Windows 10: having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

Discus and support having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix. See my system listing for my hardware. My system is HDR capable, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by bobkn, Feb 1, 2020.

1. bobkn Win User

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used [​IMG]

:)

bobkn, Feb 1, 2020
  2. bobkn Win User

This may be a bit obscure, but I that someone out there can suggest a fix.

See my system listing for my hardware.

My system is HDR capable, and I have turned that on in settings.

I have produced a custom color profile my calibration using an X-Rite I1Display device and their I1Profiler software.

If I select that profile as default in Color Management, the display switches to the wrong colors about 15 seconds after I log in to Windows. (I can log out of the account and log back in, to the same effect. It obviously is not connected with a cold boot.)

I can manually re-select the custom file, and that will be applied after. (Until the next login.)

I'm probably doing something idiotic, but I haven't spotted it. Any suggestions?

bobkn, Feb 1, 2020
  3. having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used

No you are not doing something wrong , from what you are describing seems the reverting happens the second the Nvidia Control Panel loads . So apparently something loading its own values and thus intervenes with Windows settings . While not documented I know three settings that may cause Windows settings to revert and those are :

So defaulting these may help , if not then you can test my theory by removing the Nvidia Control Panel from apps and do a restart .

nIGHTmAYOR, Feb 1, 2020
  4. bobkn Win User

Thanks for the response.

I played with the settings some more, to no avail.

What version of the drivers are these from? Something seems to be missing from your resolution settings.

If there is a way to remove just the nVidia control panel (leaving the drivers), I don't know it. The nVidia CP has no entry in the Programs and Features CP.

bobkn, Feb 1, 2020
Thema:

1. having trouble getting HDR color profile to be used - Similar Threads - having trouble getting

2. Trouble with color...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with color...: I downloaded a program called Start All BackIt's a program help Windows user have a different look with their PCI used it a long moment and I uninstalled it a few days agoIt change everything normal color after I uninstalled it but rim ò the button in control panel still not...
  3. Trouble with color...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trouble with color...: I downloaded a program called Start All BackIt's a program help Windows user have a different look with their PCI used it a long moment and I uninstalled it a few days agoIt change everything normal color after I uninstalled it but rim ò the button in control panel still not...
  4. Trouble with HDR on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trouble with HDR on Windows 11: Hi I have an Acer Nitro XZ322QU 32” Curved 1440p 165Hz monitor and it comes with its own HDR 400 certification settings, however every time I turn on HDR with windows 11 the screen turns black, and the monitor won't receive any signal and loops on and off until I connect my...
  5. Trouble with HDR on Windows 11

Trouble with HDR on Windows 11: Hi I have an Acer Nitro XZ322QU 32” Curved 1440p 165Hz monitor and it comes with its own HDR 400 certification settings, however every time I turn on HDR with windows 11 the screen turns black, and the monitor won't receive any signal and loops on and off until I connect my...
  6. Color Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Color Profile: I have generated a color profile with Datacolor Spyder5. However, when I click on the Settings button I lose the profile and it reverts to no profile. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-profile/4157f91e-c68a-480c-ae23-034e94ba6740
  7. Windows HDR color profile or chromium may need to be addressed, or is there a solution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HDR color profile or chromium may need to be addressed, or is there a solution?: HDR is becoming a hot commodity for PC users and the default windows color profile is causing issues with screenshots in chrome/edge when used - at least in windows 10 anyways. It even crops up when using the old school tried and true print screen -> Paint method.People have...
  8. Windows HDR color profile or chromium may need to be addressed, or is there a solution?

Windows HDR color profile or chromium may need to be addressed, or is there a solution?: HDR is becoming a hot commodity for PC users and the default windows color profile is causing issues with screenshots in chrome/edge when used - at least in windows 10 anyways. It even crops up when using the old school tried and true print screen -> Paint method.People have...
  9. Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having trouble enabling HDR on my monitors.: I can't seem to get it to let me enable HDR no matter what I do. I'm definitely using HDR ready monitors (2 pixio px277 primes), I am using display port cables, I have an RTX 2080, and I've turned on 10 bpc color depth in the nvidia control panel. But in my system settings it...
  10. HDR with custom color space

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDR with custom color space: I've been learning my dxdiag log and have noticed weird things. Windows set wrong color primaries for my TV Display Color Space: DXGI_COLOR_SPACE_RGB_FULL_G2084_NONE_P2020 Color Primaries: Red(0.659180,0.339844), Green(0.244141,0.669922), Blue(0.129883,0.040039),...