything was working fine until last week when I got my first PC BSOD. Then it kept happening everyday so I decided to wipe clean my hard drives. I did that but still was getting BSOD, this time multiple times a day. I then updated...
  9. Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle

Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle: Hey guys, New poster here and im hoping I can get some help. I've tried researching and fixing this on my own but the problem keeps happening. My computer will (seemingly randomly) crash after sitting idle for several minutes. It goes to a blue screen and will produce a...
  10. BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+

BSOD error when computer sits idle for 10min+: Im running windows 10 and I've been getting these blue screen errors .. It usually happens when my computer is left idle for over 10-20 mins.. It displays a blue screen and then restarts. At first i had no clue . Later i checked the minidump folder and i found those BSOD log...