Windows 10: Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops

Discus and support Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I work for a small company and we purchase and resell refurbished Lenovo laptops that our customers use with the equipment that we manufacture.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Criggles, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Criggles Win User

Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops

Hello,

I work for a small company and we purchase and resell refurbished Lenovo laptops that our customers use with the equipment that we manufacture. As the most computer savvy employee, I've been updating and activating each batch of laptops as they arrive.

As I'm sure we are all aware, Windows 10 Update is not very user friendly, or perhaps it's too user friendly, as long as the user only wants to press a single button and be done with it.

Anyways, my problem stems from our slow internet. Updating 10 laptops at a time takes days and uses so much bandwidth that it hinders some of my coworkers in their duties. So I have been trying to manually install the largest of the updates. Sometimes this works, and sometimes it doesn't.

For example, some laptops will install KB4467702 from the file that I paste to the desktop without a problem. Others will tell me that it's not applicable, but will download that exact update through Windows Update service. If anyone has some insight on this, I would really appreciate it.

I've also tried using Windows Update Minitool, but I didn't find it helpful in what I'm trying to accomplish at work. Although I will install it on my PC at home, because I also suffer from slow internet speeds. There is, of course, the fact that I am a beginner when it comes to manipulating the inner workings of Windows 10, so perhaps there is more to be accomplished with WUMT than I realize.

Also, I have downloaded some Realtek audio and Intel display drivers from Windows Update Catalog, but I haven't had success getting these driver updates to install. I try to manually point windows towards them, but it tells me that I already have the most up to date versions of the drivers installed, and once again, when I launch Windows Update it downloads those drivers.

I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thanks

:)

Criggles, Nov 28, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Updates failing to install (Constantly having to update manually)

Hello Liam,

This might be caused by corrupted system files. For us to know more, please answer the following:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest checking this article to help you with your concern. This contains steps that you can perform on
    how to fix Windows updates issues.

Let us know how this goes.

John Fer, Nov 28, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops

Having trouble with port forwarding..

I am currently a bit occupied and can't focus 100%.

Give me some time to write a full check list for you. That manual helps a lot in doing all this.

I will return once I've written everything in a clear and step by step tutorial. I also have D2, so I will test it on my system, which also takes time.

slicendice, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops

1. Having trouble installing manual updates on Lenovo laptops - Similar Threads - Having trouble installing

2. I am having trouble updating windows. It wont install the update i have tried trouble...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having trouble updating windows. It wont install the update i have tried trouble...: It is update 2023-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems KB5030219everytime I try and install the update it fails. I don't know what else to do....
  3. Having trouble with my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Having trouble with my laptop: My old laptop that I bought about 5 years ago is really acting up on me. Sometimes it will bootup to Windows and about half the time after the bios loads up it freezes up on my and I'm getting stuck at a blank screen with a curser at the top left of the screen. My laptop...
  4. Having trouble instaling windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble instaling windows updates: Hello I have been having problems with updates for windows 10 for months now, it automatically updates and installs but when the windows restarts it doesn't complete installing and ends up undoing the update installation. I have a screenshot of what's trying to install, Im...
  5. Manual Install of Updates

Manual Install of Updates: I've a footwalled system I need to install MS updates on. I've got a lot to do so I'm going to create a batch file and do it command line. Is there any difference between running the msu directly or calling it by using wusa? i.e 1. Update.msu /quiet /norestart 2....
  6. Having Trouble Logging into one specific website from Lenovo laptop.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Having Trouble Logging into one specific website from Lenovo laptop.: Hello, I am having trouble logging into one specific web site which is coveredca.com.. The page loads up fine, but when I click on the sign in button at the top of the page, it creates a pop-up and takes me to another page, once I enter my log in information, it will stay...
  7. Manually installing updates

Manually installing updates: I have recently installed windows 10 and am already getting extremely frustrated with the inaccessibility of windows updates, it seems that Windows these days wants users to have zero control over what happens with their computer. I disabled mine because I read about users...
  8. Install updates manually

Install updates manually: I need to install Windows 10 updates manually, how i can do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/install-updates-manually/0a7de959-01a7-4c68-958d-483a4b0b169a
  9. Trouble manually checking for Windows updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble manually checking for Windows updates: Greetings all (smile). I'm trying to manually update windows, and I'm receiving an error message. "There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may...
  10. Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Trouble booting into Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop: ​I'm having trouble logging into my computer (Windows 10 - Lenovo laptop). I was bypassing the password but periodically I have to change it. I have forgotten the pw so I can't get in. I thought I could go into safe mode to fix it, but having trouble with that. I thought...