Windows 10: Having trouble being able to sign into my computer without password

Discus and support Having trouble being able to sign into my computer without password in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am having troubles with trying to get my desktop computer to allow me to sign in without having to use a password, and I was wondering if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ClaudiaThompson, Sep 11, 2020.

1. Having trouble being able to sign into my computer without password

Hello, I am having troubles with trying to get my desktop computer to allow me to sign in without having to use a password, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, please?

I am having a lot of troubles with my thumb right now and it hurts to have to keep typing in my password every single time I want to sign into my own computer. I have tried everything, even adding another account, a local one. No matter what I do, it keeps on making me sign into both accounts now, Administrator and local accounts.

On the new account I tried making it where I wouldn't have to sign in and there wasn't any kind of drop down menu for saying "Never" for my password, and on my Administrator account it is available and when I put it in, it still keeps on making me sign in. Every time I restart my computer which is a lot, I keep on having to do this. Also, my lighting in my room is very low in the evenings and I can hardly see to put in a password. I have to get up and turn on the lights just to do it,and I live on my own, I don't need to do this every time.

I almost thought I wasn't even going to be able to get into my computer again, not long ago because I couldn't remember my outlook password. I live alone and there is no reason whatever that I need to keep having to put in a password.

Can someone please help me? This is just SO frustrating! This is very important to me because I am in a situation where I have got to be able to get Online to a certain website or else I will not have any money to live on. I am so worried that I won't even be able to sign into my computer.

My Windows version number is 18363 1082

:)

ClaudiaThompson, Sep 11, 2020

2. password sign in

Hi,

About your concern with typing the password after being idle, it is actually recommended to activate for security reasons.

If you wish to disable it, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Click on Sign in options.
    • On the right side, you will see required sign in.
    • Change it to Never.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Sep 11, 2020
  3. Can't sign in to windows with the same password by which I am able to sign in to my Microsoft account

Hi Anurag,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in Microsoft account settings.

To assist you better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "windows using the same password", are you getting any error message when you enter the password?
    • Have you checked the issue while entering with a different keyboard?
    • Were you connected the computer to a internet connection while logging into the computer with Microsoft account?
    • When you say that "resetting the password.", have you tried to reset the password from Microsoft website?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to enter the password through different keyboard and through On-screen keyboard. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to try entering the password with a different password.

Step 2: I recommend you to check the internet connect of the computer and make sure that internet is available for the computer while enter the Microsoft password.

Step 3: I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the Microsoft account and check if it helps.

How to reset your Microsoft account password:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us.../how-to-reset-your-microsoft-account-password

Please get back to us with an update on issue with issue with logging into Microsoft Account, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 11, 2020
  4. OKCarl Win User

Having trouble being able to sign into my computer without password

How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me my email password is the same as my log on / sign in password) Suggestions? Advice?

OKCarl, Sep 11, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble being able to sign into my computer without password

1. Having trouble being able to sign into my computer without password - Similar Threads - Having trouble being

2. Not being able to sign

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  3. Not being able to sign

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not being able to sign: I can't login on Capitec career portal with my Microsoft account is always saying it can not sign me up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-being-able-to-sign/a3d23594-1917-456d-8cac-3757bedb2d2c
  4. Not being able to sign

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Not being able to sign into windows

Not being able to sign into windows: Dear Helper,I cannot sign into windows after long periods of timemy laptop freezes and when sleep it and turn it back on i cannot sign in due to a problem on your end.please help as this is getting really annoying...
  6. Having trouble being able to sign into my computer without password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having trouble being able to sign into my computer without password: Hello, I am having troubles with trying to get my desktop computer to allow me to sign in without having to use a password, and I was wondering if anyone could help me with this problem, please? I am having a lot of troubles with my thumb right now and it hurts to have to...
  7. Not able to sign into my account without having xbox app

Not able to sign into my account without having xbox app: I don't have an X Box, nor do I want one. However I do play MS mahjong but very recently I've not been able to play it except in guest mode unless I allow Xbox App/features to be installed/give permission. Please advise. #...
  8. Having to sign out before being able to sign in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Having to sign out before being able to sign in: Hello Folks: I seek your valued advice on the following problem I have recently started facing. I have a HP Pavillion 17 Notebook, 64 bit operating system, X 64 based processor. My Windows specs are: Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 My laptop after being used for a few hours...
  9. Having to sign out before being able to sign in

in Windows 10 Support
    Having to sign out before being able to sign in: Hello Folks: I seek your valued advice on the following problem I have recently started facing. I have a HP Pavillion 17 Notebook, 64 bit operating system, X 64 based processor. My Windows specs are: Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 My laptop after being used for a few hours...
  10. Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in to computer without having to enter a password OR pin.: I now use a LOCAL ACCOUNT to sign in to my computers WITHOUT a pin or password, BUT I get email after email telling me to verify my account. I have blocked, designated as junk, reported them as phishing and they still come everyday. I want to see if I start logging in with my...