Windows 10: Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.

Discus and support Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't seem to get it to let me enable HDR no matter what I do. I'm definitely using HDR ready monitors (2 pixio px277 primes), I am using display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/GrouchyExile, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.

I can't seem to get it to let me enable HDR no matter what I do. I'm definitely using HDR ready monitors (2 pixio px277 primes), I am using display port cables, I have an RTX 2080, and I've turned on 10 bpc color depth in the nvidia control panel. But in my system settings it still says under display capability HDR: NO. Any ideas how I can fix this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

submitted by /u/GrouchyExile
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/GrouchyExile, Nov 27, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors. [​IMG]

Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors. [​IMG]

bobkn, Nov 27, 2020
  3. PDRHDR Win User
    HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor

I have an Aorus AD27QD (HDR) monitor as my primary display and an ultrawide 34UM88-P (Non-HDR) as my secondary. If HDR is enabled in windows and I go to a full screen video on the non-HDR monitor after a few seconds it will flicker blue then become severely
    washed out. Coming out of full screen fixes this. If HDR is not enabled full screen shows the colors perfectly normally.

Secondarily, with windows HDR on on the Aorus, the colors dim pretty drastically. HDR content great but anything that isnt HDR is dim enough to make me question if my brightness is turned down. (Its not, its 90/100). The white of a plain browser window
    seems so dim its nearly grey. I also tested this on what I know is a particularly vibrant (non-HDR) . HDR on? Terrible and muted. HDR off? Bright and vibrant.

I have played with in-monitor settings, nvidia control panel, factory reset of monitor, basically everything I can think of. Everything points to it being a windows issue.

I also tried out the suggestions from this post. And it pointed me to this
    set of OS release notes
    which didnt solve my issue either.

I could really use some help because I am really feeling like I wasted my money on this monitor.

PC:

i5 7600k

GTX 1080ti

16GB 3000Hz Corsair RAM

Windows, CPU and GPU on latest drivers available.

Monitors:

LG 34UM88-P (HDMI)

Aorus AD27QD (DisplayPort)

PDRHDR, Nov 27, 2020
  4. TimCarl Win User

Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.

Cannot Enable HDR

The HDR option does not appear in 'Display' settings.

I am using:

Intel UHD 630 Integrated Graphics

Cardas HDMI cable

LG 27UK650 Monitor

The LG monitor's HDR works with a Playstation 4 Pro and Cardas HDMI cable.

The LG monitor has no manual HDR setting. It only enters HDR mode when it receives proper signal, first.

Windows 10 only offers HDR setting when it receives proper signal from the display, first.

How can HDR be force-enabled on Windows 10?

TimCarl, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.

1. Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors. - Similar Threads - Having trouble enabling

2. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  3. Unable to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to enable HDR: Hi, I have a Thunderbolt 3 Dock with a nVidia RTX2060, and a Samsung Odyssey G9. My Dell Latitude 7410 allows enabling HDR, my Razer Blade 13 Late 2019 does not. Both up to Date Windows 10, both connected to the same GPU, the same Monitor. One with HDR, one without. None of...
  4. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  5. Can't enable hdr

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't enable hdr: Hi, I can't seem to enable hdr on windows 10. The option to enable should be under the 'windows hd color' settings of the display settings page however the sliders are not present to enable hdr and all hdr capabilities are set as 'No'. I had the same problem last time I...
  6. How to enable HDR

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enable HDR: I recently purchased a windows 10 computer with intel intergrated graphics card UHD 620. I have the kaby lake R and upgraded to Win10 1909 version. I go to the video settings and I have no options to enable or turn on HDR. It just says 8 bit no HDR. How do I get or enable...
  7. Cant enable HDR

Cant enable HDR: Right so I have a TV which is HDR capable TV Specs : https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/6f4ad6a hooked up to my PC via an HDMI which I believe should be at least 2.0 link to the cable:...
  8. having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used: This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix. See my system listing for my hardware. My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings. I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and...
  9. HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor

HDR on HDR monitor causes issue on secondary, non-HDR monitor: I have an Aorus AD27QD HDR monitor as my primary display and an ultrawide 34UM88-P Non-HDR as my secondary. If HDR is enabled in windows and I go to a full screen video on the non-HDR monitor after a few seconds it will flicker blue then become severely washed out. Coming...
  10. Having trouble deciding on a monitor...

Having trouble deciding on a monitor...: Hi everyone. Newfriend here. I'm planning on running a gtx 1080, but what monitor to use is such a huge choice with so many options its mind-blowing. pcpartpicker.com helped quite a bit though, and here's what I'm left with near the $400ish mark....