Windows 10: Having some issues with my browsers

Discus and support Having some issues with my browsers in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; My default browser is Chrome yet a few shortcuts open in Firefox does anyone know of a way I can make every url link open in the default browser no... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Eaglepi, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Eaglepi Win User

Having some issues with my browsers

My default browser is Chrome yet a few shortcuts open in Firefox does anyone know of a way I can make every url link open in the default browser no matter which browser I set as default?

Thanks

:)

Eaglepi, Apr 9, 2017
  2. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 9, 2017
  3. patelini Win User
    I'm having some issues with my SMS

I am having some issues with sending Text messages. every time I try to send a message it says SMS error and goes to another screen that says the following error has accrued while sending this message, but it doesn't tell me the error what can I do to
    fix it. It was working fine a few days ago but now it won't work. I have a htc 5800 got it from Qwest, but had it programed to a different carrier.

patelini, Apr 9, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

What is different in the links Firefox opens chrome may be default for HTM but HTML may be set for FF there are a few things that can be set

Samuria, Apr 9, 2017
  5. Eaglepi Win User
    Thanks I will check that right away and post back if it works. I checked and both htm and html are opened by Chrome in the default programs section. It must be something else. I've even delete the links that opened with Firefox, then opened the page in Chrome and saved that link as a Chrome shortcut. That link stilled opened in Firefox.

Something very strange going on here...

Eaglepi, Apr 9, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    What is the link to is HTM,html, js, php , other

Samuria, Apr 9, 2017
  7. Eaglepi Win User
    I've checked all formats and they are set to open with the default,but they do not on some links

Eaglepi, Apr 9, 2017
  8. RolandJS Win User

I don't know how it's done, however, some sites, some web site pages, are "hard-wired" to call up and work within a specific browser.

RolandJS, Apr 9, 2017
  9. Eaglepi Win User
    Yeah that seems to be the issue I am having and it sucks. I am going to uninstall Firefox and see if those links do open with Chrome or at least ask me what to open it with.

Eaglepi, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Having some issues with my browsers - Similar Threads - Having issues browsers

2. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  3. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  4. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why are my app and browser windows having size issues?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are my app and browser windows having size issues?: Greetings, I am having strange behavior with certain app and browser win dows. It seems there's something off with size. Sometimes I can't even scroll to some areas in browser windows and in apps I can't get to certain tabs or buttons no matter how far it allows me to scroll....
  6. Why are my app and browser windows having size issues?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are my app and browser windows having size issues?: Greetings, I am having strange behavior with certain app and browser win dows. It seems there's something off with size. Sometimes I can't even scroll to some areas in browser windows and in apps I can't get to certain tabs or buttons no matter how far it allows me to scroll....
  7. Issues with my browsers.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with my browsers.: I'm getting this weird codes on every sites. Due to it, I cant access most of the websites I usually visit. Can someone help me? I think its a windows problem because it happens on every browser i use. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. I'm having some issues.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm having some issues.: I'm unable to open the download tool for Windows 10. Could there be something keeping me from opening it? It hasn't let me update it since Windows 7. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-some-issues/ac0fe524-a75c-49fa-a333-efd329d60325
  9. I have some issues with my connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have some issues with my connection: I have some issues with my connection. My internet connection has been failing on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-some-issues-with-my-connection/46ba0fdf-c840-416b-b875-4b2555d61c31
  10. I have some issues in my Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have some issues in my Windows 10: Hi Community... I have an Asus Rog Zephyrus GX 701 and a Windows 10 profesional edition os. The issue is that about i dont know if it was a half year or so that my Windows 10 are doing some weird things... First of all that i notice was that some of my icons was like a...