Windows 10: Having to restart wireless adapter to fix wifi speed

Discus and support Having to restart wireless adapter to fix wifi speed in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So a few days ago I noticed a drop in my wifi speed from around 60 what it should be to around 20. I tried closing all apps and looking at traffic and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewSproule, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Having to restart wireless adapter to fix wifi speed

So a few days ago I noticed a drop in my wifi speed from around 60 what it should be to around 20. I tried closing all apps and looking at traffic and nothing was out of the ordinary. I then tried to reinstall drivers on my wireless card and it didn't fix. I then just disabled the device and re-enabled the wireless adapter. The wifi speed went back up to around 60 mbps. I went to play the game i was playing and my ping was fine, then after around 15 minutes it went back up. I checked my internet speed and it was back at 20 mbps. I did this a few times and found that restarting the card

:)

AndrewSproule, Jun 24, 2021

2. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

Hello

I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi.

1. I am using Windows 10
    2. The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps
    3. I have also one USB mini wifi adapter attached to my other USB through which I am currently using internet

Having to restart wireless adapter to fix wifi speed [​IMG]

From the above screenshot, the Wi-Fi 2 is which I am trying to connect. When I right-click on Wi-Fi 2 and click on Connect/Disconnect, It shows the already connected Wifi through USB mini adapter.

When I Disable WiFi and try to connect through WiFi 2 then it shows an error "Change settings, such as making a connection metered"

The device utility does not show any Wifi available connections though there are 2-3 wifi connection is there.

any idea how can I make connect to internet using my new Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps Wireless USB Adaptor - Wi Fi 2 on Windows 10 ?

oneandthree, Jun 24, 2021
  3. krishehl Win User
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes from 200mbps to 1-5mbps, making my internet unusable. I've tried it multiple times and right when I
    disconnect the wireless adapter even mid-test my internet speed shoots up.

Win10Pro - build 1909

First Gen Surfacebook

Wireless Adapter Firmware version: 1.3.8384

Wifi

My drivers are up to date. I have uninstalled and reinstalled marvell wireless network driver. Troubleshooter says there is nothing wrong with my connection.

I have an Orange 2gbps router modem. Livebox 5 smart wifi. My ethernet speed is always around 1gbps on my computer via optic fibre but the wifi chip in this surfacebook seems like it can only 200mbps which is annoying. I've read it isn't a very good wifi
    chip to begin with nevermind this laptop being 4 years old.

When I use Microsoft wireless display adapter on my computer. It doesn't affect the internet speed at all.

I have sent a recording via feedback app under this email.

krishehl, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Having to restart wireless adapter to fix wifi speed

Wireless Adapter not working

Hi Nabil,

Thank you for keeping us updated on this query. We will assist you in resolving your issue.

Method 1:

Step 1: Update network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Update option.
    • Restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.
    Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the network adapter driver from the device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.
    • Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and click on
      Device Manager from the options.
    • Expand the Network adapters from the options.
    • Right click on the wireless network card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer for automatic installation of network adapters and check if the changes are effective.

Hope this helps !

We are happy to assist you with any issues pertaining to Windows.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 24, 2021
Thema:

Having to restart wireless adapter to fix wifi speed

1. Having to restart wireless adapter to fix wifi speed - Similar Threads - Having restart wireless

2. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue: I hopped on my pc a few days ago and I was not connected to internet. I clicked to check for available networks and nothing at all pops up as if i didn’t have a wireless network adapter. I checked to see if it was updated and it was then I went to uninstall it to reinstall it...
  3. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue: I hopped on my pc a few days ago and I was not connected to internet. I clicked to check for available networks and nothing at all pops up as if i didn’t have a wireless network adapter. I checked to see if it was updated and it was then I went to uninstall it to reinstall it...
  4. Missing wifi adapter/unknown wireless wifi issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless Wifi Adapter Disapeared!

Wireless Wifi Adapter Disapeared!: So my PC is made for gaming and I got it built for me and don't have the most experience with Windows10 or PC's in general...But, for about a month or so my computer has been notifying me of a recent update. Everytime I attempted to update my PC it failed to update. So one...
  6. Wireless Wifi adapter settings

Wireless Wifi adapter settings: Hi, i have a wireless wifi adapter which i recently brought since i dont receive stable wifi. The wifi adapter works great i can get 70 mbps from tmy 5g internet since i am quite far from the router i get more wifi with 5G so i use it. I just want to know is there anyway i...
  7. wireless adapter wifi connection having driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless adapter wifi connection having driver issues: So I have a lenovo laptop that will have "driver issues" with the wireless adapter, making me unable to have internet. It's very annoying having to restart my laptop every single time this happens. It only seems to happen when I try to play minecraft java edition. I have no...
  8. Issues with wireless WiFi adapter

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with wireless WiFi adapter: I’ve done about everything I can to fix a Netgear WiFi adapter that hasn’t worked for over a year. My PC has gone through 3 wireless adapters. They will just stop working entirely on a given day. The light on the adapters won’t even work. Sometimes (rarely) I can get them to...
  9. Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter kills my Wifi Internet Speed: I have the Microsoft wireless adapter hooked up to my tv and I can connect to it fine via my surfacebook. But once I'm connected, ookla speed test goes from 300mbps to 1-5mbps, making my internet unusable. I've tried it multiple times and right when I disconnect the wireless...
  10. USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi

USB Wireless adapter not connecting to Wifi: Hello I am having trouble making my new USB Wifi Adapter to work. The drivers are working fine but the issue is it is not connecting to wifi. I am using Windows 10 The adapter which I am trying to work is Alfa AWUS036NHA 150Mbps I have also one USB mini wifi adapter...