Windows 10: Having serious issues with finding hard drive in diskpart using windows 10 x64 x86...

Discus and support Having serious issues with finding hard drive in diskpart using windows 10 x64 x86... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have been working on a friend's laptop for a few days that experienced an error while updating that gave her a BSOD. I tried every troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Krispy Kraemer, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Having serious issues with finding hard drive in diskpart using windows 10 x64 x86...

So I have been working on a friend's laptop for a few days that experienced an error while updating that gave her a BSOD. I tried every troubleshooting feature possible in the advanced options, and the computer was not recognizing anything... no recovery image, and no updates to uninstall. On the first day, I had made the decision to completely format the drive using diskpart on CMD after my friend told me there wasn't anything worth saving on it.

Looking back, I believe formatting was the mistake I made, because since then, I cannot find the drive in diskpart whatsoever. I can see the drive when I try to install windows and select load driver which gives me nothing, no drivers at all, even with x64 x86 in the program files labeled X: Boot. I figured it must be something with the drive handshake, so I went into diskpart using my windows media tool with Windows 10 x64 x86, and it was only recognizing the usb stick. I tried selecting volumes and partitions and still nothing. All previous troubleshooting forums seemed to fix their problems at this point, but the drive is still completely unrecognized. When I go into the BIOS, I can see the HDD under UEFI.

Last night, I tried starting with advanced boot options and selected disable Driver Signature Enforcement, because earlier that night, I was able to find the drive using this answer from a different question on this forum.

Open up the Command console in Windows 10 using the Installation disc.

1. type in cd c:\ and press Enter

2. then type in fixboot c:\ and press Enter

3. then type in sfc /scannow and press Enter

4. then type in chkdsk /f and press Enter

cd
      will change the active directory to the c:\ drive
      fixboot will automatically fix any startup problems.
      sfc /scannow will look for any corrupted or missing system files and replace them.
      chkdsk will scan for disk errors and repair them.

If the above doesn't work. do the following..
    For System Recovery use C:\Windows\System32>rstrui.exe
    or Directly fire this Command rstrui.exe i.e. c:\rstrui.exe

Disclaimer: When you use System Restore to restore the computer to a previous state, programs and updates that you installed after that date are removed.

Link to thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-10-crash-x-drive/22dcbfe0-b865-4c59-8dd6-1b63921558dd

When I used this, CMD gave me this

Having serious issues with finding hard drive in diskpart using windows 10 x64 x86... [​IMG]

There must be a way to get past this write protection without removing the hard drive and plugging it into my laptop using disk management and make a healthy partition. Is there a path I can take in CMD to isolate the drive and make a healthy partition and/or get through whatever remnants there are of bitlocker? I have the product key, but no place to put it, not since I formatted the drive.

The laptop in question is an HP Pavilion x360m Convertible Model: 14m-dw1023dx Product ID: 1F4W5UA#ABA

:)

Krispy Kraemer, Apr 21, 2021
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 21, 2021
  3. little cat, Apr 21, 2021
  4. Having serious issues with finding hard drive in diskpart using windows 10 x64 x86...

Windows 10 won't recognize Toshiba 3.0 usb external hard drive. Help please.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; have you tried formation the USB hard drive by
    right clicking on the hard drive and select Format?

If you are unable to format the USB through above mentioned steps, then I suggest you to try formation the hard drive using diskpart command and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press Windows key + r, type cmd and hit
    Enter

2) Type diskpart, hit Enter.

3) Type List volume. (List of available drives will get listed).

4) Select Volume (#), #- number of the volume, which assigned to hard drive.

5) Type Format recommended. (It will start formatting your hard drive)

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

Having serious issues with finding hard drive in diskpart using windows 10 x64 x86...

1. Having serious issues with finding hard drive in diskpart using windows 10 x64 x86... - Similar Threads - Having serious issues

2. Issue with apps store and x86 and x64 icons!

in Cortana
    Issue with apps store and x86 and x64 icons!: Hi guys I have problem with store apps icons which is the icons are shown in start menu but when I search'em in searching and indexing part the icons are not shown properly I mean they are like this: [ATTACH] And this looks good in start menu: [ATTACH] I have the same...
  3. Upgrade x86 to x64 Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrade x86 to x64 Windows 10: Hey folks, I'm about to upgrade an x86 win 10 to x64, do I need to know my license key? I have read online that I shouldn't need to as its already licensed, but I've also read people who've had to input it again. I've had no luck locating the installation DVD, must have...
  4. Create Windows 10 x86 iso from Windows 10 x64/x86 iso

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create Windows 10 x86 iso from Windows 10 x64/x86 iso: Hello, I'm a computer repairer, I am trying to convince more people to upgrade to Windows 10. So I'm trying to make a bootable Windows 10 iso for x86 based systems, I have an iso file I downloaded from microsoft that contains both x86 and x64 the iso file size is 6.75 GB...
  5. Not able to change x86 windows to x64

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to change x86 windows to x64: Hey guys im using a 32 bit os on 64 bit processor but my pc wont allow me to change it . Pls help me.Im stuck with a staggering amount of hardware reserved ram as well.[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. HP JetDirect 175x issues in Windows 10 x86 & x64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP JetDirect 175x issues in Windows 10 x86 & x64: Hi, I have a LaserJet 1022 and an Officejet 5610, which both work fine while directly connected to my Windows 10 PCs via USB. Due to the Coronavirus lockdown in the UK, both my wife and I need to work from home and have the ability to print & scan. I have connected the...
  7. Windows 10 serious issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 serious issues: Hey guys, bit of a lengthy one here but we'd appreciate your help So, the past couple of days we've been having real issues with our Compaq CQ2000 PC with Windows 10 installed on it (upgraded from windows 8 about 2 years ago). First issue I noticed was a massive graphical...
  8. Serious cleaning of hard drive with Windows 10 (64 bit)?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Serious cleaning of hard drive with Windows 10 (64 bit)?: Hi all, I have tried free and paid software to actually clean up my hard drive but then I go looking around in file explorer and see tons of entries such as windows temp directories chock full of files that add up pretty quickly. I presume most of the clean up software...
  9. I have problem with upgrading Windows 10 x64 from Windows 10 x86

I have problem with upgrading Windows 10 x64 from Windows 10 x86: Hello. I also wrote a thread, where I asked do my CPU can handle x64, and everything said yes. So I tried to looking for installers, I downloaded one, and with rufus I extracket it on my pendrive, but when I tried to boot from USB in the Windows 10 bios menu or something, it...
  10. X86 to X64 architecture

X86 to X64 architecture: A friend's computer was updated from Windows 7 Ultimate X86 to Windows 10 X86. I noticed that his system is X64 based architecture. Can he do a clean install/reinstall from X86 to X64 without losing his activation? If so, how? Thank you in advance. 54151