Windows 10: Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.

Discus and support Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family. in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I just purchased a new laptop and set it up using my hotmail address. However when I went to finish the setup and start using my new PC, the time... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by AlexValdivia, Feb 11, 2020.

1. Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.

I just purchased a new laptop and set it up using my hotmail address. However when I went to finish the setup and start using my new PC, the time restriction pops up stating that I need to wait until tomorrow at 5:00pm. So a few minutes later I left my Microsoft family and waited another hour, still got the same message. Now that I am removed from the family and the only user - also administrator - on my laptop, there is no option for the screen time to be accessible. I do not have access to the PC at all.

:)

AlexValdivia, Feb 11, 2020
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Does leaving a Microsoft family get rid of time restrictions and content restrictions?

Hi Alexander, when you leave a Microsoft Family all restrictions should then be lifted - that is the official line . . .

Though the whole Microsoft Family feature is glitchy at the best of times

DaveM121, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Feb 11, 2020
  4. elanoides Win User

Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.

Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction Hack

there is a way to hack through the Microsoft Family Safety Time Restriction. if you do the key combination, ctrl+alt+del click on task manager then click on users then select the user that the time restrictions it will bring up a list and you can click
    on Time Restrictions which will be near the top then click on End Task it will let you have unlimited time even if you have set up time restrictions.

elanoides, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family.

1. Having Screen Time Restrictions After Leaving Family. - Similar Threads - Having Screen Restrictions

2. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  3. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am 19, soon 20. I have family restrictions on for an unknown reason, and it prevents me doing basic things for university and such, or using a browser that isn't Microsoft Edge. I cannot contact the "owner" of the family, as it is an old childhood friend's unused email, and...
  4. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  6. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.: Web restrictions were set up for my Microsoft account, which are very ineffective by the way, as they restrict completely random sites, but even after i left the family, switched to a local account, ended ALL Microsoft family safety processes, it still locks me out of certain...
  7. Microsoft Family Safety web restrictions persist after I leave family.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Time Restrictions Family group

Time Restrictions Family group: I left the family group on my Microsoft account for I am no longer a child and removed myself from my old group my mom put me in when I was younger. Now it did remove the time restrictions but not for very long because as soon as I turned off my pc and turned it back on to...
  9. Family restrictions still apply after leaving.

Family restrictions still apply after leaving.: I am an adult who recently left my Microsoft family after getting my own computer for college work. However despite leaving the family my account is still being effected by Microsoft family limitations that prevent me from using other browsers or browsing freely, including...
  10. RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY

RESTRICTIONS AFTER LEAVEING THE FAMILY: Im over 18 so don't ask me if its my birth date and I already left the family months ago still have the restrictions and my birthdate is updated 2000 so yes it says im old enough why am I still getting restrictions...