Windows 10: Having strange WiFi issues and don't know how to troubleshoot

Discus and support Having strange WiFi issues and don't know how to troubleshoot in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, my WiFi connection started acting up. Every 15-20 minutes it loses Internet connectivity. It is still connected to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wagtbsf, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Having strange WiFi issues and don't know how to troubleshoot

Suddenly, seemingly out of nowhere, my WiFi connection started acting up. Every 15-20 minutes it loses Internet connectivity. It is still connected to the network, it just says no Internet access. When I tell Windows to resolve the issue, it does it's thing and eventually resets the adapter and it works again. Since then I've realized that if I simply disable WiFi and then enable it again it will reset the connection and work again, being much faster than having Windows resolve the issue. However, the fix is only temporary, and it will lose Internet again in another 15-20 minutes. I've tried rolling back the WiFi adapter drivers, but the problem still persists and I am at a total loss.

I don't know if it is related, but this started happening right after the Windows Update that pushed the dark theme out to explorer.

I work from home and this has been driving me insane for a couple months now. I'm getting knocked out of calls and conferences, plus my productivity has taken a huge dive since I have to stop what I'm doing and reset my connection every 20 minutes.

Edit: This does not happen to any other device on the network, only my computer.

Edit2: I've also tried using Google and OpenDNS servers instead of my ISP, no change.

submitted by /u/wagtbsf
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wagtbsf, Dec 10, 2019

2. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Dec 10, 2019
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Dec 10, 2019
  4. Having strange WiFi issues and don't know how to troubleshoot

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

Having strange WiFi issues and don't know how to troubleshoot

1. Having strange WiFi issues and don't know how to troubleshoot - Similar Threads - Having strange WiFi

2. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  3. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.: I run a Minecraft server to play with friends. The file that runs the server is named "start.bat". So I set it to startup when the PC was turned on. I no longer wanted it to startup when powering on so I went into startup apps and disabled "start". I disabled the wrong start....
  4. Help! I know the issue but I don't know how to fix.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Strange red box I don't know how to get rid of.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Strange red box I don't know how to get rid of.: It appears after login into the main desktop, I can move it about but it does not show up on any recording software as a program of its own. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/strange-red-box-i-dont-know-how-to-get-rid-of/b27c31ae-9e9a-4384-accf-fbd653ef0fe5
  6. Strange Wifi Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange Wifi Issue: Hello, Recently my laptop has been connecting to WIFI, but when I try downloading anything my download speed drops. However, if I turn the WIFI setting off and then on again it goes back to normal for a few minutes before dropping again. I have re-installed drivers, tried...
  7. Strange wifi issue (win10)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange wifi issue (win10): A few days ago, the wifi on my desktop would no longer work (windows problem solver: can't reach DNS server). I tried a load of different fixes I found on the internet but none would work. Eventually I just loaded a system "restore point" of a few days old (sorry if this is...
  8. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue: submitted by /u/its_elektrik [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4sq7w/i_have_no_idea_how_to_troubleshoot_this_issue/
  9. Strange wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Strange wifi issue: Hello, i have been experiencing a very bizarre pattern with my wifi. I have unable to connect to my My wireless connection and get the wi-fi doesnt have a valid ip address error when i trouble shoot. However i have a bt wi-fi extender displayed as an ethernet connection that...
  10. Troubleshooting a Strange Issue...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Troubleshooting a Strange Issue...: Okay, this is a weird one... I was having an issue with my monitor getting stuck in "power save mode" (no input detected) if my computer restarts. It ONLY happens with a restart. The only way to get my monitor to work again is to hard shut down the computer by holding the...