Windows 10: Having trouble getting UHD movies to play - Can my Laptop handle it?

Discus and support Having trouble getting UHD movies to play - Can my Laptop handle it? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have been having trouble getting UDH movies to play on my laptop. I have a MSI GS70 Stealth Pro with the following specs: Integrated Graphics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by CampNowhere, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Having trouble getting UHD movies to play - Can my Laptop handle it?

I have been having trouble getting UDH movies to play on my laptop.

I have a MSI GS70 Stealth Pro with the following specs:

Integrated Graphics Card:Intel HD Graphics 530 (Skylake-H GT2) - Integrated Graphics Controller [S0/R0] [MSI]
    Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ Intel HM170 (Skylake PCH-H)
    Dedicated Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M [MSI]
    Memory: 16GB DDR4 SDRAM

Does my Laptop seem to have the specs to play UDH movies? I have tried VLC, MPC-HC x64, and CyberLink PowerDVD 18 with no luck. CyberLink PowerDVD 18 freezes and crashed after about 30 seconds, vlc and mpc-hc skip & stutter a lot.

:)

CampNowhere, Apr 16, 2019

2. Dell Laptop Touch Screen Glitches after Watching Video in Microsoft Movies & Video App

The hardware on the device is capable of handling and playing a 4K UHD video. I can stream the very same videos via a browser once uploaded to YouTube in UHD without this issue. I can also watch the same videos using Adobe Premiere without this issue. The
    issue only occurs when viewing the video using Microsoft's Movies & TV software. Incidentally, Microsoft Windows Media Player works without issue as well.

I also recorded a video in 1080P and have the same issue using Microsoft Movies & TV.

I guess the ultimate solution is not to use your Movies & TV software to view videos.

turbojimmy68, Apr 16, 2019
  3. 4K UHD Movies won't play

Where do I get the SGX driver for Windows 10 so I can run my 4K UHD movies on my PC

PhilipBrewer1, Apr 16, 2019
  4. Having trouble getting UHD movies to play - Can my Laptop handle it?

Dell Laptop Touch Screen Glitches after Watching Video in Microsoft Movies & Video App

Since the issue is happening after playing the high-quality video on your device and we also have done some troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your laptop. You may ask them if the high-quality video is supported by the
    device since you’re experiencing an issue with it. This is to verify if the hardware of the device is capable of handling and playing a 4K UHD video.

Keep us posted if you need more help.

Joseph Ban, Apr 16, 2019
Thema:

Having trouble getting UHD movies to play - Can my Laptop handle it?

1. Having trouble getting UHD movies to play - Can my Laptop handle it? - Similar Threads - Having trouble getting

2. If I buy a UHD movie for xbox, can I stream on my computer as HD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I buy a UHD movie for xbox, can I stream on my computer as HD?: If I buy a UHD movie for Xbox, can I stream on my computer as HD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-buy-a-uhd-movie-for-xbox-can-i-stream-on-my/94bfb9ad-cbaf-4eb9-98ae-f20c0b9348c0
  3. If I buy a UHD movie for xbox, can I stream on my computer as HD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I buy a UHD movie for xbox, can I stream on my computer as HD?: If I buy a UHD movie for Xbox, can I stream on my computer as HD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-buy-a-uhd-movie-for-xbox-can-i-stream-on-my/94bfb9ad-cbaf-4eb9-98ae-f20c0b9348c0
  4. IS HDMI 2.0 NEEDED FOR PLAYBACK OF UHD MOVIES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    IS HDMI 2.0 NEEDED FOR PLAYBACK OF UHD MOVIES: Does my video card need to have HDMI 2.0 to play UHD movies? Yes or No? Please explain. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-hdmi-20-needed-for-playback-of-uhd-movies/aae5bcb2-cf9a-4367-b291-7684968acf49
  5. IS HDMI 2.0 NEEDED FOR PLAYBACK OF UHD MOVIES

IS HDMI 2.0 NEEDED FOR PLAYBACK OF UHD MOVIES: Does my video card need to have HDMI 2.0 to play UHD movies? Yes or No? Please explain. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-hdmi-20-needed-for-playback-of-uhd-movies/aae5bcb2-cf9a-4367-b291-7684968acf49
  6. Having trouble with my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Having trouble with my laptop: My old laptop that I bought about 5 years ago is really acting up on me. Sometimes it will bootup to Windows and about half the time after the bios loads up it freezes up on my and I'm getting stuck at a blank screen with a curser at the top left of the screen. My laptop...
  7. Movies & TV will not play the movies I have paid for.

Movies & TV will not play the movies I have paid for.: Can't play Can't perform the requested action because access requires a user name and password. 0x80190191 But, you know, I am already signed in...otherwise how could I possibly be looking at the movies I have paid for on the "purchased" dashboard. And...I have signed...
  8. How can you verify that a purchased UHD MoviesAnywhere movie is actually streaming/playing...

How can you verify that a purchased UHD MoviesAnywhere movie is actually streaming/playing...: As of October 2019, the Windows 10 "Movies & TV" app does not appear to feature any sort of visual indicator that informs the user of the quality of MoviesAnywhere movie playback. Is there no debug or diagnostic statistics view in the "Movies & TV" app? I'm thinking of a...
  9. Can I play a dvd movie on my laptop with Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can I play a dvd movie on my laptop with Windows 10?: I have a DVD player on my laptop that has Windows 10. How do I play it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-play-a-dvd-movie-on-my-laptop-with-windows/7a742fdb-b872-4722-aae8-29621a60d501
  10. 4K UHD Movies won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4K UHD Movies won't play: Where do I get the SGX driver for Windows 10 so I can run my 4K UHD movies on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4k-uhd-movies-wont-play/8b5b904b-502a-470a-bd0c-558e50cee10d

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can my laptop handle uhd