Windows 10: Having tons of trouble trying to reintall on a clean wipe.

Discus and support Having tons of trouble trying to reintall on a clean wipe. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My computer was performing extremely poorly to say the least (blue screens, crashing, running under specs, etc), I believe this issue was due to me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by minibroneill, Aug 12, 2019.

1. Having tons of trouble trying to reintall on a clean wipe.

My computer was performing extremely poorly to say the least (blue screens, crashing, running under specs, etc), I believe this issue was due to me attempting to use the same HDD that I used on my old PC (which was running a different mobo). So my solution to this was to attempted to do a completely clean wipe, reset my PC and attempt to reinstall Windows to my new SSD while the old HDD was disconnected. So, I attempted to do that and got to the Windows Install Screen with the HDD no longer connected. But when I successfully entered my activation key and attempted to install onto the SSD (which at first said it couldn't create a new partition or locate… but I eventually got around this) and let the Windows install onto the SSD via the normal installation. But, upon the restart after it installed, I was sent back to the start of the Windows Install again and again as well as it automatically creating more drives or something. I tried to go into the BIOS and put the SSD as the primary boot option but even this put me back to the start of the Windows Install. So I was completely unable to install the new OS onto the new SSD successfully. I'm writing this now on this PC as I reconnected the HDD and it somehow had kept most of what was installed on it before the reset, which is confusing in its own right. Ultimately, I'm contacting you as I need help to do a clean wipe and install the new OS onto the SSD so that it hopefully fixes my issues with the HDD and the new mobo.

:)

minibroneill, Aug 12, 2019
  2. f14tomcat Win User

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

*Thumbs

f14tomcat, Aug 12, 2019
  3. xyzunit Win User
    Having tons of trouble

Alright well I'll experiment more with your suggestions tonight and then hopefully post back here tomorrow.
    Thanks so far, you guys have been awesome.

xyzunit, Aug 12, 2019
  4. Having tons of trouble trying to reintall on a clean wipe.

Latest Version Malwarebytes Anti Exploit

That's a good thought!

In fact, that reminded me to suggest perhaps a clean reinstall of MBAE.
    Normally, the devs like to collect logs FIRST, as the clean reinstall will wipe them out, with their data.

But, if you want to try that -- regardless of what you find in the services -- BEFORE heading over to the MBAE forum, then you might want to try the advice in these 2 pinned posts.
    One lists the steps for a clean reinstall and the other includes a link to a special MBAE cleanup tool for a squeaky clean feeling:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topic/171634-windows-10-issues-follow-these-steps/
    https://forums.malwarebytes.org/topi...omment-1011766

If that works, then it might save you the trouble of having to get more help.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 12, 2019
Thema:

Having tons of trouble trying to reintall on a clean wipe.

1. Having tons of trouble trying to reintall on a clean wipe. - Similar Threads - Having tons trouble

2. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  3. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wipe computer clean?: I have a new computer and I need to know how to clean off all the files. Thank you. It is a PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-computer-clean/67ec7867-b919-4832-afe0-e97cd38e292e
  4. wipe computer clean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Desktop Wiped Clean

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Desktop Wiped Clean: Hello, Can anyone help? Whilst downloading an anti-virus software programme – my desktopwas wiped clear all my files are gone. I have included a screenshot [ATTACH] What happened? Much appreciation...
  6. Reintalling Minecraft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reintalling Minecraft: Hello I want to ask how I'm supposed reinstall Minecraft, because I had Minecraft on my old laptop, but now I have a new one and would like to know how can get Minecraft without paying again?...
  7. Wipe clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe clean: I need to wipe this pc clean and remove any digital signatures by the previous user. How should I go about this? Need to wipe out user accounts and make it like new. Reset pc or Fresh ? Thx. JG...
  8. Wipe clean

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wipe clean: I want to give my windows notebook to a niece. How do I wipe it clean. I have my files on a disc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wipe-clean/daf4dea4-f966-4641-8c71-843ae9d06578
  9. Clean wipe a computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean wipe a computer: Hello, I would like to give away my old computer which is still working with windows 10 pro, but as you know from my previous posts, it fed me a lot of troubles. But first I want to "clean" all my documents, passwords kept on google chrome browser, pictures and videos, etc....
  10. Windows 10 Just Wiped A Ton of Data!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Just Wiped A Ton of Data!: Yesterday, I was working on a video file off one of my drives. It was looking wonky so I rebooted Windows and about half of the data on that drive vanished. This is essential data for work that is irreplaceable. I've gone through a ton of data recovery programs and have had...