Windows 10: Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

Discus and support Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Yes, this is an unconventional problem since I'm actually trying to re-enable diagnostics/Customer Experience Improvement Program. When I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Guy001, Oct 18, 2020.

1. Guy001 Win User

Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

Yes, this is an unconventional problem since I'm actually trying to re-enable diagnostics/Customer Experience Improvement Program.
    When I first disabled DiagTrack (the Event Trace Session in Performance Monitor, and the service) it was mostly because it was writing non-stop to my SSD, but now I want to see if it works better - but now that I've re-enabled the trace session and service no Diagtrack-Listener.etl file is created and I'm not sure why.

Am I missing something?
    Thanks Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again :)

Win10 Pro 64-bit, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

:)

Guy001, Oct 18, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again [​IMG]

Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again [​IMG]

bobkn, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 18, 2020
  4. Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

keep us posted. i'll be interested in this as i've been wanting to do one for a while.

Chicken Patty, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

1. Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again - Similar Threads - Having trouble getting

2. Having troubles getting Roblox to work with g

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having troubles getting Roblox to work with g: ames to download it on the laptop, HP windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-troubles-getting-roblox-to-work-with-g/a2e531a4-9b90-4e91-8549-84bbea676f39
  3. Having troubles getting Roblox to work with g

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having troubles getting Roblox to work with g: ames to download it on the laptop, HP windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-troubles-getting-roblox-to-work-with-g/a2e531a4-9b90-4e91-8549-84bbea676f39
  4. i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook: i have made an outlook account but it will not connect with my work email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-getting-my-work-email-on/0cc41172-cc3d-4b9b-9332-5d6a3657e50b
  5. i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook

i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook: i have made an outlook account but it will not connect with my work email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-getting-my-work-email-on/0cc41172-cc3d-4b9b-9332-5d6a3657e50b
  6. having trouble getting update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    having trouble getting update...: i was burned badly last year i was away until recently, my desktop keeps saying it cannot update, keeps telling me to check internet connection,, i am connected, i am woefully behind on updates, what can i do, i am not very computer savvy, so i need simple answer......
  7. Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again: A while ago I disabled DiagTrack in Performance Monitor and in Services and now that I've re-enabled that, no Diagtrack-Listener.etl file is created/written to other event trace sessions work fine and I checked "View diagnostic data" and telemetry does get sent thoguh I'm not...
  8. Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time: I have an hp spectre laptop with i7,16 gb ram and a ssd drive,Ive been using an acer 21 inch external monitor and today i got an hp w2408h monitor.They both worked for about ten minutes then both went away.Now if I have one plugged in it works but if i plug in the other it...
  9. I'm having trouble getting an external webcam to work

I'm having trouble getting an external webcam to work: Trying to connect an external webcam but computer isn't recognising it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-getting-an-external-webcam-to/8e3f3436-af94-43ab-a7a5-2859b984d4d7
  10. Having trouble getting the built-in OpenSSH server to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having trouble getting the built-in OpenSSH server to work: Goal: I'm trying to set up the Windows built-in OpenSSH server (version 0.0.1.0, as I recall that being the latest one) in order to use my desktop PC remotely should I have the need for raw performance when on the road through a Windows 10 laptop. Problem: Despite following...