Windows 10: having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

Discus and support having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix. See my system listing for my hardware. My system is HDR capable, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bobkn, Feb 1, 2020.

1. bobkn Win User

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used [​IMG]

:)

bobkn, Feb 1, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

bobkn, Feb 1, 2020
  3. having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

No you are not doing something wrong , from what you are describing seems the reverting happens the second the Nvidia Control Panel loads . So apparently something loading its own values and thus intervenes with Windows settings . While not documented I know three settings that may cause Windows settings to revert and those are :

So defaulting these may help , if not then you can test my theory by removing the Nvidia Control Panel from apps and do a restart .

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 1, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Thanks for the response.

I played with the settings some more, to no avail.

What version of the drivers are these from? Something seems to be missing from your resolution settings.

If there is a way to remove just the nVidia control panel (leaving the drivers), I don't know it. The nVidia CP has no entry in the Programs and Features CP.

bobkn, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used - Similar Threads - having trouble getting

2. Trouble Loading ICC Profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trouble Loading ICC Profile: I recently purchased an ASUS VG32VQ monitor. The color was off so i downloaded an ICC file which took a while to get installed...I noticed that the monitor had a dead pixel so i had amazon send me THE EXACT SAME MONITOR. well when i plugged my new monitor in the ICC profile...
  3. No longer have HDR option!

No longer have HDR option!: Hey everyone. I have a Alienware M15 laptop that is only 2 weeks old. I opted for the uhd display with rye tracking technology that is full HDR. When I first got the laptop HDR was working fine. When I went to display settings, I had the ability to toggle HDR on and off...
  4. Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Having Trouble Using Windows 10 Firewall: Whenever I block a program from accessing the internet using Windows 10 Firewall Advanced Settings Inbound/Outbound,it always shows up as checked in the Allowed Apps and Features firewall section. Doesn't a check mark next to a program mean that it has network access through...
  5. Windows HD Color problem on startup HDR

Windows HD Color problem on startup HDR: Hello, I changed my monitor recently and I found it supports HDR but since I don't really use it I keep it deactivated. Every time I boot my pc I get this bug: even if the HDR settings are switched to off the whole desktop is in SDR mode so it has lower brightness but the...
  6. How to install a Color Profile in Windows 10 using an ICC Profile

in Windows 10 News
    How to install a Color Profile in Windows 10 using an ICC Profile: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Ever wondered why an image looks different on every monitor? Why some of the pictures taken from a phone look surprisingly better on another phone’s display? The answer is how the display has been configured to output the correct color [...] This post How to...
  7. Color profile

Color profile: I regularly calibrate my monitor using a Spyder colour calibrator. After the W10 1903 update, when I do a calibration the Color profile will not load, refer image. Checked with manufacturer and the cause is the W10 1903 update and advised a later patch Microsoft released a...
  8. HDR and Washed out colors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDR and Washed out colors: What's up guys so my new monitor is HDR compatible however whenever I enable HDR in games, it makes them look terrible. The colors are super washed out, the brights are dull and the blacks are boosted to like a grey-ish. I've updated the monitor firmware and installed the...
  9. HDR with custom color space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR with custom color space: I've been learning my dxdiag log and have noticed weird things. Windows set wrong color primaries for my TV Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020 Color Primaries: Red(0.659180,0.339844), Green(0.244141,0.669922), Blue(0.129883,0.040039),...
  10. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Color Profile: How to decide which color profile to use. Any thoughts? Is there any quick to tell. 96673