Windows 10: Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error?

Discus and support Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey, I'm trying to upgrade from a 750Gb hard drive to a 500Gb Hybrid drive, and I'm running into a few difficulties. I'm using the free version of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alastrine, Aug 25, 2016.

1. alastrine Win User

Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error?

Hey, I'm trying to upgrade from a 750Gb hard drive to a 500Gb Hybrid drive, and I'm running into a few difficulties. I'm using the free version of Macrium Reflect, every walk through I've read says to select the partition with the windows symbol, however I have two? Is this normal? I've been trying to clone both just in case. Shown below.

Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error? [​IMG]

Secondly, the first partition clones just fine, but my C: drive won't and I keep getting the below message.

Any help would be muchly appreciated.

:)

alastrine, Aug 25, 2016
  2. lacrumb Win User

Migrating W10 from a defective HDD to a "new" HDD

When you open it in the top right is Clone. This will clone from an internal disk to an external disk.

When I changed from a 500GB HHD to a 500GB SSD I used the clone. I happen to have a number of devices to attach an external drive.

lacrumb, Aug 25, 2016
  3. Ken Blake Win User
    put windows 10 on new hard disk drive

Use a program like Macrium Reflect to clone the existing drive to the new one.

Ken Blake, Aug 25, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Could you please re-post screenshots using the icon to the left of the video icon here? (tooltip 'Insert Image') Thanks!

dalchina, Aug 26, 2016
  5. alastrine Win User
    Thanks! I didn't realize they weren't up.

alastrine, Aug 27, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, Macrium helpfully marks all partitions related to Windows OS with a Windows symbol. On my UEFI SSD I now have 5 such (should be 4, but the upgrade seems to have added 1, curiously).

Those are the partitions Macrium selects if you 'Backup Windows'. (System image).

It looks like you have some sort of disk failure.

Try
    a. checking your disk's SMART parameters (e.g. Crystal Diskinfo - free)
    b. checking your disk's surface - (e.g. Macrorit Diskscanner)

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Having trouble Cloning to a new HHD, Macrium failed clone error? - Similar Threads - Having trouble Cloning

2. Deleting file after cloning HHD to new SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting file after cloning HHD to new SSD: Hi my name is Matt. I've just cloned my HHD containing my OS windows 10 to a new SSD All I want on my SSD is the necessary files for windows 10 to boot and have all installed application on my HHD I am wondering, is it safe to delete EVERYTHING from program files and...
  3. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  4. cloning with Macrium

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cloning with Macrium: I am trying to clone a small drive in an old laptop to a larger drive for the extra storage I have used just a straight clone onto an unallocated disk , formatting the disk with exfat deleting the volumes so that the disk becomes empty and even tried it with the disk marked...
  5. Macrium Reflect 7 clone error

Macrium Reflect 7 clone error: Windows 10 Pro ver. 1909 (OS build 18.363.959) Trying to clone my operating system to a new drive I get the following error: Error 0 unable to match partition Drive 1 start sector 467118080 Result code 0x8004230f Can anyone help please? 161281
  6. Macrium Reflect Clone Error 0

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Macrium Reflect Clone Error 0: Trying to clone a Win 10 boot drive - 250GB SSD to a new 500GB SSD and it keeps failing at or near the end of the clone. I did a check disk on both drives. Not sure what else to do. Would a paid package be worth a try? EaseUs is $20 which would be worth it if it works....
  7. Macrium Cloning Question

Macrium Cloning Question: This is my HDD layout, [img] . I would like to clone to a SSD. If I choose not to include the Recovery D: partition, will that space no longer used by the D: partition show as unallocated space? Thank you for your help. Windows 10 1909 145762
  8. Macrium Clone behaviour

Macrium Clone behaviour: Running Macrium/reflect trying to clone (not image) the C: drive. The c: drive has a system reserved partition (no drive letter assigned) with a normal C: partition. When a clone is attempted, Macrium assigns a drive letter to the system reserved partition? Not sure why....
  9. Macrium Clone Problem

Macrium Clone Problem: Hello friends at TenForums, After cloning my Windows 10 drive with Macrium, my PC goes directly to bios. Windows will not boot unless I manually select the drive after bios starts. Attached is a photo of disk manager showing the disk in question with 3 partitions. I tried...
  10. macrium clone stuck

macrium clone stuck: tried to clone disk from Macrium reflect free, and window stuck. unable to see bottom of window. any fix? [img] 70358