Windows 10: Having some problems with cortana

Discus and support Having some problems with cortana in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a DELL laptop with windows 10. The problem is that it cannot open any file other than apps or songs on groove app. Even the speech recognition... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VanshajGupta, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Having some problems with cortana

I have a DELL laptop with windows 10. The problem is that it cannot open any file other than apps or songs on groove app. Even the speech recognition is not good. If there is any way to solve this so please help.

:)

VanshajGupta, Oct 27, 2018
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 27, 2018
  3. Cortana and settings options disappeared

Have you been able to use Cortana before and have you experienced any problems with it then?
    What about trying a system restore?

Also this could be of some use to you: Cortana Search Box Windows 10
    I would particually suggest step 3 and see if the problem still remains with a new user account.

ellellell1, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Having some problems with cortana

Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Having some problems with cortana

1. Having some problems with cortana - Similar Threads - Having problems cortana

2. Hello. I am having some trouble with cortana/search.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hello. I am having some trouble with cortana/search.: Cortana no longer has a text field to type in. Is there a way to fix this? I also cannot find the "search" button anymore. can anyone help me? submitted by /u/Marc815 [link] [comments]...
  3. Problem with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problem with Cortana: It stopped working. I cannot start it. How can I fix Cortana? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-cortana/07028e39-4df9-49d8-b001-aab71f1b3e68
  4. Cortana problem

in Cortana
    Cortana problem: When I start to type into Cortana it goes off before I finish. Any help please? Thanks Steve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem/50e2de11-8223-44a1-be18-7e8560787470"
  5. Windows having some problems

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows having some problems: Hello, I've noticed lately that I've been having some problems with my windows, primarily my windows not updating, and I can also not access the properties of any file whatsoever when right clicking and selecting it, I click it and nothing happens, I know I was having some...
  6. problem with cortana

in Cortana
    problem with cortana: how do I change what cortana calls me I have tried my notebook in cortana but there is no "about me" there and there is nothing in my settings any help would be greatly appreciated oh I even reset my PC I run windows 10 home...
  7. Cortana Problem

in Cortana
    Cortana Problem: Hi, Dear developer I am facing problem of cortana, whenever I open cortana, cortana freezes and close itself after few seconds. I need help, Kindly help me please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-problem/3b5d1a99-008b-4386-ac47-d2ee56120bd8"
  8. PROBLEM WITH CORTANA

in Cortana
    PROBLEM WITH CORTANA: My problem arises in the basic concepts that Cortana teaches, after answering all the questions I get an error when choosing the keyboard layout. I just finished formatting my PC....
  9. Problems with Cortana

in Cortana
    Problems with Cortana: Hi. Cortana freezes and does nothing else. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-cortana/41f34c76-42d5-48fa-b7f5-d46d21310762"
  10. Cortana Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana Problem: When setting up "Hey Cortana" I followed some bogus instructions. I typed "Activate Hey Cortana" in the search box. Now it thinks my name is: Activate Hey Cortana. I can't figure out how to change that, and get my real name in there. 3794

Users found this page by searching for:

1. SOME ISSUES WITH CORTANA