Windows 10: Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

Discus and support Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A while ago I disabled DiagTrack in Performance Monitor and in Services and now that I've re-enabled that, no Diagtrack-Listener.etl file is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 1_Guy_1, Oct 24, 2020.

1. 1_Guy_1 Win User

Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

A while ago I disabled DiagTrack in Performance Monitor and in Services and now that I've re-enabled that, no Diagtrack-Listener.etl file is created/written to other event trace sessions work fine and I checked "View diagnostic data" and telemetry does get sent thoguh I'm not sure if it includes what DiagTrack is responsible of.

Is there a way to fix this without resetting the PC?

Thank you :

:)

1_Guy_1, Oct 24, 2020
  2. Guy001 Win User

Yes, this is an unconventional problem since I'm actually trying to re-enable diagnostics/Customer Experience Improvement Program.
    When I first disabled DiagTrack (the Event Trace Session in Performance Monitor, and the service) it was mostly because it was writing non-stop to my SSD, but now I want to see if it works better - but now that I've re-enabled the trace session and service no Diagtrack-Listener.etl file is created and I'm not sure why.

Am I missing something?
    Thanks Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again :)

Win10 Pro 64-bit, Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572)

Guy001, Oct 24, 2020
  3. bobkn Win User
    having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again [​IMG]

Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again [​IMG]

bobkn, Oct 24, 2020
  4. Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again - Similar Threads - Having trouble getting

2. Having troubles getting Roblox to work with g

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having troubles getting Roblox to work with g: ames to download it on the laptop, HP windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-troubles-getting-roblox-to-work-with-g/a2e531a4-9b90-4e91-8549-84bbea676f39
  3. Having troubles getting Roblox to work with g

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having troubles getting Roblox to work with g: ames to download it on the laptop, HP windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-troubles-getting-roblox-to-work-with-g/a2e531a4-9b90-4e91-8549-84bbea676f39
  4. i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook: i have made an outlook account but it will not connect with my work email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-getting-my-work-email-on/0cc41172-cc3d-4b9b-9332-5d6a3657e50b
  5. i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook

i am having trouble getting my work email on outlook: i have made an outlook account but it will not connect with my work email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-having-trouble-getting-my-work-email-on/0cc41172-cc3d-4b9b-9332-5d6a3657e50b
  6. having trouble getting update...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    having trouble getting update...: i was burned badly last year i was away until recently, my desktop keeps saying it cannot update, keeps telling me to check internet connection,, i am connected, i am woefully behind on updates, what can i do, i am not very computer savvy, so i need simple answer......
  7. Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again

in Windows 10 Support
    Having trouble getting DiagTrack to work again: Yes, this is an unconventional problem since I'm actually trying to re-enable diagnostics/Customer Experience Improvement Program. When I first disabled DiagTrack (the Event Trace Session in Performance Monitor, and the service) it was mostly because it was writing non-stop...
  8. Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having trouble with getting two external monitors working at same time: I have an hp spectre laptop with i7,16 gb ram and a ssd drive,Ive been using an acer 21 inch external monitor and today i got an hp w2408h monitor.They both worked for about ten minutes then both went away.Now if I have one plugged in it works but if i plug in the other it...
  9. I'm having trouble getting an external webcam to work

I'm having trouble getting an external webcam to work: Trying to connect an external webcam but computer isn't recognising it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-getting-an-external-webcam-to/8e3f3436-af94-43ab-a7a5-2859b984d4d7
  10. Having trouble getting the built-in OpenSSH server to work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having trouble getting the built-in OpenSSH server to work: Goal: I'm trying to set up the Windows built-in OpenSSH server (version 0.0.1.0, as I recall that being the latest one) in order to use my desktop PC remotely should I have the need for raw performance when on the road through a Windows 10 laptop. Problem: Despite following...