Windows 10: Having this Bug error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE; Caused by...

Discus and support Having this Bug error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE; Caused by... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; ================================================== Dump File : 060220-50218-01.dmp Crash Time : 02-06-2020 11:42:05 Bug Check String :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SergioBustamanteS, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Having this Bug error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE; Caused by...

==================================================
    Dump File : 060220-50218-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 02-06-2020 11:42:05
    Bug Check String : INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000a0
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000618
    Parameter 2 : fffff801`418465a0
    Parameter 3 : ffffde87`89974040
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : dxgkrnl.sys
    Caused By Address : dxgkrnl.sys+13f70
    File Description : DirectX Graphics Kernel
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.18362.836 WinBuild.160101.0800
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1c2390
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\060220-50218-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 2
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 18362
    Dump File Size : 788.484
    Dump File Time : 02-06-2020 11:56:50
    Dump File : 052820-52468-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 28-05-2020 14:02:33
    Bug Check String : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    Bug Check Code : 0x0000009f
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000003
    Parameter 2 : ffff8404`3dee3070
    Parameter 3 : ffffc08a`e7230c00
    Parameter 4 : ffff8404`3e1d38a0
    Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
    Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1c2390
    File Description : NT Kernel & System
    Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    Company : Microsoft Corporation
    File Version : 10.0.18362.836 WinBuild.160101.0800
    Processor : x64
    Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+1c2390
    Stack Address 1 :
    Stack Address 2 :
    Stack Address 3 :
    Computer Name :
    Full Path : C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\052820-52468-01.dmp
    Processors Count : 2
    Major Version : 15
    Minor Version : 18362
    Dump File Size : 2.100.764
    Dump File Time : 28-05-2020 14:55:15

:)

SergioBustamanteS, Jun 11, 2020

2. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR Windows 10 Restart Loop

Hi Krishna,

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR indicates that the power policy manager experienced a fatal error. Refer to the article for more information:

Bug Check 0xA0: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR

To troubleshoot the issue, follow these methods:

Method 1:

Step 1:

Start your computer in safe mode and check if the issue persists:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/changing-the-start-up-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab01

Step 2:

If it works fine in safe mode, perform clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, see the section “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” to return the computer to a
    Normal startup mode.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to use these commands to repair Windows:

• Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:
    • Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Edleen Win User
    Possible Causes of atikmdag errors

I was courious to see how many different causes there are to the infamous atikmdag.sys error that strikes widely across and has so for a long time, I am getting it myself also and it is really starting to wear me out. It is pretty annoying having a $520 Readeon 3870x2 card if you can't use it without errors.

So first of all, here is the apparant reason for my atikmdag error:

When I play a game, regardless of settings, clocks or anything else, the fan speed wil not be adjusting and the card will get hotter as it performs. As soon as the card gets hot enough, my system will attempt to speed up the fan and as soon as they do, I get the atikmdag error. I never hear the fan of my card go beyond 30% fan speed unless I push it using Rivatuner.

Anyone else got other apparant reasons?

By the way, here are the steps I have been trying to fix it
    • Renaming atikmdag.sys to "atikomdag.sys(old)
    • Set fan speed profiles in Rivatuner depending on temeprature thresholds
    • Setting fixed fan speed in Rivatuner
    • Installing only the ATI drivers without Catalyst Control Centre
    • Replacing RAM blocks
    • Trying older drivers
    I have probably tried a few

Edleen, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Having this Bug error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE; Caused by...

Blue screen error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you receive DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Blue screen error. The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bug check has a value of 0x0000009F. This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. For more information,
    see
    Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

However, it would be great if you can share the Minidump files with us, so that we can analyze them and assist you accordingly. To share the dump files, navigate to
    C:\Windows\Minidump, upload the files to OneDrive and share the OneDrive link.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to try booting the computer into Safe Mode and see if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode. Refer the steps mentioned in the article

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

If you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode with Networking, try performing clean boot on the computer and see if the computer boots.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer. However,
    that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article How to perform a
    clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Having this Bug error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE; Caused by...

1. Having this Bug error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE; Caused by... - Similar Threads - Having Bug error

2. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR/ stornvme.sys causing BOSD errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR/ stornvme.sys causing BOSD errors: For a couple months I have been getting BOSDs with the error code: Internal_Power_Error. I have done everything short of buying a new laptop and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. When I analyze the dump files it says the problem is stornvme.sys. I have gotten...
  3. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR/ stornvme.sys causing BOSD errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR/ stornvme.sys causing BOSD errors: For a couple months I have been getting BOSDs with the error code: Internal_Power_Error. I have done everything short of buying a new laptop and I can't seem to figure out what is causing it. When I analyze the dump files it says the problem is stornvme.sys. I have gotten...
  4. BSoD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmwnG6dEloGXitM0MVkYIrAQWxO8Hw?e=oAhG8bEvery time I put my pc on hibernate, my display goes black for 5 minutes then my pc shutsdown instead of hibernating, and when I check BlueScreenView it shows that I had a blue screen.I have tried: sfc...
  5. BSoD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR caused by ntoskrnl.exe: Dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmwnG6dEloGXitM0MVkYIrAQWxO8Hw?e=oAhG8bEvery time I put my pc on hibernate, my display goes black for 5 minutes then my pc shutsdown instead of hibernating, and when I check BlueScreenView it shows that I had a blue screen.I have tried: sfc...
  6. BSoD INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Multi Errors of Hardware Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Multi Errors of Hardware Error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe: I frequently put my computer into sleep state as I hop between classes and rest time. Today, I noticed the computer started from cold start multiple times when I go ahead and want to wake my computer the power light is not flashing, indicating either it was in hibernate mode,...
  8. INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and ntoskrnl.exe error

INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and ntoskrnl.exe error: I've format my disk many times. I've got 2 SSD's. Samsung PM981 Samsung 970 EVO It doesn't matter. Close computer using by Start Menu, you always get a Blue Screen "Internal Power Error". Your Laptop needs to Sleep? no you can't do this. Again a blue screen "Internal Power...
  9. Unknown parameters on INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR Bug Check

Unknown parameters on INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR Bug Check: So I've had a blue screen two times now with INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR and wanted to inspect why I'm getting this error. I opened the minidump with Windbg.exe and got the following analysis: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (a0) The power policy manager experienced a fatal error....
  10. Internal_Power_Error

Internal_Power_Error: I'm getting this error message about every other time I boot up. I just finished a clean install,and am still getting this same error message. 20221