Windows 10: Having Trouble Importing Photosfrom my camera SD card to Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Having Trouble Importing Photosfrom my camera SD card to Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'll start with the reminder that I know little about computers, so please bear with me. I have a small Nikon CoolPix camera. When I bought a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bigfoot, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Bigfoot Win User

Having Trouble Importing Photosfrom my camera SD card to Windows 10 PC

I'll start with the reminder that I know little about computers, so please bear with me.

I have a small Nikon CoolPix camera. When I bought a new computer with Windows 10, and I inserted the SD card to transfer photos from the camera to the computer, a large window popped up and I easily imported the selected photos to a folder for that month of the year. The icon for that window is a picture with mountains.

Just got back from vacation, and when I inserted my SD card, a popup appeared asking what to do with the card. I mistakenly clicked on View with ACDSee, which is the old software for my old Pentax pocket camera.

I can't figure out how to undo this choice, and just let the Photos system on the computer show the pictures and import the way it was before.

Thanks for any help in getting this back to normal in the simplest way. *Redface

:)

Bigfoot, Sep 24, 2019
  2. thomaseg1 Win User

Wow I had forgotten this , been a while.
    Go to Settings and type in Autoplay
    Adjust settings to what you want.

Having Trouble Importing Photosfrom my camera SD card to Windows 10 PC [​IMG]

thomaseg1, Sep 24, 2019
  3. Bigfoot Win User

I'll start with the reminder that I know little about computers, so please bear with me.

I have a small Nikon CoolPix camera. When I bought a new computer with Windows 10, and I inserted the SD card to transfer photos from the camera to the computer, a large window popped up and I easily imported the selected photos to a folder for that month of the year. The icon for that window is a picture with mountains.

Just got back from vacation, and when I inserted my SD card, a popup appeared asking what to do with the card. I mistakenly clicked on View with ACDSee, which is the old software for my old Pentax pocket camera.

I can't figure out how to undo this choice, and just let the Photos system on the computer show the pictures and import the way it was before.

Thanks for any help in getting this back to normal in the simplest way. *Redface

Bigfoot, Sep 24, 2019
  4. Bigfoot Win User

Thank you both for your advice. I'll try to import them again when I get a chance this weekend. I think I must have used the Photo app too Notnats. It was probably the Windows 10 default, and maybe since my last Windows 10 update, something changed. I'll let you know if I succeed. *Smile

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again, worked perfectly! The ACDSee window opened too and covered the Photo app window, but I just closed it. Should have no problems from now on. *Smile

Bigfoot, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Having Trouble Importing Photosfrom my camera SD card to Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Having Trouble Importing

2. Photo Import from SD Card to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo Import from SD Card to Windows 10: I am trying to import photos from my SD Card, however I am not able to select the photos I want since they were from a 2020 file. The only option it is giving me are either newest or to all with is well into the 1000's. I've tried several different ways to no avail. Thanks...
  3. Importing pics from an SD card.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Importing pics from an SD card.: Have downloaded pictures from SD card for 2 years without problems and now when I click import it just circles a minute and whole photo page goes away to home screen. When I try to click on import items not previously imported it freezes up and won't do anything....
  4. Importing Photos from SD Card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Importing Photos from SD Card: Why are some of my pictures inverted when i import them on my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/importing-photos-from-sd-card/a44b69e9-3973-43f7-9a8a-8077a02b6dcf
  5. SD Card Not Importing on Windows 10 Photo App

SD Card Not Importing on Windows 10 Photo App: I know there are other questions out there similar to mine, but none of the answers were not helpful to me and did not fix my problem. My SanDisk SD card will not import photos to the Photo app on Windows 10. Before it did not recognize that there was even a device to import...
  6. SD Card and Deleting photos after imported to PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    SD Card and Deleting photos after imported to PC: My SD card used to give the option of deleting my pic's once I had imported them to my PC. Now, I have to delete them on my camera individually. This is a pain in my butt, not to mention VERY time consuming. They IMPORT great, now I need to know what I need to do to be...
  7. import photos from sd card

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    import photos from sd card: sorry...I inserted the sd camera card in the desktop tower...I went to the picture app . did import... it will not allow the photo s to download. I just did this last month and all worked well. I don't understand why this time when I: went to the windows...
  8. How to import Photos from SD Card to a Windows 10 PC

in Windows 10 News
    How to import Photos from SD Card to a Windows 10 PC: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Importing pictures from a digital card enables you to share them readily with your friends or colleagues. But if you are not aware of the transferring process, you’ll find it quite troublesome. Here’s a handbook offering step-by-step instructions to import...
  9. camera sd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    camera sd card: How can I on Windows 10 reformat an SD camera card? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-sd-card/cf134290-828f-422b-b4dc-b90517b32df6
  10. Importing Pictures from SD card

Importing Pictures from SD card: I can't get the Photos app to import pictures from my SD card reader. For a while I had Live Photo Viewer as the default import action (can't remember how), but I'd quite like to get it working with a default app. I note that when I right click on my SD drive, I don't get the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window 10 display all black

2. having trouble importing photos from camera card

3. having trouble importing photos from sd card