Windows 10: Having to create a new pin randomly on my personal PC

Discus and support Having to create a new pin randomly on my personal PC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have been forced to change my login pin multiple times now due to it being an "organization requirement". It is my personal computer, not part of any... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ddm1994, Oct 27, 2019.

1. ddm1994 Win User

Having to create a new pin randomly on my personal PC

I have been forced to change my login pin multiple times now due to it being an "organization requirement". It is my personal computer, not part of any organization. This is getting very annoying and once it made me switch twice within one week. I have seen one feed on this and it was no help. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

:)

ddm1994, Oct 27, 2019

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Hi Kevin,

To resolve your concern about creating pin to your computer, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Navigate to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC (click to get permission when prompted).
    • Delete the contents of that folder (delete everything in that folder, but leave that folder and everything above it).
    • Go back to settings, accounts, sign in options.
    • Your non-working pin will now be gone, and you can just click 'add a pin' and set it again.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Why doesn't my pin work with the anniversary edition?

Hi Nancy,

We would like to know more about the issue. Before you had the Anniversary Update, were you using an 8-digit PIN?

For the meantime, we suggest that you remove the current PIN and create a new PIN. You can do that by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Remove.

After you have deleted your current PIN, create a new 4-digit PIN by following these steps:

• Select the Start button, type Settings, and select it from the list of results.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, select Add.

Once you have created your new 4-digit PIN, restart your computer and sign-in using the new 4-digit PIN.

Note: It is very important that you remove then create a new PIN rather than changing the current PIN.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Having to create a new pin randomly on my personal PC - Similar Threads - Having create pin

2. Unable to create a new PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to create a new PIN: Hi,This is frustrating with windows sign in.I've deleted my PIN, now I have to create a new one.However, they say the microsoft acct doesn't exist I used my work email in this forum.why it doesn't let me sign in?-I wanted to void the PIN then I have to enter my passwordThere...
  3. Unable to create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to create a new PIN: Hi,This is frustrating with windows sign in.I've deleted my PIN, now I have to create a new one.However, they say the microsoft acct doesn't exist I used my work email in this forum.why it doesn't let me sign in?-I wanted to void the PIN then I have to enter my passwordThere...
  4. Unable to create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create a new PIN: My Windows 10 machine recently did an update. When complete my machine said my PIN is no longer available to do the change in security settings on my device. Then it asked me to click to set up pin again. When I did so the windows account page came up login page came up....
  6. Create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a new PIN: My Windows 10 machine recently did an update. When complete my machine said my PIN is no longer available to do the change in security settings on my device. Then it asked me to click to set up pin again. When I did so the windows account page came up login page came up....
  7. Create a new PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. 'New Folders' randomly created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    'New Folders' randomly created: Hi. I dont know that this is a windows specific problem or what it is. Within Onedrive Not sure its just here but this is where 99% of my stuff is saved I am getting 'new folder' created all of the time. I am not doing them I am not creating a new folder. But they are being...
  9. Create new PIN freezes

Create new PIN freezes: I am being prompted to create a new PIN due to a change to security files. When I try using Windows Hello, I get a message saying the PIN is needed. But when I click "Create new PIN" I get "Just a moment..." and then nothing happens, with the screen eventually going blank. I...
  10. Can'n create new pin

Can'n create new pin: After i complete reseting and reinstalling Windows 10, complete sign in to unlock the screen.After that, succeeded sign in, now to create set up new pin, why cannot proceed next for a new pin. Why ??? Please help...