Windows 10: Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start

Discus and support Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have this new GE62 MSI laptop running Win10 all was fine with it until by coincidence apparently windows updates some drivers and then right after my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Andyr, Jun 28, 2017.

1. Andyr Win User

Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start

I have this new GE62 MSI laptop running Win10 all was fine with it until by coincidence apparently windows updates some drivers and then right after my optical drive died, along with the MSI recovery methods got corrupted... the service centre replaced the optical drive etc and I got the laptop back I tried the drive and started to configure Windows to my liking a few items at a time, again everything fine....

Now all of a sudden the problem is I push the power button once it stays on the MSI boot logo until I push the button again and it turns off straight away, push the button again the MSI logo appears and then I get the little Windows loading circle of dots and Windows loads up and works fine after that....

Obviously this is not right and peeing me off especially since it has only just started happening, I don't have much in the way of software installed and its the same software I had installed before the optical drive died and I did not have that problem before then....

Any suggestions please guys.

:)

Andyr, Jun 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 not starting on first startup.

Whenever I shut down my laptop, on the next startup, the startup fails midway without any error or BSOD with just a blank screen. I need power on the laptop again using the power button to start it up. So I need to start my machine twice every time to
    boot it up. Same is the case with hibernation. Resume from hibernation causes sudden power off with a blank screen. I have to start the machine using power button and it starts afresh instead of resuming.

KakulChandra, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Louie 28 Win User
    Laptop have to be turned on twice to start boot!

Hi, i recently bought my laptop and things were fine, i upgraded to windows 10 still fine, but after some updates, suddenly when i try to turn it on, it turns off quick and i have to press again the power button to turn it on again then it will boot normally.

however my girlfriend laptop have the same issue but much worse after it turns on the screen stays black for a few minutes before the login appear.

how do i fix this?

Louie 28, Jun 28, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Andyr Win User
    Thanks, I tried that but it made no difference... I changed the boot order to usb/dvd then hdd and that has solved the problem for some reason.
    The thing being there are a few similar boot order entries that basically mean the same thing just worded differently so technically I have not changed anything apart from one worded entry to it's counterpart, MSI logic is quite strange.

Andyr, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Having to prss power button twice on laptop before it will start - Similar Threads - Having prss power

2. my windows 11 laptop starts by pressing power button twice what can i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 laptop starts by pressing power button twice what can i do: when i press power button first then the light in power button glows but display or screen is not shown then i press power button again and then my laptop shuts down and the when i press it thrice then finally it on the main screen . i am facing this problem from 3 to 4...
  3. my windows 11 laptop starts by pressing power button twice what can i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows 11 laptop starts by pressing power button twice what can i do: when i press power button first then the light in power button glows but display or screen is not shown then i press power button again and then my laptop shuts down and the when i press it thrice then finally it on the main screen . i am facing this problem from 3 to 4...
  4. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  5. power button on starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    power button on starting: i am click on power button but not started my computer this is less time consume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-button-on-starting/6f5d4176-2479-43b7-8885-8ca568e25338
  6. Need to boot twice before my laptop can be start normally

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to boot twice before my laptop can be start normally: Im facing a problem where the laptop need to be start twice before in can work normally 1st boot = dark screen, keyboard lights up and fan spinning, 2nd boot = windows works normally. Is it caused by hardware malfunction or software?? Im using Nitro 5 AN515-45-R4KB...
  7. Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Button - I have to press twice to turn on.: On all of my previous Windows 10 computers I only had to press the power button once to turn it on. On my most recent build, it requires me to double press quickly in order to power on. If I press once it will shut down. I have gone into the power settings to change what it...
  8. Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Powering on Desktop PC Starts Twice: Hello, I am seeking an advice on a possible issue with my desktop PC. When I start it from having been shut down by pressing the power button, it starts twice. It comes on very briefly, switches off for approximetely five seconds, and then starts again without any...
  9. Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds

in Browsers and Email
    Have to click ... or bookmarks twice before Edge responds: So I have a weird issue where I click on the menu dots(...) then settings, then the sidebar disappears, so I have to repeat that then it will open settings. It does the same thing with the bookmarks star. I have tried deleting and reinstalling edge, did nothing but lose...
  10. Have to manually turn pc off with power button before it boots correct

in Windows 10 Support
    Have to manually turn pc off with power button before it boots correct: Hi guys, every time I want to use my custom-built pc (Windows 10), the process goes as following: -press power button -wait for initial booting to start, before a noise that sounds like something being stopped -hold down power button so it turns off -press power...