Windows 10: Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

Discus and support Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello guys I have a question I have an app listed in my apps and features all the way at the bottom with no name. it takes up 34.5MB and was installed... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AkulaLA, Oct 6, 2018.

1. AkulaLA Win User

Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

Hello guys I have a question I have an app listed in my apps and features all the way at the bottom with no name. it takes up 34.5MB and was installed a few months back the thing that surprises me most is when i click uninstall, it asks if i want to allow rundll32 to make changes and the paths listed are a bit suspicious.

I have attached a few photos to make this a little easier. Also Malwarebytes had no luck finding anything.

Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy 36668cef-89a2-4a2b-8450-4531def27d9f?upload=true.jpg Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy 778951d0-34bb-4939-9476-4f573e0d8148?upload=true.jpg

:)

AkulaLA, Oct 6, 2018

2. Can app name be changed in All Apps list?

Often a new program (which I suppose is always called an 'app' in Win10) will self-install in the Program Files or ProgramFiles (x86) folder under the name of the software maker, rather than the name of the program. This means that on the Win10 All Apps list, the actual program name won't be in alphabetical order; rather, the software company's name will show up alphabetically on the list. This is kind of a drag, having to remember where to look on the list.

I have tried several ways of changing the file name, etc. to make the program name show up, but either it just doesn't work or the entire program installation becomes corrupted and has to be reinstalled. Does anyone know of a way to change just the name that shows up on the All Apps list?

Electrojim, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines/

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

Can app name be changed in All Apps list?

Thanks to all, especially to Bree who gave some good advice, yet I'm still a bit confused. Here's a shot of my All Apps list showing the MetaGeek (software developer's name) with inSSIDer (the program) under it:

Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy [​IMG]

Right-clicking the main MetaGeek heading does nothing, but I can right-click inSSIDer 2.0, bringing up the More and File location options. When I open the file location I get this:

Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy [​IMG]

...which is actually under the complete heading: C:\Users\Lab\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\MetaGeek. Note that what's here is actually a shortcut, and if I right-click on the shortcut and ask to be taken to the file location, the screen just blinks, as if this IS the file location. This does not seem to be the right place for a shortcut, there aren't any others here. If I put MetaGeek into the Search window, I get nothing. If I put inSSIDer in the Search window, I get this:

...which tells me that my program is a "desktop app," although there is nothing to do with the program on the Desktop at all. The program is actually installed here: C:\Program Files\MetaGeek\inSSIDer 2.0, but neither MetaGeek nor inSSIDer is mentioned anywhere here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, which is where the rest of the programs have a listing. Thus I can't see how it shows up in the All Apps list anyway, whether it's under the heading I'd like to have (inSSIDer) or what actually got there (MetaGeek). This is really frustrating.

Electrojim, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy

1. Having trouble in Apps and Features with App listed with no name seems fishy - Similar Threads - Having trouble Apps

2. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.: Qustodio, an app that has been long since uninstalled from my computer, is still insisted on being installed on my PC yet WILL NOT let me modify or uninstall. I've checked my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to remove it...
  3. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.: Qustodio, an app that has been long since uninstalled from my computer, is still insisted on being installed on my PC yet WILL NOT let me modify or uninstall. I've checked my registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall to remove it...
  4. App that seems uninstalled still listed in Apps & Features.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Found an app in "Installed Apps" list with no name and with publisher's name in some seems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Found an app in "Installed Apps" list with no name and with publisher's name in some seems...: I just wanted to clear some storage and found this strange app with no name and it is apparantely taking 1.57TB of storage. I tried uninstalling it but an error saying "Windows cannot find [some chinese text]. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." The...
  6. Found an app in "Installed Apps" list with no name and with publisher's name in some seems...

Found an app in "Installed Apps" list with no name and with publisher's name in some seems...: I just wanted to clear some storage and found this strange app with no name and it is apparantely taking 1.57TB of storage. I tried uninstalling it but an error saying "Windows cannot find [some chinese text]. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again." The...
  7. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

Strange App Name in Apps & Features: Hi,I've just encountered a weird app in my app list in Apps & Features. I've never installed anything lately. This app can't be uninstalled either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!...
  8. Strange App Name in Apps & Features

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Strange App Name in Apps & Features: Hi,I've just encountered a weird app in my app list in Apps & Features. I've never installed anything lately. This app can't be uninstalled either. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!...
  9. Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Having trouble with Apps & features listing with no name.: I can't interact with this listing at all and it's bugging me. How do I get rid of it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/having-trouble-with-apps-features-listing-with-no/764a4c86-9255-42b3-9c13-6598c63832f3
  10. Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.

Apps and Features list an uninstalled App.: W10-64 Pro. Here is a picture of the problem. Phoenix OS is (as far as I know) UNinstalled. [img] Using a super file finder, there are no files with the word phoenix in its name on the computer FWIW. A search of the registry finds a key Phoenix OS in two places. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. app listed has no name windows