Windows 10: Having some problems after upgrading my laptop

Discus and support Having some problems after upgrading my laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I have some problems after upgrading my laptop. For details, I decided to buy Samsung SSD and used caddy bay to replace laptop DVD drive slot with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DucNguyen98, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Having some problems after upgrading my laptop

Hi

I have some problems after upgrading my laptop. For details, I decided to buy Samsung SSD and used caddy bay to replace laptop DVD drive slot with my HDD. I moved the drive installing Windows from my HDD to my SSD. After that, I used and it was absolutely normal, but when I was playing online games, about every 1 or 2 minutes, I got lagged about 3-5 seconds and then back to normal which is weird because before installing SSD, there was no lag at all. I'm pretty sure my internet is totally normal, I installed the latest drivers. Does anyone know about this?

By the way, do I have to format the old drive (HDD), the one that I installed Windows as I install Windows in SSD now?

:)

DucNguyen98, Oct 26, 2019

2. Can't upgrade laptop to Windows 10

Thanks for the suggestion.

I tried Windows Defender and discovered it was not turned on and when I tried to turn it on it would quickly turn itself off again. I used another anti-virus program to check out the laptop but it found no problem. Obviously this laptop has some problems.

My next step is to put the original drive back into the machine and try the Windows 10 upgrade from that and if that also fails do a restore of this laptop to the original Windows 7.

alkaufmann, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Oct 26, 2019
  4. n-ster Win User

Having some problems after upgrading my laptop

n-ster, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Having some problems after upgrading my laptop

1. Having some problems after upgrading my laptop - Similar Threads - Having problems upgrading

2. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  3. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop is having some issues: Hello! I am here to ask if anyone can help me with the problem I am having. I was watching some content on YouTube, and I paused the video to take a shower. There was nothing wrong until I came back from the shower. Before, my audio worked, but when I tried after, I could not...
  4. My laptop is having some issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop have some trojans

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop have some trojans: Before I go to ASUS Service Centre to clean my fan from dust. My laptop works perfectly fine no trojan . But after They clean my fan, I got trojans. 3 trojans. Did they put the trojans to my laptop or what? anyway here are the...
  6. My laptop have some trojans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop have some trojans: Before I go to ASUS Service Centre to clean my fan from dust. My laptop works perfectly fine no trojan . But after They clean my fan, I got trojans. 3 trojans. Did they put the trojans to my laptop or what? anyway here are the...
  7. My laptop have some trojans

8. HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP: Please how can i get my product key on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problem-with-my-laptop/42ce6acb-b007-42f9-b95f-dc11b8fb10f7
  9. HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP

HAVING PROBLEM WITH MY LAPTOP: Please how can i get my product key on my laptop. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-problem-with-my-laptop/42ce6acb-b007-42f9-b95f-dc11b8fb10f7
  10. Having some problems since upgrading to 10...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having some problems since upgrading to 10...: I use my TV as a monitor. Resolution was way off since before I upgraded to 10, but circumvented it by scaling the text extra large. Now since upgrading, everything is too big. Text is blurry, icons too big, task bar goes below where I can see. I went to display settings...