Windows 10: Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having problems with BSOD's for a while, for a while now though; it has been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It always seems to be caused by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JackB34, Mar 19, 2023.

1. JackB34 Win User

Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hello, I have been having problems with BSOD's for a while, for a while now though; it has been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It always seems to be caused by the driver ntoskrn.exe, I have attached the dmp file from blue screen view in the drive below along with the event viewer text error from about the same time. Some of the things I have already tried: SFC scan, Malwarebytes scan, installing windows 11 from windows 10, updating nvidia driver + device manager drivers.I am really struggling with figuring out this one, any ideas on what might be the fix? I can provide more information as needed.Goo

:)

JackB34, Mar 19, 2023

2. BSOD problems IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + MEMORY_MANAGEMENT + PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Some days when I turn off my PC it happens sequentially these 3 BSOD (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + MEMORY_MANAGEMENT + PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA). Not necessarily in this order. But the errors are basically one of these.

• I've already done memtest86 and got no errors
    • SFC /scannow with no errors too
    • checkdisk with no errors
    I've checked the error with BlueScreenView and the problem is with the driver ntoskrnl.exe.

Any suggestion of whats going on?

LeonardoRocha9, Mar 19, 2023
  3. mad1394 Win User
    IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal

sigh
    If your computer auto restarts on BSOD find the setting in windows to make it stop.
    Second step is to look for the error code of the BSOD.
    Perhaps easier would be to use an online application such as bluescreen viewer.
    Once you know which driver is causing the problem you can look further into fixing it.

mad1394, Mar 19, 2023
  4. Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Bsod "irql_not_less_or_equal"

This most probably is due to a faulty charger or a battery.

Generate Battery Usage Report in Windows 10

But there are other common causes of it:
    • Incompatible Drivers
    • Malfunctioning hardware
    • Registry Issues
    • Malware attacks
    • Incomplete driver installation

To solve the problem, you could try using the following common methods:
    Method 1: Use SFC and DISM
    Step 1: Press Windows + X and then select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    Step 2: Type in the following command and then press Enter.
    sfc/scannow
    Step 3: Wait for the process to finish and it will show you results. If Windows can repair your files, it should say that the corrupted files are repaired. If the process is stuck, the Windows could well fail to recover itself. You will have to use the DISM tool to repair your Windows sinceit’s a more efficient and powerful tool than SFC, use these steps:
    Step 4Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL :press Windows Key + X and then click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    Step 5: Now type the following command and then press Enter.
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Method 2: Update Your Graphics Drivers
    Step 1: Press Windows Key + R to open the Run box.
    Step 2: Type in devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open the Device Manager
    Step 3: Expand the Display Adapters category.
    Step 4: Right-click on your graphics device, and then select Update Driver.
    Step 5: Select the Search automatically for updated driver software option.
    Step 6: The computer will search for drivers online and install them.

Method 3: Check Your Memory and Hardware
    If the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error is not related to the software, then some hardware glitches might be causing the issue. In such a scenario, you should try testing the RAM of your device. Fortunately, Windows offers a utility tool called memory diagnostics. Refer to the following instructions to learn how to access the utility tool.

Step 1: Press Win + Q to open the search box, enter Memory Diagnostic to open the Windows Diagnostic utility.
    Step 2: Select the Restart now and check for problems option to scan the RAM.

Reference: [Solved]: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL Error in Windows - Bitwarsoft

Steerthforth, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

1. Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Having problems BSOD

2. Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having some problems with BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello, I have been having problems with BSOD's for a while, for a while now though; it has been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It always seems to be caused by the driver ntoskrn.exe, I have attached the dmp file from blue screen view in the drive below along with the event viewer...
  3. BSOD problem: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL relating to ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD problem: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL relating to ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, I have been having issues with my computer randomly crashing and many times locking up the computer at random intervals until I restart the computer again. I couldn't figure out what the problem was so I installed a program called WhoCrashed to help me identify what...
  4. "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs some time after a hardware upgrade

"IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs some time after a hardware upgrade: TL;DR: I'd like to ask you guys for some guidance diagnosing "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs. ====================== Hi guys! It's my first post here yeah, you guessed it, I registered specifically to post this here ;P and it will be lengthy... But it's all with best...
  5. BSOD: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD: "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL": I randomly get this error sometimes when I'm playing, my knowledge in solving windows errors is limited so I'll appreciate the help. Here are the .dmp files which were updated right when the crash happened. submitted by /u/Zyad300 [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows Event Viewer problems, irql_not_less_or_equal bsods,problems

Windows Event Viewer problems, irql_not_less_or_equal bsods,problems: Hello, so i have this problem here i have a lot of errors every day in windows event viewer , games are stuttering and closing and even artefacting, windows even wrote me in the down right corner that there has been an unexpected error and that system needs to restart(not...
  7. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Whilst Playing Some Games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Whilst Playing Some Games: It has come to my attention as of late that some games, such as GTA V or 7 Days to Die have been triggering the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD upon starting the game, or after a few minutes of being in-game. I used WhoCrashed and found that it had to do with e2xw1.sys, which is...
  8. BSOD playing games, irql_not_less_or_equal, problem with iaStorAVC.sys

BSOD playing games, irql_not_less_or_equal, problem with iaStorAVC.sys: Hello experts! I've been having some problems while playing games like GTA V. It came recently, but not sure if I installed any new drivers, except a network driver, which I believe I reverted back to a previous version which didn't help. I've made sure windows 10 is up to...
  9. BSOD problem.. "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD problem.. "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello everyone! I have about a half year old PC, and it has been running fine until now. I've had three BSOD's in two weeks , and I can't say if it's caused by some specific action. They can happen during 3D-modeling, gaming etc.. The only message it gives is:...
  10. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD, Along with some more.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD, Along with some more.: I regular intervals of time i keep getting this BSOD, it sometimes doesn't show for a week or 2, but it has started again 3 days ago with its constant crashing, along with CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION,BAD_POOL_HEADER. All in the span of a...