Windows 10: Having some issues with my browsers

Discus and support Having some issues with my browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My default browser is Chrome yet a few shortcuts open in Firefox does anyone know of a way I can make every url link open in the default browser no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Having some issues with my browsers

My default browser is Chrome yet a few shortcuts open in Firefox does anyone know of a way I can make every url link open in the default browser no matter which browser I set as default?

Thanks

:)

Eaglepi, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 9, 2017
  3. patelini Win User
    I'm having some issues with my SMS

I am having some issues with sending Text messages. every time I try to send a message it says SMS error and goes to another screen that says the following error has accrued while sending this message, but it doesn't tell me the error what can I do to
    fix it. It was working fine a few days ago but now it won't work. I have a htc 5800 got it from Qwest, but had it programed to a different carrier.

patelini, Apr 9, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

What is different in the links Firefox opens chrome may be default for HTM but HTML may be set for FF there are a few things that can be set

Samuria, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Eaglepi Win User
    Thanks I will check that right away and post back if it works. I checked and both htm and html are opened by Chrome in the default programs section. It must be something else. I've even delete the links that opened with Firefox, then opened the page in Chrome and saved that link as a Chrome shortcut. That link stilled opened in Firefox.

Something very strange going on here...

Eaglepi, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    What is the link to is HTM,html, js, php , other

Samuria, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Eaglepi Win User
    I've checked all formats and they are set to open with the default,but they do not on some links

Eaglepi, Apr 9, 2017
  8. RolandJS Win User

I don't know how it's done, however, some sites, some web site pages, are "hard-wired" to call up and work within a specific browser.

RolandJS, Apr 9, 2017
  9. Eaglepi Win User
    Yeah that seems to be the issue I am having and it sucks. I am going to uninstall Firefox and see if those links do open with Chrome or at least ask me what to open it with.

Eaglepi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having some issues with my browsers - Similar Threads - Having issues browsers

2. Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having Some Issues, I've Tried Everything: Last month, I was having driver issues. I uninstalled and reinstalled the correct audio driver and everything was fine. But the next day, I got on and my mic wasn't being picked up nor any audio for that matter if I recall. So I uninstalled the audio driver once again and...
  3. I have some issues with my connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have some issues with my connection: I have some issues with my connection. My internet connection has been failing on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-some-issues-with-my-connection/46ba0fdf-c840-416b-b875-4b2555d61c31
  4. I have some issues in my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have some issues in my Windows 10: Hi Community... I have an Asus Rog Zephyrus GX 701 and a Windows 10 profesional edition os. The issue is that about i dont know if it was a half year or so that my Windows 10 are doing some weird things... First of all that i notice was that some of my icons was like a...
  5. Some Of My Desktop Icons Have Disappeared?

Some Of My Desktop Icons Have Disappeared?: Hello everyone, I've been clearing my desktop because it got to a point where it was filled with shortcuts I didn't need and so on. When It came around to deleting the shortcuts I moved all of the shortcuts I didn't want to delete into a folder so I could just delete the...
  6. Browser Issue

Browser Issue: I did a system restore and now when I click on a link either sent in an email, or on the internet, nothing happens. I am unable to open the link. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/browser-issue/cce2d764-3c4e-4c64-9be9-6e015590b2ef
  7. All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates.: I have loads of Dell E6430s. 5 were in use and were working fine. The remaining were just in storage. Today I needed few of those storage laptops, I turned them on and all of them are giving an issue with Windows Updates and AutoDesk updates. Screenshot attached. AutoDesk...
  8. All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates.

in Windows 10 Support
    All my laptops (Dell E6430s) have some weird issue with updates.: I have loads of Dell E6430s. 5 were in use and were working fine. The remaining were just in storage. Today I needed few of those storage laptops, I turned them on and all of them are giving an issue with Windows Updates and AutoDesk updates. Screenshot attached. AutoDesk...
  9. BitLocker functionality (currently having some issues)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker functionality (currently having some issues): I recently decided to encrypt all my data, on every machine, which covers two desktop PC's and a laptop, all running Windows 10 Pro x64. I've now started the work with BitLocker by encrypting a few external drives plus a few secondary store drives on my main machine, which...
  10. Having transparency issues with my browsers(Edge,Mozilla etc)

in Browsers and Email
    Having transparency issues with my browsers(Edge,Mozilla etc): Hello , I noticed some transparency issues with my laptop and it's really annoying.Whenever I open a browser and surf a little bit and then close it , what was on the screen on my browser remains somewhat transparent basically in every game and Windows screen.Is it some weird...