Windows 10: "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

Discus and support "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Micah A Saunders, Nov 30, 2022.

1. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at all. It also won't let me install new games as it won't let me choose what drive to install to, saying none can be found. There's a green bar at the bottom of the app that says the above text in the title with a link to "fix it now". I've tried the solutions there and none have seemed to work, and the most common one, entering commands into Windows PowerShell to uninstall and reinstall game services comes up with an error message that says the sy

:)

Micah A Saunders, Nov 30, 2022
  2. JC03 Win User

game wont launch with pc game pass

Hi, Logger3422.

I'm Jen, I'm also a Windows user just like you. I'm not working for Microsoft but I'd be happy to help you figure this out.

I understand you're having trouble launching games. To troubleshoot, I suggest following the steps in the article below. Please refer to the steps for PC.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/game-pass-not-la...

I hope this helps. Feel free to share how it went.

Kind regards.

*****Note: This is a non-Microsoft website that would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do more harm than good sometimes.*****

3. Xbox PC App Error

We appreciate your response and cooperation regarding this matter. Based on your reply, it appears that you need to enable the Xbox services to ensure that the app is up and running. You may follow the steps below to enable Xbox Live services:

• Press the Start button and type Services on the search box.
    • On the list of services, look for Xbox Live Auth Manager,
      Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service.

The next steps should be done to the three mentioned services above:

• Right click on the service and select Properties.
    • Set the Startup type to Automatic. If the service isn't started, click
      Start.
    • Save the changes.
    • Launch the Xbox App and sign in to your account again.

Let us know if you are able to sign in after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 30, 2022
  4. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

I am having trouble with Xbox One game streaming stability on a wired network

Hi Unlimited331,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you're unable to stream properly from your Xbox On to your computer through the Xbox app. To help you resolve this concern, I recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

For the Xbox app on your computer:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset Xbox app from Settings

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps & features.
    4. Find the Xbox app and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. Restart your device so that the changes can take effect. Launch the Xbox app.

Troubleshooting steps on your Xbox One console:

Step 1: Clear MAC Address

1. Scroll left on the Home screen to open the Guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select Network.
    5. Select Network settings.
    6. Select Advanced settings.
    7. Select Alternate MAC address.
    8. Select Clear.
    9. Select Restart. Access the game again and check if the same instance occurs.

Step 2: Reset Xbox One console.

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select Settings.
    3. Select All Settings.
    4. Select System.
    5. Select Console info & updates.
    6. Select Reset console.
    7. On the Reset your console, select Reset and keep my games & apps.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

"Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

1. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app - Similar Threads - Having trouble installing

2. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  3. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app: xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-pass-pc-launching-the-xbox-app/01d4b4fb-a0cf-470d-87ab-0b6175e2e0db
  4. xbox game pass pc launching the xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Having trouble with Xbox app on PC

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Having trouble with Xbox app on PC: Whenever I try to install a game, or launch a game from the Xbox app, the Microsoft Store Package Dependency Installer asks for admin privelleges which I give it. Then I get a windows error saying "The device cannot find the device, path or file. You may not have the...
  6. "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Having trouble installing or launching games?" XBOX PC app: When trying to play any XBOX Game Pass games I had installed and were previously working, they either bring up an error message or just don't open at all. It also won't let me install new games as it won't let me choose what drive to install to, saying none can be found....
  7. Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC

in Windows 10 News
    Game Pass not launching games on Xbox or PC: [ATTACH]Game Pass is a service from Microsoft that offers games at a discount, few games are available on the same day, and many games are free. If you have bought the game pass subscription but cannot launch the games on Xbox or PC, this post will help you fix the problem....
  8. XBox App for PC - I can't launch any games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XBox App for PC - I can't launch any games: Hi.I'm on a PC trying to launch a game via the Xbox app. When I attempt this I'm taken to the Microsoft Store page.There's also a red bar on my Xbox app at the top of the screen, "Having trouble launching or installing games?" with a link to fix the issue. When clicking the...
  9. PC Xbox app won’t launch games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC Xbox app won’t launch games: I wanted to play ark on my pc but it’s e Microsoft version. When I try to launch it I get an error message that says “This app can’t open check the windows store fir more info about ARK: Survival Evolved”. I have tried restarting my computer, reinstalling the Xbox app,...
  10. Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Not Launching on Xbox (Beta) app for PC: Hey guys, After i finish downloading games, such as Astroneer and Wargroove on the Xbox (Beta) app for Windows 10 i am unable to launch these games. Once i press the PLAY button for any of these games nothing happens, however Sea of Thieves does in fact work. Please Help...