Windows 10: Having trouble installing games from Microsoft Store (or apps in general) on a different drive

Discus and support Having trouble installing games from Microsoft Store (or apps in general) on a different drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; by "trouble" I mean "spent the last 3 days turning the internet inside-out for an answer". Basically, the Xbox app (or the Microsoft store apps) won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MongeSemNome, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Having trouble installing games from Microsoft Store (or apps in general) on a different drive

by "trouble" I mean "spent the last 3 days turning the internet inside-out for an answer".

Basically, the Xbox app (or the Microsoft store apps) won't install on my X: drive. When I go to storage settings > change where new content is saved > New apps will save to is the only option that prompts me "Delete other apps? This driver has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Then it proceeds to "We couldn't set your default save location" and gave me the error code 0x80070005 (which lead me nowhere searching around the internet this time around.

I had this same trouble in the past, and the only thing I remember is that it required to delete the WindowsApps folder on the X: drive. This is a pain in the butt because it requires you to take ownership of the folder (and enabling admin rights, if your win 10 doesn't have it), but I've obviously done it and got the same answer.

and here I am, asking for your knowledge.

submitted by /u/MongeSemNome
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MongeSemNome, Mar 21, 2021

2. Install Microsoft Store Game In Specific Folder

Hi,

I understand that you want to organize your Windows 10 storage location. However, the feature you're looking for is currently not possible. We suggest sending feedback to Microsoft using Feedback Hub app. You can visit this
    article to know more details about it.

Moreover, you could always choose a preferred location from the Store settings, or move installed content to a different drive. In case you have the OS installed on an SSD and have a dedicated drive for games, the feature will make it more convenient to
    download games to a dedicated drive before initiating the download.

You can follow the steps below on how to install Windows Store apps on a separate drive:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Click on System.
    3. Click on Storage.
    4. Under "Save locations," and on "New apps will save to," select the new drive location.

Once you completed the steps, new apps you download from the Windows Store will now install automatically in the new location.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Michelle Vil, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Apps won't install in Microsoft Store

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are unable to install apps in Microsoft Store. In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers
    to the questions below:

• Do you have any non-Microsoft antivirus program installed?

• Does this issue occur for all apps from the store?
    • What is the date and time on the PC and ensure it is correct?

Meanwhile,
    we would suggest you to perform these steps and after every step check if you are able to install the app.

Step
    1:
    Reset the Windows Store Cache: Press the Windows
    Logo Key + R
    to open the Run
    dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Note:
    A blank Command Prompt window will open, and after about ten seconds the window will close and Microsoft Store will open automatically.

Step 2: Run the Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter: Select the
    Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows
    Store apps
    > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 3:
    Refer the troubleshooting steps and mentioned
    in this article: Fix
    problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Step 4: If you have any non-Microsoft security/antivirus software installed, disable it temporarily and
    then try installing the game.

Step 5: If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to create a new administrator user account and
    check, refer this article to create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 21, 2021
  4. Having trouble installing games from Microsoft Store (or apps in general) on a different drive

microsoft app store

How to run apps that are downloaded from Microsoft app store on multiple PCs without downloading multiple times.

Subhash Boipai, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Having trouble installing games from Microsoft Store (or apps in general) on a different drive

1. Having trouble installing games from Microsoft Store (or apps in general) on a different drive - Similar Threads - Having trouble installing

2. Microsoft Store App , General navigation of the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Store App , General navigation of the app: Greetings,I am getting so frustrated with the Microsoft Store App UIWhen I try to search for a keyword, the search results DO come up as expected.Then, when I filter the search results for instance choosing to filter for "Apps" and "Free" It again works as expected.Then when...
  3. Having trouble installing Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble installing Microsoft Store: Split from this thread.I have a problem. I've followed all the steps in Powershell, but it just gives this error message:Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0xC0020036: windows.licensing failed to start ClipSvc....
  4. Having trouble installing Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Having trouble installing Microsoft Store: Split from this thread.I have a problem. I've followed all the steps in Powershell, but it just gives this error message:Add-AppxPackage : Deployment failed with HRESULT: 0x80073CF6, Package could not be registered. error 0xC0020036: windows.licensing failed to start ClipSvc....
  5. Having trouble installing Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: I also get the error code : 0x80070005 when i try to change this Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-microsoft-store-app-on-different/c471f371-e17a-4345-8c03-236db71a77e5
  7. Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store

Can't select a different drive to install app/games from Microsoft Store: Can't install Forza Horizon 4 on D: or even E:, have just 3 options as shown in the pic. Followed all the steps mentioned here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-download-to-hdd-through-microsoft-store/3c478900-142c-4f10-b4aa-ebcae323241f Still...
  8. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: So I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and would like to install it on my D: drive, because my C: drive is a pretty small SSD where I don't have enough space left, but when clicking on Install and choosing the install location, it just doesn't do anything. So basically, I...
  9. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive: So I've just bought Forza Horizon 4 and would like to install it on my D: drive, because my C: drive is a pretty small SSD where I don't have enough space left, but when clicking on Install and choosing the install location, it just doesn't do anything. So basically, I...
  10. Can't install Microsoft Store app on different drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing