Windows 10: Having recently updated to windows 10 version 1909 i encountered this issue upon powering...

Discus and support Having recently updated to windows 10 version 1909 i encountered this issue upon powering... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ohnoa00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hj2ui6/having_recently_updated_to_windows_10_version/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ohnoa00, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Having recently updated to windows 10 version 1909 i encountered this issue upon powering...

/u/ohnoa00, Jul 1, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 1, 2020
  3. New install Windows 10 (issue solved)

It's good that you're not experiencing any issues. Unfortunately many folks are, a quick Google search will show the same info im offering the OP.

Heres a couple examples:

Here

Here

It's basically what I mentioned above, small issues here and there ,but nothing to end your day.. for the most part.

I know it's anecdotal, but for my experience 95% of the time it's perfectly fine. The issues I've run into wouldn't be enough for me to roll back , but they would be enough (had I not installed it yet) ,to avoid it for another couple weeks which is why I'm suggesting it to the OP

Windows 10 Fall Creators Update problems and complaints
    • Installation problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Microsoft Edge problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Drivers problems with the Fall Creators Update
    • Experience problems with the Fall Creators Update
    keep in mind, as of recently, the FCU is installed on 5% of devices roughly.....

jboydgolfer, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Having recently updated to windows 10 version 1909 i encountered this issue upon powering...

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Having recently updated to windows 10 version 1909 i encountered this issue upon powering...

1. Having recently updated to windows 10 version 1909 i encountered this issue upon powering... - Similar Threads - Having recently updated

2. I currently have Windows 10, version 1909.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I currently have Windows 10, version 1909.: No matter what I try, it will not update to the latest Windows 10, version 21H2. When I go into 'Setting' it tells me 'Feature update Windows 10, version 2004. That version was from May, 2020 and it never updated to that version. In the picture there's an exclamation point...
  3. I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2: How do I rid of that on the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-update-version-from-1909-to-20h2/390ebbc6-b7d1-40e2-aafa-81b4d4c97b23
  4. I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2: How do I rid of that on the start menu? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-update-version-from-1909-to-20h2/390ebbc6-b7d1-40e2-aafa-81b4d4c97b23
  5. I recently update version from 1909 to 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. I recently installed windows 10 pro and I encountered a few issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    I recently installed windows 10 pro and I encountered a few issues: I installed windows 10 pro as I just got a new ssd and decided not to use my old hdd anymore. the colors are way more grey than they should be. I tried all the different settings I could but nothing seems to help. If I use my old hdd then everything looks as it should, on the...
  7. Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with recently updated version of Windows 10: Hi! I am having issues after updating my Windows 10 version 20H2. Timeframe: I installed the version yesterday. I have 2 issues: 1 It deleted every single file in my computer. While that might have been expected for some, it was not for me. Luckily I had backups...
  8. Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recent Windows 10 update version 1909 causing graphic issues: Since I ran Windows update to version 1909 a day ago, I have been unable to play certain games that I was able to play before. Simply turning on these games maxes out my systems GPU, and creates a very "choppy" FPS. How can you fix this?...
  9. Feature Update Windows 10, version 1909 - ERROR ENCOUNTERED

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Feature Update Windows 10, version 1909 - ERROR ENCOUNTERED: Hi all, I have been trying to update my Windows 10 OS (especially now due to that recent exploit in their code) but I've been encountering an error. The message is as follows: "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this...
  10. Issue with Recent Update for Windows 10 Version 1709

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issue with Recent Update for Windows 10 Version 1709: I installed the most recent update for windows 10: https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/4457142 When the update was installed, I was having issues with the Xbox app. I kept receiving an error when trying to connect to a party. This has something to do with "server...