Windows 10: Having several windows with Edge on each at the same time

Discus and support Having several windows with Edge on each at the same time in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; With Windows 7, while having the browser Explorer open, it was possible to open a new window with the explorer on it also. I did that by right clicking... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by aca, Sep 22, 2015.

1. ACA
    aca Win User

Having several windows with Edge on each at the same time

With Windows 7, while having the browser Explorer open, it was possible to open a new window with the explorer on it also. I did that by right clicking on the icon of Explorer in the task bar and then clicking on its icon on the drop-down menu). So I had several "Explorers" (with different Urls on each), at the same time on the same screen.

That seems not possible with Windows 10: I click on the icon of Edge in the task bar and then on its icon on the drop-down menu, and all it does is bring to the front the window already opened with Edge on it; not a new window.

Any way around that limitation? Thank you for any help.

:)

2. Ethernet Stops At Same Time Each Day

Hi

This issue may occur due to corrupt network drivers or settings.

I would suggest you to run network adapter troubleshooter
    and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

Method 1:

a. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar.

b. Click troubleshooting in the search results.

c. Click "View all" and then click "Network Adapter".

d. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Remove and re-create the wireless network connection

To remove and re-create the wireless network connection, follow these steps:

1.Click Start, type
    ncpa.cpl
    , and then hit Enter.

2.Right-click your wireless network connection, and then click
    Properties.

3.Click the Wireless Networks tab.

4.Under Preferred networks, click your wireless network, and then click
    Remove.

5.Click View Wireless Networks.

6.Under Network Tasks, click Refresh Network List.

7.Under Choose a wireless network, click the wireless network to which you want to connect, and then click
    Connect.

Also follow the troubleshooting steps from this article and check if it helps.

Note: This article also applies to Windows 10

Wired and Wireless Network Problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...1&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Why can’t I get online?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows-10/getstarted-why-cant-i-get-connected

If you need further assistance we will be glad to help.

Anup Karkal, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Ethernet Stops At Same Time Each Day

For the past couple of weeks my computer which is incapable of wireless connections so I have to use Ethernet cable seems to disconnect from the internet at 6:00 a.m and reconnects at 8:00 p.m. the whole day it has the yellow triangle symbol on it and
    sometimes says the connections is good but when I try to connect to anything, it goes back to no connection. I have tried many possible answers but nothing seems to be working, I troubleshoot it almost everyday and there is no fix but the only times I can
    use it is from 6 to 8 in which I am mostly sleeping. Can someone please help me fix this, all I have seen are mostly wifi problems like this

JosephCwiklinski, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Having several windows with Edge on each at the same time

1. Having several windows with Edge on each at the same time - Similar Threads - Having several Edge

2. Why does Windows Explorer ends task several times each day.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Windows Explorer ends task several times each day.: Several times each day my taskbar at the bottom of each page stops coming up when I scroll down to the bottom. At this time It still functions properly on just the desktop. So I have to go to Task Manager, scroll down to find Windows Explorer and then click on the "restart...
  3. Why does Windows Explorer ends task several times each day.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Windows Explorer ends task several times each day.: Several times each day my taskbar at the bottom of each page stops coming up when I scroll down to the bottom. At this time It still functions properly on just the desktop. So I have to go to Task Manager, scroll down to find Windows Explorer and then click on the "restart...
  4. I have the same problem but on windows 10 time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have the same problem but on windows 10 time: I have the same problem but on windows 10 this time code 39 bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-the-same-problem-but-on-windows-10-time/f612dde8-6049-4dab-b640-6497f1c1a484
  5. Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy files across network concurrently (several at the same time): Hi folks File explorer can copy files acrosss a network but it seems to do only 1 at a time Filezilla via sftp copes with copying several concurrently. Similar ftp type of programsalso can do this. [img] anyway of replicating that with file explorer in settings /...
  6. The same browser several times?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The same browser several times?: Hey question may sound stupid at first but it would be of use for me | question: how do I get Firefox on my pc several times, i.e. the browsers are completely separated from each other although it is the same as if I had 2 PCs :) very simple I fail but it is possible to do...
  7. Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Several files popped up in D: drive at the same time.: Recently I noticed that there were some new files/folders that popped up in my D: drive, which i only used for games and other big files. The new folders were “system” “system64” and “mono”. The new file was “mono.msi”. All of these were created at the exact same time on...
  8. Reinstalled several times still running into same error

in Windows 10 Support
    Reinstalled several times still running into same error: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. I've tried other hardware to make sure I didn't have anything faulty (reverting back to previous mobo and cpu) and tried different copies (from a different PC) of the OS files from the media creation tool itself to the iso. Reseating components multiple...
  9. File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays several times the same folders in side panel: Hello, When I open the file explorer of Windows 10, the side panel is like this: [img] Any ideas on why it occurs and how to solve it? 102492
  10. Windows 10 PC waking from sleep at same time each day

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 PC waking from sleep at same time each day: Recently I have been finding my PC powered up when it should be sleeping. Using powercfg -lastwake does not show a cause but looking at system events I can that there are a series of events each day starting at 08:59:31. One of these is a Power - Troubleshooter event which...