Windows 10: Having some problems with a key, and a new computer. Please help. Details inside.

Discus and support Having some problems with a key, and a new computer. Please help. Details inside. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently purchased a custom built laptop, and selected to NOT have windows pre-installed, since apparently my friend has a spare key from work that'd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NeonAbomination, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Having some problems with a key, and a new computer. Please help. Details inside.

I recently purchased a custom built laptop, and selected to NOT have windows pre-installed, since apparently my friend has a spare key from work that'd give me windows 10. I got the laptop, tried the key, and when I installed windows, yeah, it was windows 10. Apparently the key still had a bunch of uses on it as well.

Unfortunately, the computer turned out to be kinda broken, and I had to sent it back immediately. To apologize for the inconvenience, I was told the new one would have windows 10 pro pre-installed. I got a replacement a week later (today), and it has windows 10 pro on it, but it's NOT activated. I tried putting in my key to activate it on the activation page, but it doesn't work, and tells me they key isn't valid.

I'm confused. This key worked fine literally the week before and I had windows 10, but now it doesn't work. Could somebody help me understand what's going on here? Is there a way to fix it? I don't like the annoying message in the corner of my screen.

Thank you.

submitted by /u/NeonAbomination
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NeonAbomination, Mar 12, 2021
  2. Aquinus Win User

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Mar 12, 2021
  3. New computer, is there a way to plug in headphones and have audio without speakers

Hi,

Thank you for coming back to us with the current status.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + x and click on
      Control Panel

• Click on View by: category and click on
      Small icon.

• Now click on troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Playing Audio and Click on
      Next
      button.
    If the issue still persist, try the below method.

Method 2.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    If the above methods did not help to fix the issue, try the below method.

Method 3.

I recommend you to go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest updated sound adapter driver for Windows 10 and install the same. If the available driver is not for Windows 10 try installing the driver in compatibility
    mode.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    You can also go to the below link and try the steps:

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 12, 2021
  4. J. Raúl Win User

Having some problems with a key, and a new computer. Please help. Details inside.

Transferring a Windows 10 Product Key to a new computer

You cannot use OEM key to activate other devices. But I have seen cases where in it will activate.

You will have to follow below steps to activate on new device:

Open cmd as admin (on new computer)

Slmgr -upk (enter)

Slmgr -cpky

Slmgr -rilc

Slmgr -ipk XXXXX-XXXX-..... (your pk key)

Slmgr -ato

This should activate on new device. Before purchasing a key I'll suggest you try above steps because I have done in the past and it had worked.

J. Raúl, Mar 12, 2021
Thema:

Having some problems with a key, and a new computer. Please help. Details inside.

1. Having some problems with a key, and a new computer. Please help. Details inside. - Similar Threads - Having problems key

2. How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.: Hi! Microsoft Community Team This is Rukhsar husain. I am facing some problems related to WiFi signal, Internet connection with devices and my phone from 2 days. I am not able to solving this problem I try to many time with multiple ways but didn't solve. Please please please...
  3. How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.: Hi! Microsoft Community Team This is Rukhsar husain. I am facing some problems related to WiFi signal, Internet connection with devices and my phone from 2 days. I am not able to solving this problem I try to many time with multiple ways but didn't solve. Please please please...
  4. How to solve this problem? please please help me problem is mentioned in details.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Having LiveKernel problems - please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having LiveKernel problems - please help: I use my PC to do 3D rendering and it was fine and dandy for months before the PC would completely freeze while rendering. No BSOD, no black screen, just a complete freeze and I'll have to power off my PC and turn it on again. This has happened for about 6-7 times.I'm trying...
  6. Having LiveKernel problems - please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having LiveKernel problems - please help: I use my PC to do 3D rendering and it was fine and dandy for months before the PC would completely freeze while rendering. No BSOD, no black screen, just a complete freeze and I'll have to power off my PC and turn it on again. This has happened for about 6-7 times.I'm trying...
  7. I have some problems with my windows, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have some problems with my windows, please help: Hi, I have some terrible problems and I really need my pc ASAP, so I installed latest update today, and after booting up my mouse and keyboard weren’t working, so I couldn’t leave the lock screen, then I tried to go back to the previous update with windows copy on the usb...
  8. New computer, please help

in Windows 10 Support
    New computer, please help: am brand new to Windows 10 and can not transfer a photo from Picasa 3 to a disk or memory stick. I have tide a million times but when I click copy nothing happens. Also it doesn't matter how many times I put a disk in or a memory stick I don't see any little couloured things...
  9. new computer please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new computer please help: HI. How do I find my network DVR in Network and sharing center? 24806
  10. New Computer setup please help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Computer setup please help: I hope you can help with this. I am setting up my new laptop and one of the software I installed is Cyberlink Power2Go. I use external burner, hence the laptop does not have optical drive. For this reason during startup of the computer, it is coming to say "No burner...